SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

Sites and Collaboration

Welcome! This is your place to suggest ideas or vote for ideas for improving the SharePoint Sites and Collaboration experience.

How to submit a new idea

1. Check if it's already been suggested. If it has, vote for it.
  2. If it's new, submit it in 50 words or less.
  3. Gather support!
  4. If your idea receives over 100 votes in 90 days, we will respond.
    If not, we will close it.

Want to engage further? Please visit the SharePoint Community

Note: we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. About the function to restrict editing per list column

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    リスト列ごとに編集を制限する機能について
    About the function to restrict editing per list column

■Description(内容):
    現状ユーザーがリストを編集する際、権限はリスト全体のみ設定が可能となっております。 任意の列については、ユーザーの編集を不可にする権限設定があると便利だと思うため、実装を希望します。
    In the current function of editing lists, it only allows control over editing the list as a whole. I think it would be convenient if users' ability to edit individual columns could also be configured, so would like to see that functionality added.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Lists  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Filter conditions for lists with over 5000 items

■Title(件名):
    5,000 アイテムを超えたリストのフィルター条件について
    Filter conditions for lists with over 5000 items

■Description(内容):
    現在、クラシック UI のリストやライブラリでは、5,000 アイテム数を超えた場合、しきい値の制限によりエラーが発生し、アイテムを表示できません。
    回避策として、インデックス付きの列を使用してビューのフィルター条件を設定し、5,000 アイテム以内に絞り込むことでアイテムの表示が可能です。
    しかしながら、ビューのフィルター条件を複数設定する際に OR で結合すると、フィルター条件の絞り込み結果が 5,000 アイテム以内であっても引き続きしきい値のエラーが発生します。
    5,000 アイテム数を超えたリストやライブラリにて、OR を使用したビューのフィルター条件を設定した場合、正常に動作するように改善を希望します。
    Currently, for lists and libraries in the Classic UI, if there are more than 5000 items in the list, items can’t be displayed due to an error regarding item threshold limits.
    As a workaround, you can add an index column and set a filter so that the number of items can be reduced to below 5000, allowing the items to be displayed.
    However, if you set several conditions for the view…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Fix group by limit modern list view

On a modern list view you cannot limit the group by option. This is because modern views have continuous scrolling which ignores the limit.
    Please fix this so we can use this option again.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. List when Content Approval is set to enabled

■Title(件名):
    コンテンツの承認を有効にしている場合のリストについて
    List when Content Approval is set to enabled

■Description(内容):
    SharePoint Online のリストの設定にある "コンテンツの承認" を有効化している場合、承認権限を持ってないユーザーであっても、どういった編集が承認待ちとなっているのかわかりやすく表記されるページの追加を希望します。​
    We hope that a page will be added to show users (even users that do not have approval permissions) what kind of edit changes are awaiting approval when "Content Approval" in the list settings of SharePoint Online is enabled.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. About behavior where items in SharePoint Online lists cannot be deleted

■Title(件名):
    SharePoint Online のリストのアイテムが削除できない動作について
    About behavior where items in SharePoint Online lists cannot be deleted

■Description(内容):
    SharePoint Online のリストでアイテムが多数ある場合、1 ページ目は リボン メニューの "アイテムの削除" からアイテムを削除することが可能だが、2 ページ目移行のアイテムを削除する場合、リボン メニューの "アイテムの削除" がグレーアウトしアイテムの削除ができなくなる動作を改善してほしい。
    If there are many items in SharePoint Online lists, it is possible to delete items on page 1 by selecting from the ribbon menu, but it is not possible after page 2 since the “delete items” option under the ribbon menu is grayed out. Please fix this problem.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Remove Discussion Board reliance on Internet Explorer

Today, to get the most out of Discussion Boards in Classic mode, you must use the dying browser Internet Explorer. Please modernize the tools (ribbon tool set) to properly work with others, in particular Chromium engine. I still have to use IE 11 so that I can successfully import images.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Files will be displayed at the very bottom of the list when uploaded in a custom list

■Title(件名):
    カスタム リストで添付ファイルをつけると、一番下に添付ファイル表示がされるため、一番上に表示させたい
    Files will be displayed at the very bottom of the list when uploaded in a custom list

■Description(内容):
    カスタム リストの添付ファイル表示はでデフォルトで一番下に表示されるが、ファイル有無の管理をしやすくするため、表示順を変更できるようにしてほしい。
    Files uploaded in a custom list are always shown at the very bottom of the list, but to manage the list better, I hope I will be able to arrange the order of items inside of the list.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Modern list form should respect a column’s SchemaXml values for ShowInDisplayForm and ShowInEditForm.

A column includes programmatically editable boolean properties called ShowInDisplayForm and ShowInDisplayForm that are very useful to enable users to see the value of a field (ShowInDisplayForm=TRUE) without being able to edit it (ShowInEditForm=FALSE).

But with the modern list interface, the edit and display forms have been combined in such a way that if ShowInEditForm is set to FALSE for a column, it will not show in the form at all – even if you are not in edit mode.

If ShowInDisplayForm is set to TRUE, and ShowInEditForm is set to FALSE, then:
    1) The column should show in the initially…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. You can't make edits in Access's "Design View".

■Title(件名):
    Access の "デザインビュー" で編集を行うことが出来ない。
    You can't make edits in Access's "Design View".

■Description(内容):
    SharePoint のリストと Access のデータベースをリンクさせた場合、現在の機能では "デザインビュー" で編集することが出来ない。
    "デザインビュー" で編集することが可能となれば、よりデータ管理の自由度が広まり、利便性の向上が見込まれますので、機能の拡張を希望します。

If you link a SharePoint list to an Access database, the current feature does not allow you to edit it in the "Design view".
    If you can edit it in the "Design View", you will have more freedom in data management and improved convenience, so you want to expand your functionality.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Allow item level permissions and enforce unique

I have a list that supports an HR process for employees of a large organization. It has to do with retirement, so each employee should have only one entry, and I only want HR reps to see the items they've submitted. So, I'm using item level permissions, and want to enforce unique on the employee's ID to prevent multiple entries for the same employee. SharePoint gives me an error, and refuses to allow both functions to be active on the same list.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. A feature to reflect changes in the change notification email subject in lists

■Title(件名):
    リストの変更通知メールの件名に変更内容を反映させる機能について
    A feature to reflect changes in the change notification email subject in lists

■Description(内容):
    リストに変更が行われた際に通知されるメールの件名が、現在は既定の件名となり変更内容が反映されていない。
    通知メールの件名を、リストの変更された内容に合わせて変える機能を追加してほしい。
    The subject of the notification email that is sent when changes are performed in lists is currently set to a default subject and content of the changes are not reflected.
    We hope a feature will be added to change the subject of the notification email accordingly to the contents changed in the list.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Publishing the most recently updated version of SharePoint list forms customized by Microsoft Power Apps

■Title(件名):
    SharePoint リストにおける Power Apps でカスタマイズした最新バージョンのフォームの発行について
    Publishing the most recently updated version of SharePoint list forms customized by Microsoft Power Apps

■Description(内容):
    SharePoint リストにカスタマイズ済みの Power Apps のフォームがある場合、既定の SharePoint フォームから Power Apps フォームに変更する際には Power Apps Studio からの発行操作が必要になる。
    現在の動作では、現行バージョンのフォームのままでは発行することができず、フォームに何らかの変更を加えた後にしか、発行操作をすることができない。
    Power Apps Studio から現行バージョンのフォームを発行できるようにするか、SharePoint の [リストの設定] から現行バージョンが適用できるよう機能追加を希望する。
    In SharePoint lists, when there are Microsoft Power Apps forms that have been customized, changing default SharePoint forms into Microsoft Power Apps forms need to be carried out through the publishing processes in Power Apps Studio.
    In the current behavior, I cannot publish the current version of forms unless I make some changes…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Alert notification setting is a bit misleading

Some combinations of "Change Type" and "Send Alerts for These Changes" settings can result not sending notification.
    For example, alerts will not be sent when "Change Type" is set to [New items are added] and "Send Alerts for These Changes" is set to [Someone else changes an item created by me].
    It can be a bit misleading...

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. In SharePoint lists with forms customized in PowerApps, it is not possible to print item values

■Title(件名):
    SharePoint リストにおいて Power Appsでカスタマイズしたフォームの場合、アイテムの値が印刷できない。
    In SharePoint lists with forms customized in PowerApps, it is not possible to print item values

■Description(内容):
    SharePoint リストにおいて Power Appsでカスタマイズしたフォームの場合、印刷時にはアイテムの値が空白となり反映しない。
    カスタマイズしたフォームの場合も正常にアイテムの値が印刷されるよう、変更を希望する。
    In SharePoint lists with forms that have been customized in PowerApps, upon printing the items are shown as blank.
    Please change this behavior such that even forms which have been customized are printed correctly.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. A feature to automatically register Office 365 sign-in information into SharePoint Online lists

■Title(件名):
    Office 365 へのサインイン情報を SharePoint Online のリスト上に自動登録する機能について
    A feature to automatically register Office 365 sign-in information into SharePoint Online lists

■Description(内容):
    現在の運用として、Office 365 へのサインイン情報を SharePoint Online のリストに手動登録しているが、自動登録される機能が存在しないため、機能の実装を希望します。
    Currently we manually register Office 365 sign-in information into SharePoint Online lists, but since there is no automatic register feature we hope one can be implemented.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. List new Form, default values not working

When having a List with a metadata column, you can define a default value. This default value is showing up in the new Form until you edit any other column in the new Form. By inserting any value, in the Form, the default value on the metadata column is removed. -> default values are useless in this case!
    -> Bug that should be fixed.
    -> Expected behaviour, default values with metadata fields should work the same as example text fields.

It was suggested by technet support to add this entry:
    https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/onlineservicessharepoint/thread/f5ace8da-d0af-4cd6-8f60-701d6c6a4333/

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Lookup Columns to List

When i create a lookup column from my Document library to a plain text column in a list it displays as a link to the item in that list. This seems to be new and should be a choice not a must. Can it be that i can just have a lookup column to plain text

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. multi-user field not breaking line

Multi-user field value not breaking line and values get hidden

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Calendar Overlay option available for Calendar Views for lists in SharePoint online.

I’d like to see the Calendar Overlay option available for Calendar Views for lists in SharePoint online.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. SharePoint list forms have a strange behavior that I believe should be removed. If I go to a list item out-of-box form, remove an attachmen

SharePoint (modern) list forms have a strange behavior that I believe should be removed. If I go to a list item out-of-box form, remove an attachment, add a new attachment, and then toggle a yes/no control or change a dropdown, the new attachment disappears and the old one returns. Yet, when I submit the form, the new attachment is the one that is actually submitted.

The toggles/dropdowns should not alter what is shown in the attachment control. This is extremely confusing for users.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base