SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

Sites and Collaboration

Welcome! This is your place to suggest ideas or vote for ideas for improving the SharePoint Sites and Collaboration experience.

How to submit a new idea

1. Check if it's already been suggested. If it has, vote for it.
  2. If it's new, submit it in 50 words or less.
  3. Gather support!
  4. If your idea receives over 100 votes in 90 days, we will respond.
    If not, we will close it.

Want to engage further? Please visit the SharePoint Community

Note: we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Improve search box

I think the Search textbox needs to be highlighted / stand out more. Our users are having a hard time finding the search box

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Modern Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Need cmdlet for adding hub site navigation link

It would be nice to have a powershell command to add links to hub site navigation.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Hub Sites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Modern Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Web part for displaying existing Delve reports and organization chart in a SharePoint Online page

There is in need for either a Web Part or a method to show the already existing Delve reports and Organization chart on a SharePoint Online page. This can eliminate the effort and the need for depending on other mechanisms/tools for showing these details on a normal SharePoint Web Part Page. The same goes for integrating other applications such as ServiceNow with SharePoint Online.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Web Parts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. When we are inside a folder, we should see the metadata of the folder in the right pane until we select the files/folders inside the folder.

Please show metadata of the folder in the detail pane when user is inside the folder. They should also modify the folder metadata when inside a folder. Bad user experience. Alfresco and other collaboration tools works that way.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Document Libraries  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Web Parts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Please make the lookup column in a custom list of a mobile SharePoint app can be able to edit.

*English follows Japanese

モバイルのSharePoint アプリでもカスタム リストの参照列を編集できるようにしてほしい。
    現在、モバイルのSharePoint アプリよりカスタム リストの参照列を編集しようとするが読み取り専用になり編集できないので改善してほしい。
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Please make the lookup column in a custom list of a mobile SharePoint app can be able to edit.
    I try to edit a lookup column in a custom list of a mobile SharePoint app, but it is read-only and cannot be edited.
    Please help to improve this feature and make it can be able to edit.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Document Libraries  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Allow structural navigation to work properly so I don't have to create an entire term store to do navigation

Allow structural navigation to work properly so I don't have to create an entire term store to do navigation

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Bring back mail enabled document libraries in SharePoint what a pain it was to setup a flow to do the same thing :-(

Bring back mail enabled document libraries in SharePoint what a pain it was to setup a flow to do the same thing :-(

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Better and more control over SharePoint Look and Feel

I think it would be good if we can do real customisation on color of header, menu, hover menu, quick launch, top navigation of SharePoint sites without having to deal with master page and css. Current Look and Feel feature is just too limited.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Show more then 3 items in Team Site calendar

I know some javacscript for onprem users takes care of this but we are in a tenant and can't adjust the limit.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Allow the ability for users to download files shared with an anonymous link

When you choose to get a link and share anonymously, with Office documents, when the user clicks the link all they can do is view it. I sometimes need to share files with external users where I don't want them to be able to edit it, but at least download it for their own reference. Adding this as an option would be really helpful. Currently, if I want users just to have view access to files and be able to download them, I have to use Dropbox.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Improve sync relationship between FIM and SharePoint

I experience this issue occasionally regarding security groups that are members a SharePoint permission groups:

The sync relationship between Forefront Identity Manager (and possibly other user management applications) and SharePoint stops working for a particular security group if the display name of the SG is changed, even if the alias of the SG remains the same.

The workaround is to remove and re-add the SG to the SharePoint permission group following any updates to the SG's display name.

This issue can cause significant headaches because the people who maintain an SG are often not the same people who maintain a…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Get rid of the link to pages when you open document libraries in the new experience.

When opening a document library in new experience, a link appears in the left hand navigation that directs you to the site pages folder, it is called 'pages'.

There is no way to delete this link and it makes the navigation look untidy.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Type as you find filter in modern list UI

We need a "type as you find" filter on the modern list UI. Preferably one that covers all columns and one that is per column The drop down filter per column is actually quite useless if there's more than 5-10 unique entries in the column.

Then it ought to be a "type as you find" form instead.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Lists  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Add annotations in OneDrive for team site docs

New annotations in OneDrive only works with docs in OneDrive. When accessing team site docs via OneDrive the annotations feature do not work. Please bring this feature to team site docs as well.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. ...fix some video portal issues...

1. You can set subtitle options using Chrome or IE, but you can't view subtitles in IE.

2. When you upload a video, it's default name is the filename, but this can be changed. If you want to overwrite this video with an updated one, you can do so ONLY IF you remember what filename it was uploaded as originally. How do I find that out? It's not shown anywhere.

3. I uploaded a new video. The option to change the thumbnail was not present. I went to a previous video where I did change the thumbnail, and saw the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Office 365>SharePoint store: Sorry, this app is not supported on your server.

Our Office 365 tenant appears to have fallen prey to a recurring bug (I see it repeated several times over previous years when I search) where many apps on the SharePoint store suddenly and without apparent reason become "not supported" when they've been installing fine previously.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base