SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

Sites and Collaboration

Welcome! This is your place to suggest ideas or vote for ideas for improving the SharePoint Sites and Collaboration experience.

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

How to submit a new idea

1. Check if it's already been suggested. If it has, vote for it.
  2. If it's new, submit it in 50 words or less.
  3. Gather support!
  4. If your idea receives over 100 votes in 90 days, we will respond.
    If not, we will close it.

Want to engage further? Please visit the SharePoint Community

Note: we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow Microsoft Flow to be attached to content types

Add the option in Microsoft Flow to be triggered when a new item of a certain content type is created or modified. This will allow the creation of 1 flow to run a multiple sites which contain a library/list on which the flow needs to run.

149 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Better site usage analytics

There should be more robust analytics on site usage. What is available now is very limited. For example, I can see total page views in the past 7 days, and the trending section for most viewed pages over the past two weeks, but in the trending section it just shows the blue bar, I can't even hover to get a number of page visits. Overall, improvement is needed in the area of site usage metrics.

148 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add Discussion Boards web part to Modern page (Site page)

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    モダン ページ (サイト ページ) へのディスカッション掲示板の配置について

Add Discussion Boards web part to Modern page (Site page)

■Description(内容):
    モダン ページ (サイト ページ)に挿入可能な Web パーツとして、ディスカッション掲示板 アプリを追加してほしい。

I hope you to add the Discussion Boards apps as web part which can be inserted to the Modern pages (Site pages).

Thank you for your continued support.

147 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Web Parts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Show document library and list descriptions in Modern UI

When creating a list or document library one of the primary fields to enter is the description. In classic UI this used to be shown above the view when users navigated to the library. The only place I can see the description being displayed under Modern UI is in the library settings. The description is a critical piece of information in assisting users with knowing the purpose and intended usage of the library/list. Can we please have it back or some other way of providing similar custom usage or information to the user on the primary UI into a list…

145 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Document Libraries  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Support Field level Permissions

SharePoint should support Field-Level permissions. It is very common to need the ability to show/hide field values depending on current user permissions

144 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Lists  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add option to stop hub sites forcing themes on associated sites

As much as I like the concept of hub sites giving a common theme and navigation across associated sites, sometimes (quite often in fact) I'd like the associated sites to only inherit the navigation and not the theme itself.

I have a department that uses our company colours for each of their teams within it. I have SharePoint theme's of our company colours, but if I group them in a hub I lose those themes. Or I don't associate them lose the navigation across them.

All I'm really asking for is an option to not inherit the theme. Or I…

143 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Hubs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add "List" to Highlighted Content types

We want to be able to show lists available within a site using the Highlighted Content web part. At this time the "List" content type is not available for selection. Would it be possible to add "List" to the available content types?

143 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Web Parts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Configuring Search Results view in Modern pages

Search Results Page of Modern Pages doesn't allow an option to customize the results view, change default scopes or switch to classic search results format. The search is locked to current site and result view format which mayn't be always what users need.

While the Modern page UI is work in progress, at least, there should be an option to override the search results to default to OSSSearchResults or to an Classic Enterprise center if needed.

142 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Modern Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Row Height in Modern List

Modern list views do not render multi-line text fields correctly horizontally in that a lot of the text near the bottom of the field either can only be half seen or gets cut off completely. Please give users the ability to change the height of the rows just like we can with the width of the columns. What's the point of a multi-line text field if I can't read all of it?

140 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Lists  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Ability to use <frame>, <iframe>, <object>, <embed> on non .sharepoint.com websites to embed content from .sharepoint.com

Currently SharePoint returns https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTTP/Headers/X-Frame-Options header when trying to embed (with <frame>, <iframe>, <object>, <embed>) documents from external websites. The header is set to "sameorigin" that simply means only pages hosted on .sharepoint.com domain can do that.

So let's see below example:
    1. Company XYZ has an internal domain: xyz.com. Company is using SharePoint and stores documents e.g.: pdf's there.
    2. Company XYZ has an internal technical portal: portal.xzy.com and want's to s embed documents from SharePoint.
    3. Because of X-Frame-Options returned along for any pdf/doc/xls etc document #2 is impossible as web browsers will not allow to do this kind…

139 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Document Libraries  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Change default setting for access requests from "Edit" to "Read"

Since there is no existing way to control the default settings for user access requests, and since the default is currently set to 'Edit,' this creates a situation in which a user who may have never accessed Sharepoint before and simply wants to read a news article must instead be granted editing rights--creating a scenario in which many inexperienced users who are only looking to read or download content have to be given the power to create serious, unintentional damage to a page by being granted editing rights. A much more prudent approach would be to set the default permission…

139 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Sites Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Footer of the Hub site to propagate to all associated sites like the Hub menu

The footer of a Hub Site should be propagated along with the Hub menu and the look and feel to all the associated sites.

136 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Hubs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Save the data: SharePoint Online forms(dialog) customized with PowerApps

Japanese follows English.

Improvement on Sharepoint Online with PowerApps will contribute to many users as follows:

We have customized a Custom list item view / edit screen of SPO(SharePointOnline) with PowerApps.

(Normal behavior)
    Clicking item of "title hyperlink" from default list view, a customized dialog window comes up front.
    I change it to "edit mode" and can edit the item in the dialog window.

(To be improved)
    However, when I click on the parent (list view) window behind the dialog, the dialog closes unexpectedly and the data I have edited disappear sadly without saved.
    (I need to re-open the dialog…

135 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. The document library WebPart should interpret .url files as links rather than downloads

If someone creates a link file (.url) in modern document libraries and clicks on them, he is rerouted to the target url.
    If you embed a document library Web Part in a modern SharePoint page that points to the same document library and you click the .url file, a download will be triggered.
    However, the creators expect the URL files to behave in the same way as they do in the document library, so the user is redirected to the landing page.

134 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Modern Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Allow metadata to be added when uploading from Document Library Web Part on Modern Site

When you place a document library web part on a modern page, and upload a document, the document is uploaded to the library and if you have metadata, there is no chance to add metadata. If you select the file that has just been uploaded, you can Share, Delete, Download or Rename. You must go directly in to the library to add the metadata. The user experience is lacking.

134 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Web Parts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Instagram Embed Feed

It would be great if we could upload a live instagram feed instead of just a post. Just like the twitter one would be amazing.

135 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Modern Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Flow Stop sharing a SharePoint folder

I would like the ability to use Microsoft flow to manage SharePoint folders permissions (Permission list: Full Control | Edit | View) for the following entities users, security groups and Office 365 groups (Operations: Add | Remove | Modify)

As of today 20191113, the tech article (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/sharepointonline/#stop-sharing-an-item-or-a-folder) says it provide this functionality, yet by testing and through MS support it does not work. This is folder operation in specific and not an item or file

132 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Wiki link functionality in modern pages

When editing text blocks in a modern web pages, I'd like to use the wiki link code [[New Page Here]] and have the same functionality, meaning that when saved I can click the "New Page Here" link and have a new page be created automatically with the original link going to the new page.

132 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

in the plans  ·  9 comments  ·  Modern Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Branding sharing email invitation

It would be great to do some branding on the sharing invitation e-mail message. For example replacing the Office 365 logo with your company logo and changing the color scheme.

132 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Calendar Events and Meetings categories and colors

It would be great to have the ability to select categories an colors where creating events and meetings, visible as well in the calendar view (calendar.aspx) and in Outlook (2016 or 365).

132 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base