SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

Sites and Collaboration

Welcome! This is your place to suggest ideas or vote for ideas for improving the SharePoint Sites and Collaboration experience.

How to submit a new idea

1. Check if it's already been suggested. If it has, vote for it.
  2. If it's new, submit it in 50 words or less.
  3. Gather support!
  4. If your idea receives over 100 votes in 90 days, we will respond.
    If not, we will close it.

Want to engage further? Please visit the SharePoint Community

Note: we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow us to add list items in Required multiple line text column and Managed metadata column via iPad

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    iPad でのリストアイテム追加時の動作について
    Allow us to add list items in Required multiple line text column and Managed metadata column via iPad

■Description(内容):
    iPadでリストアイテムを追加する際、以下の列にアイテムを追加することが出来ません。
    ・ 入力を必須にした複数行テキスト列
    ・管理されたメタデータ列
    入力必須にした複数行テキスト列は、SharePoint アプリでは保存できますがブラウザーでの保存が出来ません。
    管理されたメタデータ列はブラウザーでもアプリでも保存できない動作となるため、動作の改善を希望します。

In current design, with iPad I can’t add list items at columns in below.
    ・Required multiple line text column
    ・Managed metadata column

For Required multiple line text column, I can save items via SharePoint app but not at browser.
    For Managed metadata column, I can’t save items at both app and browser, so please let me add list items in those columns as well.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Lists  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add the Send by email feature that is shown in the news web part to custom lists

It would be great if we could use Send by email in custom lists. It is currently available for news web part in SharePoint site collections. If we want to send custom list by an email, we might try to use JSON to customize column formatting. I would request you to implement Send by email as a standard feature into custom lists.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Add page feed buttons on Lists in Classic UI to go to desired pages more quickly

■Title(件名):
    リストのページ送りのボタンについて

Add page feed buttons on Lists in Classic UI to go to desired pages more quickly

■Description(内容):
    クラシック UI のリストのページ送りについて、下部のページ送りを行うボタンを任意のページにワンクリックで遷移が行えるよう "[1-30] [31-60] [61-90]" や "[1] [2] [3] [4]" のように表示できるような設定機能の拡充を要望します。

When we want to go to the desired page on lists in the Classic UI with just one click, it will be great if we could have page feed button such as "[1-30] [31-60] [61-90]" or "[1] [2] [3] [4]".

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Allow us to change the category in bulk for posted items in SharePoint Online Discussion

■Title(件名):
    SharePoint Online のディスカッション掲示板で過去に投稿した記事のカテゴリを一括で変更する機能や設定も追加要望
    Allow us to change the category in bulk for posted items in SharePoint Online Discussion

■Description(内容):
    SharePoint Online のディスカッション掲示板を利用しています。過去に投稿した記事の "カテゴリ A" の名前を "カテゴリ B" に変更する必要が生じました。それに伴い、現時点では過去に投稿した記事のカテゴリを変更するには、個別で変更するしかありません。過去に投稿した記事のカテゴリを一括で変更できる機能が実装されれば作業の効率化につながるかと思います。機能の追加を希望します。

I would like to see the feature to change the category in bulk for posted items in SharePoint Online Discussion. In current design, if I need to change the category name from “category A” to “category B” for all previous posts, I have to work for each post. I believe this feature will help to improve efficiency.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Automatic summary feature for number of files in folders in the document library and another feature to show the number of viewed files

It would be great to have an automatic summary feature for files in folders in the document library and the result would be shown as a content.
    It would also be great if we could see the number of each viewed file based on the result of the automatic summary.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. A feature to obtain download counts for the attachment file in the list item

I would like to request you to implement a feature for the list item to count how many times the attachment file in the list item has been downloaded.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Modern List view formatting with search capabilities

When using JSON list view formatting, I would like to be able to specify if I want a search bar and be able to search within the view records easily. At this time there isn't any options not even on regular SharePoint lists.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Modern list view formatting to customize add attributes

I've been working a lot on formatting list views with the JSON formatting. I would like to have the ability to add "Id" and "name" as attributes. This will allow me to create anchor tags that can be used to jump to other content areas. I've tested if this would work and it does work if you manipulate the DOM manually.

The current list of available attributes are:

href
    rel
    src
    class
    target
    title
    role
    iconName
    d
    aria

as listed here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint/dev/declarative-customization/column-formatting#attributes

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Allow us to choose more than 10 calendars at “Calendar Overlay Settings” of calendar apps

■Title(件名):
    予定表アプリの "予定表の重ね合わせの設定" で選択可能な予定表の数の拡充要望
    Allow us to choose more than 10 calendars at “Calendar Overlay Settings” of calendar apps

■Description(内容):
    現在、予定表アプリの "予定表の重ね合わせの設定" で選択可能な予定表の数が 10 であるため、より多くの予定表の重ね合わせを実施できるように機能の拡充を要望します。

I would like you to raise the maximum number more than 10 of calendars per view at “Calendar Overlay Settings” of calendar apps.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. allow the list owner to determine what is shown in the create an item +NEW drop down

Currently the new drop down does not give us a way to edit what field show up in it. I would like to have the choice of what appears in this drop down

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Specify which library is used as the default when uploading files in a rich text field

Allow admins to specify which library is the default selection in the dialog box used when uploading files in a rich text field. Currently, all libraries that a user has access to will appear as values in the drop down list. Many times, the library that is used as the default selection is not the correct one and often users don't pay any attention to that.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. connected web parts (list & library) as consumers

The new dynamic data capabilities are great, but would be much better if lists and libraries were capable of being dynamic data consumers as well as sources.

My scenario currently is that I've got a list of suppliers, a list containing their evaluations, and a document library containing their certifications. It would be terrific if I could link these on a page, so that selecting a supplier would filter down the list of their specific evaluations and their certifications in a document library view.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Allow changing format settings for multi-line text column in “Rich-Text” format

■Title(件名):
    "リッチ テキスト" 形式の複数行テキスト列における書式設定について

Allow changing format settings for multi-line text column in “Rich-Text” format

■Description(内容):
    現在の SharePoint Online では、Google Chrome や Firefox、Microsoft Edge のブラウザを利用している場合、"リッチ テキスト" 形式の複数行テキスト列に入力を行う際に、フォントなどの書式設定を変更することができないことを確認しています。
    それに対し Internet Explorer では、書式設定のメニューが表示され、フォントなどの変更が可能であることを確認しています。
    Internet Explorer 以外のブラウザでも同様に書式設定を変更することができるよう機能の追加を希望します。

If we use Google Chrome, Firefox and Microsoft Edge to see SharePoint Online page, when typing words to multi-line text column in the “rich-text” format, we are not able to change the font or other formatting. Only in Internet Explorer the menu to change the format settings is displayed and we can make changes on the multi-line text column in the “rich-text” format.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Controlling feature to allow users to view the information only related to themselves

■Title(件名):
    サインインしているユーザー アカウントに関連する情報のみ表示させる制御機能の実装

Controlling feature to allow users to view the information only related to themselves

■Description(内容):
    現在、SharePoint Online のリスト アイテムをサインインしているユーザー アカウントに関連する情報のみ表示させる方法として、"ユーザーまたはグループ" 列にて [Me] 関数を用いた制御にて可能となるが、[Me] 関数にてユーザーのフィルターをする場合は "ユーザーまたはグループ" 列のみが可能となるため、他の列においても [Me] 関数にて制御を行えるように機能拡充を要望します。
    また、"ユーザーまたはグループ" 列での [Me] 関数の制御以外でも、SharePoint Online のリスト アイテムをサインインしているユーザー アカウントに関連する情報のみ表示させユーザーごとで制御される機能の実装を要望します。

By controlling with [Me] function at "User or Group" column, we are able to restrict users from seeing list items related to other users. However, filtering users by [Me] function can be performed only on "User or Group" column. It will be great if we could use [Me] function at other columns as well.
    In addition to that, I…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Allow us to open files directly which is attached to “multiple line test” column in custom list

■Title(件名):
    カスタム リストの "複数行テキスト" 列に添付されたファイルを直接開く機能の追加希望
    Allow us to open files directly which is attached to “multiple line test” column in custom list

■Description(内容):
    現在の SharePoint Online では、Google Chrome や Firefox、Microsoft Edge のブラウザを利用している場合、カスタム リストの "複数行テキスト" 列に添付されたファイルを直接開くことができず、ダウンロードされてしまう。
    ドキュメント ライブラリでは [Excel で開く] からファイルを直接開くことができるが、それと同様にカスタム リストでもファイルを直接開く機能の追加を希望します。

At current SharePoint Online, we are not able to open files which is attached to “multiple line test” column in custom list, those files will be downloaded when we use Google Chrome, Firefox or Microsoft Edge.
    It is able to open files from “Open in Excel” menu at document libraries, so I would like to see…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Allow site owners to only share views with specific users

In a large organization, it is vital that site owners have the ability to share list views with only specific users, thus ensuring the organization-wide Views list remains manageable.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. enhance list view filtering options to collectively filter then produce results

Enhance list view filtering options to allow multiple filtering options to be collectively run THEN count the view total.

It is evident that the first filtering used on a view, such as a date range, must filter results under 5,000 versus the collective filters returning a count of under 5,000. An example of what I mean by “collective filters” is setting a view to filter on data range + location + other criteria, etc. While our SharePoint 2007 environment was able to do this, SharePoint Online appears to be much more limited with its collective filtering abilities. In other words,…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Improve the behavior in list item edit form on Modern UI lists

■Title(件名):
    Modern UI リストの "リスト アイテム編集フォーム" について

Improve the behavior in list item edit form on Modern UI lists

■Description(内容):
    リスト アイテム編集中のフォームが閉じられることにより余計な工数が生じ業務に支障が出ている。
    Modern UI リストにおいてリスト アイテム編集時に、編集フォーム以外の他画面をクリックすることで、編集フォームが閉じられてしまい、編集内容の消失により、再入力の手間がかかる。
    新規アイテム作成時は、他画面をクリックしても、フォームが閉じられることはない為、編集時も同じ仕様にしていただく事で、運用時の無用な混乱を避けたい。
    または、リスト アイテム編集フォームにおいて、フォーム外をクリックして閉じられた場合にも、編集した内容が保存されるようにしてほしい。

When editing list items on a Modern UI list, if you click another window or screen while editing it will close the editing form. Because of this we sometimes lose the edited contents and it requires us to re-edit the form.
    It is time consuming for us, therefore, please stop closing the editing window even if we clicked another screen, just like when we create a new item.…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Creating a column as a selectable icon from multiple pictures

I would like you to implement a feature that creates a column which can be selected as an icon by registering multiple pictures.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. save as a template sharepoint online list

Need "Save as a Template" for custom lists in Sharepoint Online for O365 enabled groups (e.g. Teams). We repurpose lists and rebuilding them takes time and labor. If we could save a list (and have choice to include data) as a template this would save numerous hours recreating the same list.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base