SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

Sites and Collaboration

Welcome! This is your place to suggest ideas or vote for ideas for improving the SharePoint Sites and Collaboration experience.

How to submit a new idea

1. Check if it's already been suggested. If it has, vote for it.
  2. If it's new, submit it in 50 words or less.
  3. Gather support!
  4. If your idea receives over 100 votes in 90 days, we will respond.
    If not, we will close it.

Want to engage further? Please visit the SharePoint Community

Note: we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Freeze column(s)/pane

Add the ability to freeze columns in list views.
    E.g. first 3 columns are horizontally frozen, the remainder of columns can be horizontally scrolled.
    Basically the same as Excel's 'Freeze Panes'/'Freeze First Column'

170 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

12 comments  ·  Lists  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Integrate a full breadcrumb in the Suite bar to facilitate navigation in deep collections

In the top left (in the suite bar), integrate a breadcrumb (like in SharePoint 2010 with the hierarchical folder?) in order to facilitate the navigation in site collections.
    Users are sometime lost when they are browsing a document library and when the ribbon is displayed in the header, they have difficulties to find that they must click the "BROWSE" tab to go back to the navigation.

169 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add Article Tagging to the Modern News Feature

It would be great to tag News posts/articles by category (e.g., training, motivational, announcement, etc.). Users could then refine by category to see all articles under that tag.

168 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

thinking about it  ·  15 comments  ·  Metadata  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. modifying _layouts/sharepoint.aspx page

give options / settings to modify basic look and feel on https://annu28.sharepoint.com/_layouts/15/sharepoint.aspx. user should be able to choose which Team sites tiles should display on this page.

168 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Sites Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Organize sharepoint sites

I'd like to be able to organize the home page of sites i'm following to put the sites I use the most at the top, and group similar sites --for instance, I have several sites that are related to Human resources work, but I only use them occasionally and would like them to put them in a folder or notebook. Instead, they are all listed separately and I have to scroll through them to get to the ones I use more frequently. If there is already a way to do this, it is NOT apparent on the way my sharepoint…

164 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Sites Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Hub Site Content Rollup Filtering

Add filtering to News and Events rolled up to the Hub Site e.g. allow filtering by a metadata column to selected items are shown rather than all. This would allow news to show in a connected site but only appear on the Hub based on the filter criteria.

160 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Hub Sites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Quick Launch Links need to wrap text

Please change the design of the Quick Launch links in modern pages so that the text is wrapped. Currently the links are hidden behind the page at a certain length, and they do not wrap. It's a very ugly UX and many clients are complaining about it. Oddly, in other views the text is wrapped (for exmaple when you go to the Site Settings page, the link text in the quicklaunch is wrapped).
    Please change!!

160 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Modern Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Create a File Request

Need an option to send a file request to external partner. I'd like to build that into a Power Automate Flow.

Same type of functionality as in OneDrive.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/create-a-file-request-f54aa7f8-2589-4421-b351-d415fc3b83af

159 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

32 comments  ·  Document Libraries  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 158 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Lists  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Allow sites to be associated with multiple Hub Sites

As soon as I saw Hub Sites announced, I thought of the possibilities of creating customized portals for each of our internal groups. However, as I read the documentation, I saw the limitation that a site can only be associated with one Hub Site and that nixed the idea. Each group has its own info, but also there are sites where shared info resides. I saw Hub Sites as an opportunity to bring the shared information and the specific group info into a custom portal for each group. Please reconsider the limitation. If the goal of Hub Sites is to…

157 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Hub Sites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Additional Title region options to support bilingual page headings

To support the language of our indigenous Māori people we need bilingual page headings.

We currently put English and Te Reo Māori side by side:

Te arohanga Māori / Māori outcomes

A more readable alternative would be to have them one above the other:

Te arohanga Māori
    Māori outcomes

It’s important that both headings have equal visual emphasis.

155 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  Modern Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Discussion Board Webpart

I would love to see a webpart that would make it easy to add a discussion board. Yammer is an option but makes it hard to monitor and get notification if you need to watch for multiple discussions.

154 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Web Parts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Change SharePoint Site Sub Domain

requesting the ability to change
    https://domain1.sharepoint.com to
    https://domain2.sharepoint.com

business needs will inevitably result in an organisation changing it's name during its lifetime (mergers, acquisitions, re branding etc)

Migrating an entire organisation (likely to include Exchange, Skype, SharePoint and OneDrive data!!) to a new Tenancy is absolutely not a viable option.

153 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Sites Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Provide options to manage 'Shared with us' Document Library view and link

A new 'Shared with us' link has suddenly appeared in the Quick launch of all our SharePoint team sites when selecting 'Documents'. This is causing confusion among our users and many have asked how it can be hidden or how they can remove no longer relevant documents from the list.

Unfortunately, it is currently not possible to move it, hide it or make it a sub link of Documents (which would be logical) or to remove individual files from the list (unlike in the 'Shared with me' view in OneDrive).

Can you please make these improvement ASAP. It is not…

152 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Document Libraries  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Allow change of the external sharing invitation language settings

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    共有をする際に送付する招待メールの言語を任意で設定できるようにしてほしい。

Allow change of the external sharing invitation language settings

SharePoint Online / OneDrive for Business の共有を行う際に送付する招待メールの言語は、現時点では招待する側の言語設定に依存する動作となることを確認している。
    外国在住のユーザーに対して外部共有を行う際に招待メールの言語を任意で選択できるように機能拡充を要望します。

By default, external sharing invitation languages are set based on our side of language settings.
    For improvement of usability and manageability, allow changing sharing invitation language settings to any desired language.

Thank you for your consideration.

152 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Comment Alerts

SharePoint site news articles are great with the embedded comments section. I would ask and recommend that there be some sort of notifier/alert to the original comment poster when someone else responds to it. This would help keep conversations going forward. It's rather hard to find your original comments when there are many comment posts.

152 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Communication Sites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Ability for administrators to disable office online chat

We have shared class notebooks setup enabling classes of 30+ students free range to chat to each other. As you can imagine teachers are finding this hard to manage, especially when they're off task inside of a program where work is also taking place; making it incredibly easy for the sneaky students to hide their off topic discussions!

Furthermore the chat logs are not saved anywhere - this really does open up a host of child protection issues where cyber bullying could take place within the school without any logs of it ever happening.

150 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Allow Microsoft Flow to be attached to content types

Add the option in Microsoft Flow to be triggered when a new item of a certain content type is created or modified. This will allow the creation of 1 flow to run a multiple sites which contain a library/list on which the flow needs to run.

147 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Different view when inside a folder

When using the new library experience, my customers are facing this issue with views per folder.
    The setup is mostly like; Using a document library with several folders for security reasons. The 'All Items' view is used to display the folders at the library root level. When the customer opens a folder, an other view should be shown at that time.
    In the classic experience this configuration can be made by configuring an additional view which is shown in folders of content type 'Folder'.

Using the modern library, this doesn't work anymore unless switching to the classic experience.

144 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Document Libraries  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Add Discussion Boards web part to Modern page (Site page)

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    モダン ページ (サイト ページ) へのディスカッション掲示板の配置について

Add Discussion Boards web part to Modern page (Site page)

■Description(内容):
    モダン ページ (サイト ページ)に挿入可能な Web パーツとして、ディスカッション掲示板 アプリを追加してほしい。

I hope you to add the Discussion Boards apps as web part which can be inserted to the Modern pages (Site pages).

Thank you for your continued support.

143 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Web Parts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base