SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

Sites and Collaboration

Welcome to the Sites & Collaboration UserVoice forum. This is your place to suggest ideas for improving the SharePoint product.

Note: we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How it works

• Share your ideas! But first check to see if it’s already been suggested. Vote for your favorites!
  • If you have a new suggestion, submit it! 25 words or less, please!
  • Ideas will be reviewed monthly – so gather support! If an idea doesn’t have at least 100 votes after 90 days it will be closed.
  • If an idea has been considered for additional review, we’ll update its status.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve SharePoint!

Want to engage further? Please visit the SharePoint Community

I suggest you ....

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Stop opening links in new tab in modern pages

Please stop opening links in a new tab by default in modern pages.

It is against standard web behaviour (https://www.w3.org/TR/2012/NOTE-WCAG20-TECHS-20120103/G200), and is confusing to users when they end up with 10+ tabs open when navigating even the simplest site.

Make it optional by all means, it makes sense in a number of cases, just please not by default.

724 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

working on it  ·  78 comments  ·  Modern Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Title Banner on Modern Pages

Please provide the capability to change the header of the new modern pages (i.e. the large banner graphic on which the title is sitting. It currently means page content starts half-way down the screen which isn't the best use of space.

585 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

44 comments  ·  Modern Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Enable Audience targeting on modern page web parts

It would be great to be able to target content by Audience (using global audiences and SharePoint groups) on the modern web parts just like we were able on the classic pages. Thanks

472 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

61 comments  ·  Modern Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • News Comments

Need to have comments and likes for SharePoint News

47 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

working on it  ·  1 comment  ·  Modern Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Allow existing site pages to be added to the "News"

I see these pages have a "Promoted State" and "FirstPublishedDate" that are used to determine if a page should be shown as News, but these properties cannot be changed. I want to be able to take an existing site page, and publish it as News.

Alternatively, you could let me publish news to a library separate from the site pages so I'm not cluttering my wiki page library.

40 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

working on it  ·  1 comment  ·  Modern Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base