SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

Sites and Collaboration

Welcome! This is your place to suggest ideas or vote for ideas for improving the SharePoint Sites and Collaboration experience.

How to submit a new idea

1. Check if it's already been suggested. If it has, vote for it.
  2. If it's new, submit it in 50 words or less.
  3. Gather support!
  4. If your idea receives over 100 votes in 90 days, we will respond.
    If not, we will close it.

Want to engage further? Please visit the SharePoint Community

Note: we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Super user training

Is there a way to access a recorded Super User Training module? Let me know at: gwyland1@fairview.org

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Tools & Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. yammer

Give us a Yammer "Join" button that we can add to SharePoint site. We use SharePoint sites with Yammer integration (widget + embed code) for some intranet pages, particularly for community-oriented pages. They would like to use the Yammer group to control access beyond the homepage (which is open to all), and are asking for a "Join" button they can place on the homepage that adds the user's name to the Yammer group and therefore gives them access to further resources deeper in.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Customize background color

Provide the option to change the background color to something that is easier on the eyes.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Research tools in Recycle Bin

Research capabilities in Recycle Bin

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Spell check or edit capabilities

Please install a spell check feature, If this is not possible, allow users to edit data without adding a new line.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. I want to prevent downloads of videos uploaded to Microsoft Stream

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    Microsoft Stream にアップロードされた動画のダウンロードを禁止したい
    I want to prevent downloads of videos uploaded to Microsoft Stream

■Description(内容):
    現在 Microsoft Stream の標準機能では所有者と管理者以外はダウンロードが制限されていますが、外部のツールなどを使用すると権限を持たないユーザーでもダウンローが可能であることを確認しています。
    セキュリティ対策として、サードパーティ製のアプリやツールを使用したダウンロードを禁止するよう、Microsoft Streamの機能の改善を要望します。

The standard features of Microsoft Stream currently restrict downloads except for owners and administrators. But, Verifying that unauthorized users can use external tools to perform unauthorized downloads.
    As a security measure, we want to improve the functionality of Microsoft Stream to prevent downloads using third-party apps and tools.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. workbench

Can we please have a full page width workbench.aspx page. It is really difficult creating full width apps

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Tools & Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. About the SharePoint calendar app

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):About the SharePoint calendar app

SharePointカレンダーアプリについて

現状、Teamsのタブ機能でも利用できる SharePointカレンダーアプリは 月次表示のみ可能で週次表示に変更及び時間軸の表示をすることができません。
    つきましては今後、ユーザー任意で月次表示と週次表示を選択して変更でき、時間軸も表示できるよう機能の拡充を要望します。

Currently, the SharePoint calendar application that can be used with the tab function of Teams can only display monthly display, and cannot change to weekly display or display the time axis.
    Therefore, in the future, we request that the user expand and enhance the function so that the user can arbitrarily select the monthly display and weekly display, and can also display the time axis.

Thank you for your consideration.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. I want to check the error log in the audit log 監査ログにてエラーログを確認したい

Currently, even if you can not access the site when you access the site you do not have access to, you can check the log of the operation you accessed in [Activity] "User login" of the audit log, but you can actually access it. It is not possible to confirm whether it was possible.
    I would like to be able to check the log when access is not possible due to an error.

現在、アクセス権を持たないサイトにアクセスした際に、サイトにアクセスできなかった場合においても、監査ログの [アクティビティ] "ユーザーのログイン" にてアクセスした操作のログが確認できるが、実際にアクセスできたかどうか確認はできない。
    エラーでアクセスできなかった場合のログが確認できることを希望します。

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Integrate miro app (RealTimeBoard) in SharePoint Team Site

Would be fantastic if I could show my miro Board on my Team Site (just like I can do this in Teams Chat).

Is there anything like this in making?

Thanks!

Best,
    Ines

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Fix "Page Diagnostics for SharePoint" Browser Extension to Work in Edge Chromium

This Microsoft browser extension for Chrome throws Javascript errors in Edge Chromium (both the Official GA build Version 79.0.309.68 (Official build) (64-bit), and Version 81.0.389.2 (Official build) dev (64-bit)). The error prevents our SharePoint Online page from loading, and prevents the extension from providing ANY information - it just displays an error message.

The extension does offer a few suggestions when loading the page in Google Chrome, but it seems to be missing many Ajax calls to SharePoint from web parts (but that's a different issue).

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Export to excel needs an option to export to CSV (or just work properly in general)

Export to Excel tells me I need a Sharepoint Foundation-compatible application and then probably because I'm using Chrome just gives me a query.iqy page that doesn't work. I have Excel--why the hell doesn't this just let me download an xslx or csv file?

Your users don't give a fuck about Sharepoint Foundation. They want to see their goddamn data.

This is particularly frustrating to me right now because the reason I'm trying to export the data in the first place is because Sharepoint doesn't handle long lists worth a damn in the first place and your search functionality is shit.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Support more different kinds of video file extensions to play videos in SPO

I think it would be more efficient if video files uploaded in SPO sites support different kinds of extensions to be played. Currently videos in SPO utilize Silverlight technology, so the file format and codec should support Silverlight. This is because those videos may not be played in SPO even if videos themselves are downloadable on mobile devices such as iOS or Android and it really bothers us. Increasing the supported extensions in SPO makes it efficient for organizations to utilize videos without changing environment.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Tools & Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Preview Button

We should have a preview Button on Share point so that we don't have to save it every time in order to see how the page will look . It specially will help while adding Spacers.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Enable adding LinkedIn Learning content in Learning Pathways

It would be great to incorporate LinkedIn Learning content into the Microsoft 365 learning pathways site for those with licensing for LinkedIn Learning. Ideally, this would be as simple as adding Stream or YouTube content.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Documents Library Option to Mirror One Drive Folder

When using the "Document Library" extension, it would be great to be able to just point to a One Drive folder. As it is now, I save documents to One Drive, then recreate my One Drive folder structure and upload documents. It would save several steps if I could just point to the folder.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Success Factors

I would like a link to Success Factors

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. News extension

A news extension that would pull through local MSN News (https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news), similar to the MSN weather extension. Just add the location when setting up. Would be good to have 2/3 options on view, for example, a simple text-only version (top headlines) and a more visual one that would also pull through imagery/summery...etc.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I want to create "MS Access"-like reports for joined sharepoint online lists.

I miss "MS Access"-like reports for joined sharepoint online lists. Power BI is not adequate for reporting, just for synthetic information, but when conventional reports are needed with joined lists, there is nothing for online so we have to use MS Access again. How come there's no solution for such a basic need??

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Make events time more specific (by 15 min increments)

Timeslots for events are only in 30 min increments. Some meetings do not start on the hour or half past the hour - making the information inaccurate.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base