SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

Sites and Collaboration

Welcome! This is your place to suggest ideas or vote for ideas for improving the SharePoint Sites and Collaboration experience.

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

How to submit a new idea

1. Check if it's already been suggested. If it has, vote for it.
  2. If it's new, submit it in 50 words or less.
  3. Gather support!
  4. If your idea receives over 100 votes in 90 days, we will respond.
    If not, we will close it.

Want to engage further? Please visit the SharePoint Community

Note: we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. About expansion of the search feature of Stream

■Title(件名):
    Stream の検索機能の拡張について
    About expansion of the search feature of Stream

■Description(内容):

The word before and after the sign makes a hit by a search when I search it with a hashtag and the title including the sign including - (hyphen) in Stream, but wants you to implement a function to be able to narrow down a search to to search the search word including the hyphen by an exact match using double quotation marks.

Stream で - (ハイフン) など記号を含んだハッシュタグやタイトルで検索すると、記号の前後のワードが検索でヒットするが、ハイフンを含んだ検索ワードをダブルクォーテーションなどを使用して完全一致で検索できるように検索を絞り込める機能を実装してほしい。

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Metadata  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Automatically use the PDF title property to set Title column

For Office documents (Word, Powerpoint, Excel) stored in a SharePoint document library the Title column is automatically populated with the title attribute defined in the document. It would be great if this behavior could apply to PDF files as well.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Metadata  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Sharepoint sync, doesnt work

Sharepoint sync, doesnt work when using sync for 2 libraries with columns including mandatory fields.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Overwrite File using Copy To/Move To: Metadata Options

When copying (Copy To) or moving a file (Move To) from the source library to the destination library in the modern UI, and the file already exists in the destination, if the user chooses to overwrite the destination file, it would be great if there were options regarding which metadata to keep:
    * Keep destination metadata
    * Keep source metadata
    * Merge metadata (favour source / favour destination)

The Merge option is a nice-to-have in cases where the source and/or destination has blank fields. Where both have populated corresponding fields, the user must select whether the source or destination takes…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Grab Site Follower Metrics

We have multiple requests from Site Owners, to pull Site following metrics as we begin to push users to follow sites for push notifications, but we have no way to measure the success of this campaign as we cannot pull site following metrics? Would be great to get this functionality in the SP Admin portal or from the Site Contents page.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Audience Targeting - Support for Default Value

Please add a Default Value option to the Audience column and the modern Audience Targeting feature.

With an information architecture where sites are organized based on country, organization etc. the Audience is known hence the ability to be able to set a default Audience value instead of having to set it manually per item.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Fix Managed Metadata Modern UI Filters Tab Tree View

There is a bug when utilizing a multi-tiered managed metadata term store that allows only the tagging of child values. When filtering within the modern UI experience Filters tab Tree view, selecting parent values no longer automatically includes all underlying child values to filter contents properly; instead, users need to manually select the entire path of values for it to return intended results.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Allow editing metadata while still viewing document

Starting recently SharePoint online changed the way the "Edit All" button works when editing metadata. Previously you could edit the metadata while viewing the document. This allowed using the data in the document to fill in the metadata. Now clicking "Edit All" causes the properties column to cover the entire document. Using quick edit is a little more usable bit since it covers the right side of the document it'll often cover information that's needed for the metadata.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Improve the import of large numbers of documents (with their metadata)

Improve the import of large numbers of documents (with their metadata) from 3rd parties (such as Documentum).

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Tell user that a document is locked in Details Pane when updating

If I open a document from a Document Library and attempty to edit the metadata for that document in Quick Edit it tells me that the document is locked and I can't make changes.

If, instead of using Quick Edit, I use the Details Pane to update the metadata, it shows the activity indicator, prints 'Saving' and then it appears thta my changes have been sved - there is no error. In fact, my changes have not been saved because the document is locked.

Quick Edit correctly reports this, reminding me to close the document.

The Details Pane, tells me…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Relationship between content types

Good Morning,

In sharepoint we have configured several types of content, such as invoices, purchase orders, debit notes, credit notes, contracts. All of these could have a relationship and we wish that when a person consults an invoice he could see the documents that are related.

These documents are related by metadata, in other words, by the union of a column or several columns.

I would like Sharepoint to have some option where the types of content can be related by their metadata and easily create relationships between the documents no matter which library they are in.

The lookup fields…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Calender Week Number (ISOWEEKNUM from excel)

Please display the calendar week number or provide a calculated column that is able to display the ISOWEEKNUM like excel in a sharepoint list for a chosen date field.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Site level metadata that cascades down to all documents in the site

Akin to document sets, I think it would be fantastic if a user could easily add site-level metadata that then cascades down to all documents in the given site.

Imagine for example, that you have a Site which houses all documents related to a given company, being able to set this in one place and cascade down would make the metadata entry process trivial and make creating engaging search experiences trivial.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. poor quality search function

add a proper search function.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Enable custom columns for Site Page Content Type in Site Pages

https://sharepoint.uservoice.com/forums/329214-sites-and-collaboration/suggestions/31437259-enable-custom-columns-for-modern-pages
    Following on from the above idea...was this tested on the root site or subsites of the root site? While I can now add custom columns to the Site Pages content type in other site collections and their subsites this functionality isn't available on the root site. Am I missing something? The comments have been closed on the previous idea so am posting as a new idea.

When I create a test category column in the root site and select 'add to all content types' it only applies it to the Wiki Page, Web Part Page, and Repost Page. When…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. data management/linkage

Engage power apps so that managed data from lists and documents can be pushed to lists/documents on other related sites. This will avoid redundancy of effort and linkage to the source of truth.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Sharepoint Data

Where are the Sharepoint Data stored ? In the SAP Cloud in our own Datacenters or in the Microsoft Cloud ??

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Search in Stream

When I search a video in Stream ,I have to input the video' fullname or it is not made a hit .
    I hope that the Stream can also use the SharePoint standard search feature too.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Attendance data

On the old Sharepoint there was the ability to see the number of unique users who were accessing the site. We would like to have this functionality in order to monitor pupils' online attendance during periods of remote learning. It would be great to be able to see the number of unique users, or even have data showing exactly who has accessed the Sharepoint.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)