SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

Sites and Collaboration

Welcome to the Sites & Collaboration UserVoice forum. This is your place to suggest ideas for improving the SharePoint product.

Note: we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How it works

• Share your ideas! But first check to see if it’s already been suggested. Vote for your favorites!
  • If you have a new suggestion, submit it! 25 words or less, please!
  • Ideas will be reviewed monthly – so gather support! If an idea doesn’t have at least 100 votes after 90 days it will be closed.
  • If an idea has been considered for additional review, we’ll update its status.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve SharePoint!

Want to engage further? Please visit the SharePoint Community

I suggest you ....

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Dynamic Column width for default Title column in SharePoint List

Currently the default "Title" column does not have an adjustable width in the new modern SharePoint view only, classic view is unaffected.

So if the column contains 1 row and the cell contains very little text the column width will not adjust to fit the width of the text and leave a large empty space, pushing adjacent columns to the right off the screen.

498 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

74 comments  ·  Lists  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Adding geolocation field to SharePoint Lists

One of the hidden gems in Sharepoint is the new geolocation field. A geolocation field enables you to annotate SharePoint lists with location information. In columns of type Geolocation, you can enter location information as a pair of latitude and longitude coordinates.

For whatever reason, there's no way to add a new geolocation field via the UI. Instead you have to go through some hoops with PowerShell (see: http://zimmergren.net/technical/sp-2013-getting-started-with-the-new-geolocation-field-in-sharepoint-2013) and/or script (see: http://mysharepointinsight.blogspot.com.tr/2013/05/adding-geolocation-field-to-sharepoint.html).

As I understand it, there's an MSI package (SQLSysClrTypes.msi)that must be installed manually on the WFEs in an on premises installation to enable geolocation, but…

57 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Lists  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have added a new column type, Location, to SharePoint Online. It’s a complete modernization of the scenario, and while it partially uses the geolocation column type under the covers, it’s a much improved user experience. see https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Microsoft-SharePoint-Blog/Reinventing-SharePoint-business-process-at-Microsoft-Ignite-2018/ba-p/260444.

• Remove the limit of 5000 items as result in a view

You can have millions of items in a list, but as soon as the view you are using returns more than 5000 ítems then you get an error, the only solution is to create filters and indexes to this view, and it has to be done before reaching the 5000 ítems limit, otherwise there won't be a way to create the indexes / filters.
        I know about this workaround because I created a support case in Microsoft Premium, here you have the reference: [REG:116022413747778] Sharepoint History list has been lost or can't be seen

51 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Lists  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Apologies for late update here. We’re going to close out this suggestion, directing folks to recent updates we shared at Ignite 2017 around smarter indexing and UX improvements to better manage querying and displaying content from large lists (for more details check out this Ignite session: https://myignite.microsoft.com/videos/53861). For specific scenarios or feedback on this approach please post new suggestions (noting that SQL will never scan more than 5k rows, so specific feedback/suggestions where the current approach still blocks scenarios would be welcome). Thanks!

• Submit attachments into SP List using Power Apps

Hi,
          It would be great that we can store the captured invoice into SharePoint List

16 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

• Show me all my followed sites in one place

I'm looking at the new SharePoint page (formerly Sites) and I can't see an way of viewing at the full set of sites that I'm following. There are five of the sites I'm "Following" in the Sidebar and I can see some of these (and others) that I'm following on the main page (solid stars) under "Frequent". There doesn't seem to be a way of just listing all the sites that I'm following, which I could do before.

16 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

• Create a webpart for modern pages where users can rate the page and metadata about the page is shown

Pages that contain an internal knowledge base it would be nice to show some metadata, like an info Square, where it can show metadata (what process, Customer, Product it applies to) and the rating. Also let the reader rate the page.

9 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Lists  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base