SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

Sites and Collaboration

Welcome! This is your place to suggest ideas or vote for ideas for improving the SharePoint Sites and Collaboration experience.

How to submit a new idea

1. Check if it's already been suggested. If it has, vote for it.
  2. If it's new, submit it in 50 words or less.
  3. Gather support!
  4. If your idea receives over 100 votes in 90 days, we will respond.
    If not, we will close it.

Want to engage further? Please visit the SharePoint Community

Note: we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow Microsoft Flow to be attached to content types

Add the option in Microsoft Flow to be triggered when a new item of a certain content type is created or modified. This will allow the creation of 1 flow to run a multiple sites which contain a library/list on which the flow needs to run.

84 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Convert Documents to PDF via REST API or Workflow Action

It's great that you can convert a document stored in a SharePoint library to PDF by using the item menus, but I would like to automate that capability through a workflow.

What would be awesome is if I could have a Workflow Action to convert the current item to PDF. If not, then at least expose a REST API so that I could use the Call an HTTP Service to create the PDF file.

75 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. For SharePoint Libraries-Customize forms using PowerApps

I want to be able use PowerApps to customize forms for SharePoint libraries. Currently only lists seem to be supported.

67 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. End-User friendly tool for Workflow

If SharePoint 2016 includes improvements to workflow, since SPD 2013 is not going to be improved, can I request a new end-user friendly tool so that workflows can be created as easily as they could in SharePoint 2013 with SPD2013. The tool should be free and not a add-in to Visual Studio.

67 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Make it possible to disable PowerApps properly of the Custom List in SharePoint Online.

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名): SharePoint Online カスタム リスト上部に表示される Flow PowerApps の無効化について

Make it possible to disable PowerApps properly of the Custom List in SharePoint Online.
    ■Description(内容):
    SharePoint Online カスタムリスト 上部に表示される Flow PowerApps について、各ライセンスを無効にしても使用ができてしまう為、ライセンスを無効にした場合使用できないように動作変更を希望します。
    Flow についてはコマンドを実施することで、サイト単位で無効にすることが可能であるが、PowerApps についてはコマンドを実行しても適用されず無効にすることもできない為、PowerAppsの無効化も行えるようにしてほしい。

Even if we disable each license for Flow PowerApps displayed at the top of SharePoint Online Custom list for the user nevertheless its use is not restricted. For managing the site properly, we hope this behavior will be corrected to that the license will be appropriately invalidated.

In addition, Flow function can be disabled on a site basis by executing specific commands by…

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. We need to see Flow button in document library search result page.

Among files listed in document library search result page, when you try to click eclipse to find Flow button, it is not there.

We need this button to show there so that we can create a Flow or see Flows related for efficient working.

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. SharePoint 2019 : enable PowerApps and Flow features to Library and List

In o365 we can directly customize forms and flow with buttons in the List Actions. It's not possible to do it in SharePoint 2019. This is what I expect to have from the Bill Baer annoucement https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Microsoft-SharePoint-Blog/Welcome-to-SharePoint-Server-2019-a-modern-platform-for-choice/ba-p/194162

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Built-in Workflows and Workflow Designer

Give us basic workflows and the ability to design new workflows without the need for a desktop designer or third-party tool. Workflows are really important so it is unclear why we still need to activate SharePoint 2010 workflows instead of getting out-of-box workflow capabilities. Microsoft Flow is a nice product but going to a wholly separate website that is not fully integrated with SharePoint is not a very good answer either.

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Make it easier/possible to update Managed Metadata fields in SharePoint Designer workflows

Right now, trying to update a Managed Metadata field in a SharePoint 2013 workflow is almost a nightmare. It use to be that you could pass a string in a particular format (ex. "ID;#Label;GUID") but now you have to build a Dictionary object. And sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't.

Please stop this madness. I would recommend a new workflow action like "Set *this managed metadata field* to *this term*" or perhaps enhancing the "Set *this item*" action in some way.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Ability to run Flow from library/list webpart

It is possible to add custom buttons to run flows against documents and list items - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint/dev/declarative-customization/column-formatting#create-a-button-to-launch-a-flow

However this only works when the user is in the library or list. If you're on a page and have a library/list web part the flow button is visible but does nothing when clicked. There's also none of the OOB options to run flows associated with the library/list when viewing them via the web part.

It would be really useful if this functionality was added as most of our libraries and lists are presented via pages on our SharePoint environment.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Bring Back Slide Library Feature

The slide library feature needs to be brought back to SharePoint. This was a very useful feature.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. split CC team into phone/sms-only and email/chat-only

I think that the customer care team should be split into two - one team handling exclusively phone calls (and maybe text messages as well, since nothing can override an SMS), and the other exclusively handling emails and online chat.

This could vastly increase the team productivity - I find it extremely difficult to answer up to 4 chats while also handling phone calls and emails and SMS, and I know I'm not the only one who finds it overwhelming.

I also worry at the increased possibility that someone would either a) fail to document an account properly, or b)…

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. The workflow in SharePoint Online

In SharePoint Online,even if it takes 60 days since the workflow is completed,the history list will not be deleted, but there is no
    public information about it,I want some public information.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Sending Meeting Request on SharePoint Online

On Calendar of current SharePoint Online version, users are not able to send out meeting request and receive replies from participants.

As SharePoint Online supports Calendar project, please add the meeting request feature as same as Microsoft Outlook.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Show Workflow status

■Title(件名):
    ワークフローのステータス表示について

Show Workflow status
    ■Description(内容):
    アイテムの [プロパティの詳細] 画面でワークフローのステータス表示ができるようにしてほしい。

Show Workflow status in [Advanced Properties] of items.

Thank you for your consideration.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Speed up the processing time of the approval of the workflow in SharePoint.

I am concerned about that the processing time to complete the approval of the workflow is taking a while. In our operation, when the user frequently requires executing about 10 items, s/he is in trouble because the processing is slow. (even if the function performs 30 seconds per case)

Therefore I hope the feature will be improved to speed up the processing of the approval of the workflow.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add the task duration date in notification e-mails of approval workflow when “Duration Per Task” option is selected

■Title(件名):
    "タスクごとの期間" で設定した場合の、承認依頼メールの期限記載について

Add the task duration date in notification e-mails of approval workflow when “Duration Per Task” option is selected
    ■Description(内容):
    SharePoint Online の承認ワークフローの期限の設定方法として、"すべてのタスクの期限" と "タスクごとの期間" の 2種類があり、自社の運用上、 "タスクごとの期間" で設定しています。
    しかし、 "タスクごとの期間" で設定した場合、配信される承認依頼メールには "期限: 指定なし" と記載され、期間や日付は表示されません。
    ※ "すべてのタスクの期限" にて設定した場合は、承認依頼メールに "期限: YYYY/MM/DD" と期限が記載されます。

承認ワークフローの期限を "タスクごとの期間" で設定した場合でも、承認依頼メールに設定した期限が記載されるよう、機能の改善を要望します。

When setting a task duration in SharePoint Online Approval workflows, if you chose “Duration Per Task” option, the duration of the task won’t be displayed in the notification e-mail of the task assignment. If you chose “Due Date for All Tasks” option, the duration of the task will be shown…

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. See active or historical FLOWS and Approvals on List Item

Unless i have missed this, I do not see a way to identify what flows have run, what flows are running, or what approvals were made, or what approvals are currently in process for a given item in a SharePoint list. This is a huge need for audit trails to have a direct connection with a list item and its history of approvals. There should be an easy way to select an item in SharePoint and go directly to related approvals & flows. previously we have been able to click on the Workflow option in the item menu, but it…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Restrict users and approvers from editing Workflow attachments

■Title(件名):
    ワークフローの添付ファイルについて

Restrict users and approvers from editing Workflow attachments
    ■Description(内容):
    ワークフローにファイルを添付する場合、投稿者および承認者は添付されたファイルを編集することができてしまう。編集権限を外すと、ワークフロー自体を正常に動作させることができない。編集が行われた場合、その記録は残るが改ざんが疑われる場合もあるため、ワークフローに添付されたファイルの編集のみを禁じる機能を実装してほしい。

When attaching files to a Workflow, both the user who started the workflow and the approver can edit the files, and it might be a risk for alternation of the documents. However, if the edit permission is removed, the workflow wound not work normally.

Therefore, allow us to have an option that can restrict contributors and approvers from only editing attachments of workflows to prevent alternation of the files.

Thank you for your consideration.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. very nice

very nice

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)