SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

Sites and Collaboration

Welcome! This is your place to suggest ideas or vote for ideas for improving the SharePoint Sites and Collaboration experience.

How to submit a new idea

1. Check if it's already been suggested. If it has, vote for it.
  2. If it's new, submit it in 50 words or less.
  3. Gather support!
  4. If your idea receives over 100 votes in 90 days, we will respond.
    If not, we will close it.

Want to engage further? Please visit the SharePoint Community

Note: we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow us to control replying for replies in Discussion

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    ディスカッション掲示板の返信に対して更に返信する操作の制御
    Allow us to control replying for replies in Discussion

■Description(内容):
    ディスカッション掲示板やニュース Web パーツなど、議題に対して返信されたコメントに更に返信を行うことが可能ですが、返信への返信を制御できる機能を追加機能です。
    I would like to see the feature to control replying for replies in such as Discussion or News Web parts.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Lists  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Please allow us to view the latest comment in a Text field with 'Append Changes' turned on

To be able to put a 'Latest Update' field in with append changes is a great feature when tracking an issues list in SharePoint. However when viewing all the issues in the list, you just get a link to 'View Entries'. I understand you may not be able to fit a full comments list in the view, but there is surely room to add a few lines of the latest comment with a link to view?

Without being able to view any text at all we cannot get even a brief memory jog of where the issue is at. The…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Remove the truncation of text in Modern Lists and enable word wrap

Rather than text disappearing after 5 lines, have it so that all text appears regardless of the amount of text in it, similar to classic lists. Often lists are used for posting notices that can contain a significant amount of text, and having to click to open the item is inconvenient. Also include word wrapping, guessing where a line ends is tedious

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Ability to configure a task list with collapsed task groups.

Add columns or configuration to task lists to allow grouping tasks the same way a standard list can be grouped (choice of expanded or collapsed). Large task lists are difficult to display so you can open a specific phase or group of tasks.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Not possible to "select" multiple cells or "copy" a cell by dragging in Datasheet view

"Selecting" multiple cells or "Copying" a cell by dragging the cursor in datasheet does not work, since you can only drag to the end of the screen. In a long list you have to finish the drag, scroll down manually and repeat the action multiple times. This worked in SharePoint 2010 but not in SharePoint 2016. This is very annoying when you have a long list.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. We would like to see a lookup column automatically scroll to a matched item as characters are typed.

When you use the "Quick Edit" feature on a list to edit items, lookup items are automatically scrolled-to or found as characters are typed into the field. This feature should be available in the single item edit in the modern list experience.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. column filter modern search

After you have done a scoped search on a list or library, allow for the ability to filter by columns to further refine your search results.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Change Content Type

Add the ability to update the document content type in the Edit All section of the information panel.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Lists  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. "Edit Item" show only colums in current view

In a list with a lot of columns and specific views to filter for relevant data, clicking "Edit Item" shows all options for the selected item. Please let me automatically filter out all columns that are hidden in the current view.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Filters and grouping not reapplied properly in modern views

Two use case scenarios that I have come across that are not working as expected:

1) Modern view that is grouped by two columns - Changing the value of the first column to remove it from the group results in the count next to the two categories being decremented but the item still remains visible in the original group

2) Modern view that is filtered based on value of a column - If I change the value of the filtered column to a value that would exclude the item from the view entirely, the wrong list item is excluded from…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Allow us to show only list items in custom list

■Title(件名):
    カスタム リストで、リストアイテムだけを表示させる機能
    Allow us to show only list items in custom list

■Description(内容):

SharePoint Online のカスタム リストにおいて、当該リストとリスト アイテムのみを表示させ、その他の項目を非表示とする機能の追加を要望します。
    マップ機能を取り込んだ際など、デザイン面でより良いものにデザインすることが出来るため、機能拡充を要望します

I would like to see the feature to show that list and list items and hide another list in SharePoint Custom list.
    This feature will help us to make better display in terms of design when we add map functionality.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Allow us to specify the star and end time in minutes in “Define Your Work Week”

■Title(件名):
    稼働日の定義を分単位で設定できる機能
    Allow us to specify the star and end time in minutes in “Define Your Work Week”

■Description(内容):
    SharePoint Online の稼働日の定義について。
    現在、稼働日の定義で設定可能な値が一時間単位となっております。
    こちらに 30 分または分単位で設定できる機能を追加していただきたいと考えております。

I would like to see the feature to specify the star and end time in 30 min or in minutes, instead of in 1hr, in “Define Your Work Week” setting at SharePoint Online.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Provide us the notification feature to know attached items in list items are downloaded

■Title(件名):
    リスト アイテムの添付ファイルのダウンロードを通知する機能
    Provide us the notification feature to know attached items in list items are downloaded

■Description(内容):
    現在、SharePoint Online のリスト アイテムの添付ファイルをダウンロードされた際に管理者に通知する機能がない状況となっておりますので、当該機能の追加および動作変更を希望します。

I would like to see the feature to notify admins when users downloaded attached files in SharePoint Online list items.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Allow entry row for new items at top of list

allow a choice of entering new data in edit view at top of list

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Allow permissions to be set at view levelf

We have a need to use lists for multiple uses. We want to be able to create views and restrict members from seeing all items view., but allow them to see the view they are needing.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Allow us to open the link which is set in [In this column:] properly via Modern UI

■Title(件名):
    モダン UI のリストの "参照" 列の動作について
    Allow us to open the link which is set in [In this column:] properly via Modern UI

■Description(内容):
    モダン UI のリストにおいて、"参照" 列の設定で [取得する列:] を [タイトル (アイテムへのリンク)] に設定した場合、リンクをクリックすると別なタブで表示され参照元のアイテム内の文字列が複数行ある場合には、スクロール バーが表示されず文字列がすべて閲覧できない。また、その場合 [閉じる] ボタンも反応せずページを閉じることもできない動作となる。なお、クラシック UI では本動作には至らず、同一ページでプロパティ画面が表示されスクロール バーも表示され正常にリンク先アイテムが開く動作となる。そのため、モダン UI においても "参照" 列の設定で [取得する列:] を [タイトル (アイテムへのリンク)] に設定した場合、正常に動作するように機能改善を要望します。

At Modern UI lists, if [Title (linked to item)] was set to [In this column:] at column setting for “lookup” column and I click the link, the link was opened by another tab. If the item in referrers have multiple text strings, scroll bar will not be displayed and…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allow us to add list items in Required multiple line text column and Managed metadata column via iPad

■Title(件名):
    iPad でのリストアイテム追加時の動作について
    Allow us to add list items in Required multiple line text column and Managed metadata column via iPad

■Description(内容):
    iPadでリストアイテムを追加する際、以下の列にアイテムを追加することが出来ません。
    ・ 入力を必須にした複数行テキスト列
    ・管理されたメタデータ列
    入力必須にした複数行テキスト列は、SharePoint アプリでは保存できますがブラウザーでの保存が出来ません。
    管理されたメタデータ列はブラウザーでもアプリでも保存できない動作となるため、動作の改善を希望します。

In current design, with iPad I can’t add list items at columns in below.
    ・Required multiple line text column
    ・Managed metadata column

For Required multiple line text column, I can save items via SharePoint app but not at browser.
    For Managed metadata column, I can’t save items at both app and browser, so please let me add list items in those columns as well.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add the Send by email feature that is shown in the news web part to custom lists

It would be great if we could use Send by email in custom lists. It is currently available for news web part in SharePoint site collections. If we want to send custom list by an email, we might try to use JSON to customize column formatting. I would request you to implement Send by email as a standard feature into custom lists.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add page feed buttons on Lists in Classic UI to go to desired pages more quickly

■Title(件名):
    リストのページ送りのボタンについて

Add page feed buttons on Lists in Classic UI to go to desired pages more quickly

■Description(内容):
    クラシック UI のリストのページ送りについて、下部のページ送りを行うボタンを任意のページにワンクリックで遷移が行えるよう "[1-30] [31-60] [61-90]" や "[1] [2] [3] [4]" のように表示できるような設定機能の拡充を要望します。

When we want to go to the desired page on lists in the Classic UI with just one click, it will be great if we could have page feed button such as "[1-30] [31-60] [61-90]" or "[1] [2] [3] [4]".

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Allow us to change the category in bulk for posted items in SharePoint Online Discussion

■Title(件名):
    SharePoint Online のディスカッション掲示板で過去に投稿した記事のカテゴリを一括で変更する機能や設定も追加要望
    Allow us to change the category in bulk for posted items in SharePoint Online Discussion

■Description(内容):
    SharePoint Online のディスカッション掲示板を利用しています。過去に投稿した記事の "カテゴリ A" の名前を "カテゴリ B" に変更する必要が生じました。それに伴い、現時点では過去に投稿した記事のカテゴリを変更するには、個別で変更するしかありません。過去に投稿した記事のカテゴリを一括で変更できる機能が実装されれば作業の効率化につながるかと思います。機能の追加を希望します。

I would like to see the feature to change the category in bulk for posted items in SharePoint Online Discussion. In current design, if I need to change the category name from “category A” to “category B” for all previous posts, I have to work for each post. I believe this feature will help to improve efficiency.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base