SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

Sites and Collaboration

Welcome! This is your place to suggest ideas or vote for ideas for improving the SharePoint Sites and Collaboration experience.

How to submit a new idea

1. Check if it's already been suggested. If it has, vote for it.
  2. If it's new, submit it in 50 words or less.
  3. Gather support!
  4. If your idea receives over 100 votes in 90 days, we will respond.
    If not, we will close it.

Want to engage further? Please visit the SharePoint Community

Note: we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

I suggest you ....

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Enable the ability to paste images directly into multi-line text boxs instead of just URLs

Currently you need to paste a URL in a MLTB but if someone is looking to clip and paste a image from their PC, this become a pain. Can we please just paste directly into the MLTB?

211 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

23 comments  ·  Lists  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add customization possibility to the new SharePoint Home page

Based on the new feature being now rolled out at large: https://blogs.office.com/2016/05/04/sharepoint-the-mobile-and-intelligent-intranet/

The new SharePoint Home page (landing page) is cool and we really appreciate the new look and feel.

The only issue is that we can not customize that Home page and place the different items based on our priority!
    Based on what we have now:

Links
    Followed Sites
    Recents
    Suggested

It would be very interesting if we could place the LINKS on the right followed by the Followed sites!

Then we would have the Recents and Suggested sites on the left menu.

Basically being able to move parts…

208 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Remove Get the mobile app and Feedback buttons

Please allow site administrators to remove or hide this button as we don't want our internal user to send feedback to microsoft instead of internal support team.

205 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Communication Sites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Requests for correction on behavior to open in edit mode of SharePoint Online and OneDrive for Business due to specification changes on MC 1

When opening Word, Excel, PowerShell files of SharePoint Online and OneDrive for Business in Office Online with MC 131670 published in Message Center, it opened directly in edit mode.
    As usual, please restore it so that it can be opened in viewing mode by default.
    Or, add setting items so that you can select edit mode or viewing mode as the default value.

204 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

36 comments  ·  Document Libraries  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add Table of Contents (TOC) for SharePoint Wiki pages.

Wikipedia had it implemented years ago. I suggest you to add a dynamically created Table of Contents (TOC) for SharePoint Wiki pages, according to the title-styles used in the documents.

202 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

thinking about it  ·  13 comments  ·  Site Scripts & Site Designs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. See all sharepoint sites

I would like a option to see all sharepoint sites that i have access to.

201 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

37 comments  ·  Sites Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the feedback. It would helpful to know the specific scenarios where users aren’t able to get to the content they need.

We’ve observed that with sites shared publicly, or sites attached to a public Office365 Group, it’s not very meaningful to see every SharePoint Site a user can access, because there could be a huge number, most of which the user isn’t interested in.

Is the focus here more like “show me all sites I’m a member of”?

There is one comment that says search isn’t working, please open a support ticket for that.

7. Add the ability to copy a modern site page from one site to another

You cannot copy a site page from on site to the site pages folder of another site. This is crazy. You can't restructure your pages into other sites. This prevents users from investing any effort in configuration that might change. It is extremely limiting.

200 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  Modern Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Page templates for Modern Pages and Libraries that allow removal of elements and reuse

Allow page authors to design page templates right in the Page Edit UI. Page edit would allow them to remove the Title Banner, Logo, left navigation, Edit link, New Link, Share Link, Search box and save the template for reuse.

Page Templates would support web parts and new developed custom JS controls for things like custom navigation controls.

197 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Modern Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are working on a solution to save a modern page as a page template. This list of available templates will be shown to users when they click New > Page or New > News. It will include some out of the box templates from Microsoft and any templates saved to the site.

This does not affect the Site header, navigation, search box, command bar, or other site elements.

9. Add News Article Metadata

Add News Article Metadata

When adding a news article (site page) on Communication Sites, through the new interface, it would be great to be able to populate additional metadata for the page.

This could be along the lines of tagging pages with keywords for searching through articles or adding custom metadata.

196 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

working on it  ·  9 comments  ·  Communication Sites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Allow a site owner to kick a user out of a file opened in Excel Online

If you have multiple people co-authoring in Excel Online, there are times when you need to open the file in Excel - typically for advanced formatting, etc. If someone has accidentally left the file open in their browser, there is no way to force them out and keeps the file locked. Although not always intentional, it can create a major headache by not being able to simply kick/close out that particular user from editing.

193 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Document Libraries  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Drag and Drop attachments from Outlook

Would love to be able to drag & drop email attachments directly from Outlook into a document library. Currently I have to drag them to my desktop and then drag from my desktop into the doc library.

188 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Document Libraries  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. drag and drop images in wiki pages and blogs

other CMS systems already allow this functionality. Instead of having to save an image somewhere and then upload it to SharePoint, let me just drag / drop images on the wiki and blog pages. Would be ideal for screenshots

188 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Modern Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Modern calendars

Modern pages, lists and libraries look great and all fit together nicely.

The other main thing we use here is the calendars which are still looking classic, which means inconsistencies in the quick links layout as well as other things which viewing a calendar.

I can't find anything about when Calendars are going to be modernized.

Hopefully soon!

184 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Features to Edit Modern Pages

There is too little control of a Modern Page. You can't control text size and coloring, you have limited format control, and most of all you can't *edit source*. I used this to drop in things like Image Maps or other HTML that there was no way to add in.

179 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Modern Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Ability to set 'Tile' or 'List' as a default view

Please allow libraries to be show in List view by default.

I don't mind tile view, but when I got to all the trouble of setting up columns and mandatory fields and it displays tiles by default for each new user, all the power of the document library metadata is hidden.

This happened for me when the library contained only PDFs

174 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Document Libraries  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Allow changing the width of columns when adding sections to a Modern Page

Looks like you can't change columns' width when creating a new section in a Modern Page. Being able to chage it would be very useful. My classic page, for example, has a section containing 3 columns, where the first and last ones have their width set to 25%, while the central one has width set to 50%. In Modern Pages, I can only have 3 columns with the same width, 33% in this case.

164 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Modern Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. office 365 group calendar web part view

I would like to see Office 365 Group pages be able to show the calendar web part in a calendar view. Currently it shows a view with only upcoming and past as text for however many you set it. I would like to be given the option to show it in the same manner that we can in SP with monthly views.

163 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Web Parts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. New Communication SIte - Add Categories to News Articles

Categorize and filter news articles on new publishing site
    Ability to select category (or multiple) for a news article when you create it. Plus the ability to filter the news widget by category.
    Exactly like you can for events. Plus the ability to select multiple categories if you choose.

161 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

working on it  ·  13 comments  ·  Communication Sites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Allow lookup columns brought up from different list into calculated columns

Dear Microsoft, this limitation causes a huge impact in our organization - we have been trying to migrate from MS Access into Share Point due to the collaboration it brings, but the limitation of not being able to use "lookup columns" from other lists into "calculated columns" is pretty bad. It affects negatively our ability to compare and do calculation with values from different fields. The whole purpose of MS Access is to run these queries, but since MS shifted to Share Point we thought that was possible as it not. Please do what it takes to make this happen! …

159 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Lists  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Too much white space

There is too much white space on the new modern pages. I would rather see less white space and be able to adjust the spacing myself.

151 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Modern Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base