SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

Sites and Collaboration

Welcome! This is your place to suggest ideas or vote for ideas for improving the SharePoint Sites and Collaboration experience.

How to submit a new idea

1. Check if it's already been suggested. If it has, vote for it.
  2. If it's new, submit it in 50 words or less.
  3. Gather support!
  4. If your idea receives over 100 votes in 90 days, we will respond.
    If not, we will close it.

Want to engage further? Please visit the SharePoint Community

Note: we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. List new Form, default values not working

When having a List with a metadata column, you can define a default value. This default value is showing up in the new Form until you edit any other column in the new Form. By inserting any value, in the Form, the default value on the metadata column is removed. -> default values are useless in this case!
    -> Bug that should be fixed.
    -> Expected behaviour, default values with metadata fields should work the same as example text fields.

It was suggested by technet support to add this entry:
    https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/onlineservicessharepoint/thread/f5ace8da-d0af-4cd6-8f60-701d6c6a4333/

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Lists  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Lookup Columns to List

When i create a lookup column from my Document library to a plain text column in a list it displays as a link to the item in that list. This seems to be new and should be a choice not a must. Can it be that i can just have a lookup column to plain text

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. multi-user field not breaking line

Multi-user field value not breaking line and values get hidden

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Calendar Overlay option available for Calendar Views for lists in SharePoint online.

I’d like to see the Calendar Overlay option available for Calendar Views for lists in SharePoint online.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Add 'walk through' capabilities to the 360 degree image viewer.

It would be helpful if you could link several 360-degree images, via metadata, so that you could navigate from one 360 image to the next without leaving the 360 viewer. Something similar to the 'walk down a street' functionality available in Google maps today.

Having the ability to seamlessly 'walk' down a line would be more efficient and less disruptive when trying to review a series of photos for a specific task.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. SharePoint list forms have a strange behavior that I believe should be removed. If I go to a list item out-of-box form, remove an attachmen

SharePoint (modern) list forms have a strange behavior that I believe should be removed. If I go to a list item out-of-box form, remove an attachment, add a new attachment, and then toggle a yes/no control or change a dropdown, the new attachment disappears and the old one returns. Yet, when I submit the form, the new attachment is the one that is actually submitted.

The toggles/dropdowns should not alter what is shown in the attachment control. This is extremely confusing for users.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Improvements on the errors that are shown when accessing list items without the appropriate access permissions

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    アクセス権限の無いリスト アイテムへアクセスした際に表示されるエラーの改善について
    Improvements on the errors that are shown when accessing list items without the appropriate access permissions

■Description(内容):
    "固有の権限" を設定しているリスト アイテムへアクセス権限がないユーザーがアクセスした場合、エラー メッセージとして "申し訳ございません。何らかの問題が発生しました。 (Sorry, something went wrong) " と表示されるため、アクセス権限によるエラーであることが判断できるエラー メッセージを表示してほしい。​
    If a user without access permission tries to access list items that require "Unique Permissions", the error message "Sorry, something went wrong" will be displayed. We hope that an error message that allows users to determine that the error is due to access permission will be displayed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Please keep the selected option for the checkbox choices in the list

When we select the checkbox option for the list item and move to the different field, the selected data will be cleared. I would like you to improve this behavior.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. View JST date when setting custom list with toLocaleTimeString

We set date on custom SPO custom list with referencing toLocaleTimeString by following the instruction on the public information, but there is 17 hours’ time lag.
    We are aware of that this is by design if the time zone of SPO hosting server is PST. But we prefer viewing JST that we set.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. When using bulk processing in SharePoint lists via (i) existing entries in elements are deleted without warning !!

If you select several elements in order to add data from a selection field with multiple input via mass processing, the existing data in this field will be deleted.

The following example:

I have created a list of "software inventory data". The list has a field of the type selection with multiple output. All elements in this selection field had data such as Word, Excel, Powerpoint. For some elements, the software access should be recorded subsequently. If you select elements in the list with "Ctrl" and select mass processing on the right with i and then select, for example, the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Show search result total

Hi, when searching a specific list say for example with a wildcard "name*" it would be good to get a count of results returned if there are many, or if looking for a specific count.

Thank you
    Stan

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Implement a feature to restore deleted workflows and to keep records of their deletion

■Title(件名):
    削除済みのワークフローの復元と削除履歴について
    Implement a feature to restore deleted workflows and to keep records of their deletion

■Description(内容):
    現在のサービスでは削除済みのワークフローの復元ができず、その削除経緯は監査ログにも反映しない。
    そのため、意図せずワークフローが削除されてしまった際にその是正を行うことができない。
    削除済みのワークフローの復元機能の実装、およびワークフローの削除経緯が監査ログに反映されるよう希望します。
    The current service does not allow us to restore deleted workflows, and audit logs do not state why and how they were deleted, which causes a huge trouble when workflows are deleted by accident. So, I would like a feature implemented so we can restore deleted workflows as well as have the whole process of workflow deletion be reflected in the audit logs.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Survey application’s Detailed Answer section should display user information.

■Title(件名):
    アンケート アプリの回答詳細に、ユーザー情報を加えて表示させたい
    Survey application’s Detailed Answer section should display user information.

■Description(内容):
    アンケート アプリの回答を表示した際に下部に記載される作成者の項目に、所属部署やメール アドレスを表示できるようにしたい。
    When we see responses from Survey application, the Author item appears at the bottom. I would like the affiliation and email addresses displayed there as well.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. I want to sort the item order when registering items into the list on SharePoint Online

■Title(件名):
    SharePoint Online 上で リストへのアイテム登録時の項目をソートしたい
    I want to sort the item order when registering items into the list on SharePoint Online

■Description(内容):
    SharePoint Online 内の 参照側のカスタム リストへアイテムを追加する際、マスタとして登録しているリストの ID 順に オプションが表示されるようソート機能の拡充を希望します。
    運用上 マスタとなるリストでは ID 列で意図的に順番を制御しておりますが、参照列を利用した場合にはその制御が不可のため、業務上理想とされる順番での配置ができない状況のため、実装を希望いたします。
    I hope a sort feature will be implemented so that items added into the reference custom list in SharePoint Online will be displayed in the ID order that has been pre-registered in a master list.
    The order of the ID rows in the master list can be controlled as desired, but control is not possible when reference rows are used. This creates a…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Please implement a feature to delete the categories that were manually inserted while adding events using Event Web Parts from list settings

■Title(件名):
    イベント Web パーツでイベントの追加時に手動で入力したカテゴリをリストの設定から削除できるようにしてほしい
    Please implement a feature to delete the categories that were manually inserted while adding events using Event Web Parts from list settings

■Description(内容):
    イベント Web パーツでイベントの追加時に手動で入力したカテゴリを削除する方法として、"サイトコンテンツ" の "イベントリスト" を開き、"ビューの管理" から "現在のビュー" を "すべてのイベント" にし、"ビューの編集" で "カテゴリ" を表示し、編集して削除する方法でしか削除することができないが、イベントの追加時に手動で入力したカテゴリを、リストの設定から削除できる機能の実装を要望します。
    The only way to delete the categories that were manually entered while adding events using Event Web Parts, I will first need to open "Event List" under "Site Content", and from "Manage Views", set "Current View" to "All Events", then displaying "Categories" in "Edit View" to edit and delete the categories. Thus I hope for a…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Change Threshold Limit for SharePoint List/Library

Recently we came across one issue, where we are unable to rename the folder due to threshold issue. Item count is high and indexing is also not working. We raised concern with MS Team as well but no solutions.
    Request you to change :
    1. List View Thrshold Limit or Give some option to change it as per users requirement through admin portal
    2.Change indexing limit of 20000 Items

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. discussion board anonymous replies

Unable to reply to an Anonymous Discussion board anonymously. Getting an "Access denied..." message

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Out of the box alert using news

When posting news using the desktop, an alert is sent out via mobile only automatically and out of the box. Can this functionality be extended to desktops as well without using flow so all users in a site are notified?
    Thanks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Implement a feature for column to refer the entry in other column

It would be great to have a column that can refer the entry in the specific column to automatically decide it requires information input or not.
    For example, when you type Yes in column A, column B refers it and automatically set itself as mandatory column. If you type No in column A, then column B automatically sets itself as optional column.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I would like to have the possibility to display the "filter by " in any order.

■Title(件名):
    「フィルター基準」を任意の順序で並べ替えたい
    I would like to have the possibility to display the "filter by " in any order.

■Description(内容):
    リストのタイトル列をクリックして表示される「フィルター基準」に表示されるアイテムを任意の順序で並び替えたい

When click on the title column of the custom list to display "filter by "
    I want to be able to display "filter by" items in any order.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base