SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

Sites and Collaboration

Welcome! This is your place to suggest ideas or vote for ideas for improving the SharePoint Sites and Collaboration experience.

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

How to submit a new idea

1. Check if it's already been suggested. If it has, vote for it.
  2. If it's new, submit it in 50 words or less.
  3. Gather support!
  4. If your idea receives over 100 votes in 90 days, we will respond.
    If not, we will close it.

Want to engage further? Please visit the SharePoint Community

Note: we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Ability to create multiple Page Libraries in a site

Currently, in a modern site, we can only have one Page Library which is the default Site Pages and cannot add more. However, there are situations where having multiple Page Libraries in a site would be beneficial. For example, when there are 2 or more groups of users who want to write and publish News within a site, and they don't want users from outside of their groups to edit those News pages. Creating multiple sites would be an overkill with more operational tasks think of and to take care of, and having folders within a Page Library doesn't quite…

39 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Modern Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. TOO MUCH WHITE SPACE

Stop with the extended leading on the modern UI pages. There is too much space. And I want to be able to add css so I can control how the page renders.

39 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Modern Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Completely remove page title from modern pages

I know new features have come in that allow for a smaller page header/banner, but many of our users do not want to see page title (with name and job title) of the author on pages.

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Modern Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Way too much white-space

All line items are double-spaced, taking up too much page real estate, especially if we change the Zoom In Level. Single-spaced line items would be just perfect. This needs to be functional, not "cute".

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Modern Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Audience targeting for modern page sections

I'd like to see audience targeting for entire sections, as in layout of the page, of a modern page. Targeting sections would allow users to build dynamic areas on pages so that different user groups could see relevant content. Targeting the section would hide or show all of the developed content for that section so that users could easily create large portions of dynamic content.

Scenario: You're building a corporate intranet for a global company. You want to provide pay and benefits information to users, but the policies are different from region to region. If you had audience targeted sections…

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Right side site page modern Pages

Extend the Site page width to the whole width of the page, that white empty space to the right is a nuisance when the rest feels so compacted

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Full Width Team Sites

I would like to see the Modern Team Site span across the entire width of the browser.

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Additional variable control for dark background section...

Request: additional variable for dark section background. Right now Theme Primary controls both button colors, link colors, and the dark section background.

From a design perspective this doesn't often make sense, to have a high contrast color that one might use for buttons (think bright red or bright purple) to be used as the dark section background where one often wants dark blue or slate gray.

The other issue is body text which should use the body text variable but instead it uses neutral primary.

Why is this bad? If a client wants body text (i.e. for text in news…

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Modern Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Published date not shown correctly

If we enable the feature "Show published date" on a news article the information is shown just beneath the author.

It is however NOT the (First-) Published Date shown. Instead the Changed Date is shown.

This has been verified by changing the "Changed" field value using script.

When editing the news article the label "Draft created on" is prefixed to the date which indicate that the date is in fact reflecting "Changed" date and NOT FirstPublishedDate.

Most authors would like to have the FirstPublishedDate shown - and perhaps also the Changed date as an option.

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. create template for Modern Pages

I would be nice if a user can create template pages for easy reuse. So like Save as Template Page would be understood by the most users. Maybe create your own templates (Word, SharePoint ) en share this

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add Page Image and Rollup Image to columns that can have default values set

Within: Pages > Document Library Setting > Column default value settings. Add the ability to set a default image for the Page Image and Rollup Image columns.
    We are trying to make it easy for users to quickly create a new page, but we require these fields to be populated so they get displayed correctly in Content by Search web parts. Everytime someone creates a new page they have to manually populate these image fields. It would be great if we could default them to some generic image and if they wanted to they could change them

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

thinking about it  ·  0 comments  ·  Modern Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. page recommendations

We would prefer that SharePoint page recommendations be turned off by default. This was not a well thought out idea and now we will need to instruct our site owners how to turn off this feature on 1000s of SharePoint site collections.

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Modern Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Modernize 404 Page not found

It would be nice if there was a way to change the old /Pages/PageNotFoundError.aspx 404 page to modern style page in SharePoint Online.

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Share List Data Between Site Collections.

Share List Data Between Site Collections. I would like to be able to have a site collection that contains many list for my company. I would then like to be able to call that list data into any of my Site Collections. So I only have to manage lists in one location for company data.

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Copy images from clipboard into modern pages

Simple copy/paste of image into text parts of modern pages. Or a new part that accommodates rich text with easy inline paste option

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Betting Linking Experience for Modern Pages

Hi Everyone,

As the new modern pages have been a great jump forward, when we think about everyday users creating links in their pages to content other than pages in their own site, the experience/functionality is lacking.

Users should be able to link to anything they have access to. Be it a document, a file or even another site. That process should be baked in to SharePoint the same may it is baked into other applications like flow.

If you have access to something in O365, you should be able to "pick/select" it from the link creation dialog, rather than…

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. display the members of a SharePoint group in the People web part

It would make sense if the user has the possibility in the People web part to display the members of a SharePoint group.

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Enable custom CSS

Allow users to specify custom CSS on their sharepoint pages.

I dont have much control over the look of my pages and its affecting the outcome of my documentation.

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. News carousel

Enable full-width column for the news carousel to create a better homepage design, including the option to set aspect ratio in the same way you can on images.

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Modern Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Put "Site Settings" back under the settings gear for Modern Pages, and Get Rid of "Site Information"

The removal of "Site Settings" from modern pages and the Addition of "Site Information" is a horrible idea. It is rare that I would want to edit the title, description, and site image. And having "Delete This Site" So close to the "Site Settings" link on the "Site Information" panel, is horrible. Way to easy to accidentally click on. This is an accident waiting to happen. Please put site settings back and if you are going to have "Site Information", put "Delete This Site" far away from anything else. Also, this would be a good place to put Information about…

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base