SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

Sites and Collaboration

Welcome! This is your place to suggest ideas or vote for ideas for improving the SharePoint Sites and Collaboration experience.

How to submit a new idea

1. Check if it's already been suggested. If it has, vote for it.
  2. If it's new, submit it in 50 words or less.
  3. Gather support!
  4. If your idea receives over 100 votes in 90 days, we will respond.
    If not, we will close it.

Want to engage further? Please visit the SharePoint Community

Note: we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• or
  1. Reinstate Deleted Content types to the Content Type Hub

I have been caught out working with content type hubs for the first time and after researching, it seems I'm not the only one. I have deleted content types from the content type hub without "Unpublishing" them. I now have a bunch of content types that are orphaned in my subscriber sites and I don't know how to use PowerShell to fix the issue.

Can you please provide a button against custom content types at the subscriber site level that will basically re-establish the deleted content type back in the hub. This will allow the newer users to fix the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Publishing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Enable Allow Content Types on List Created by SiteScript with Content Types

After Create a Sites Columns and Site Content Types and add content type to a list with SiteScript, the content Type doesn't appear associate on list setting... because the property "Allow Content Types" is Off, after activate it appears ....

This is a Bug?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Site Scripts & Site Designs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Better Content Type Hub Management

For large enterprise's where the number of content types around 100+ it becomes quite cumbersome to manage, especially when using the content type hub.

There is no way of viewing which columns are in use by which content type.

Summary screens about publishing status of content types or last published date.

Information about whether a content type has been changed since it was last published

Bulk operations such as add/remove column to multiple content types quickly.

Promotion of a site collection based content type to the hub.

Bulk operation to apply a content type to all libraries or libraries with…

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Better Content Type Hub Management

For large enterprise's where the number of content types around 100+ it becomes quite cumbersome to manage, especially when using the content type hub.

There is no way of viewing which columns are in use by which content type.

Summary screens about publishing status of content types or last published date.

Information about whether a content type has been changed since it was last published

Bulk operations such as add/remove column to multiple content types quickly.

Promotion of a site collection based content type to the hub.

Bulk operation to apply a content type to all libraries or libraries with…

100 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Metadata  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Overview of applied content types

Content types are an essential part of SharePoint. One issue that has been around since SharePoint 2007 is the absence of an overview of all applied content types. Why is this important? Try to delete a content type and you get the message it's still in use. Good luck finding out where. This is very frustrating and time consuming. That's why I vote for an overview where you can see where the content types are applied.

323 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Sites Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

A consolidated admin view of where published content types are being used is still being evaluated, but for folks voting for the related use case of “better creation and management of content types” please refer to site designs (aka.ms/spsitedesigns) as a modern mechanism to create/apply content types to site libraries. We are also looking at how this could be more easily supported from hub sites.

6. Hide Content Type selection in Modern UI if there is only 1 Content Type

In Modern mode, if there is only 1 Content Type in a List (or Library), the Content Type selection should not be displayed. This works correctly in Classic Mode.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Change Content Type

Add the ability to update the document content type in the Edit All section of the information panel.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Lists  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add "List" to Highlighted Content types

We want to be able to show lists available within a site using the Highlighted Content web part. At this time the "List" content type is not available for selection. Would it be possible to add "List" to the available content types?

108 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Web Parts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Group by Content Type

Allow grouping by Content Type within lists and libraries, just like we could in SharePoint 2007!

219 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Document Libraries  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Content Types from Content Type HUB should be availabe right away when new site is created, for usage with Site Designs

Scenario:
    A Site Design that is applied when a new site is created, should add an existing Content Type from the Content Type HUB (e.g to the Default Document library).

Why?
    - site design is applied when new site is created, so that every site on the tenant has the same content type added
    - when needed, this content type can be modified in one central place (Content Type HUB), instead of doing it manually on every Site.

Problem:
    The Site Design fails when creating a new site, because the contents from the Content Type HUB are not…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Site Scripts & Site Designs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Allow Content Types to contain Multiple Templates

When using the Modern interface, the New Button contains a way to create several types of Office documents (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) and assign them to the default content type (I.e. Document).

When you add a custom Content Type to the library these options disappear and are replaced by the option to add only the Content Types (and Link/Folder).

It would be helpful if Content Types (minimally) had the ability to select if you wanted these options to appear when adding a custom content type (possibly when you didn't supply a template).

Ideally, it would be nice if you could…

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Document Libraries  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Solve the default content type bug in Document sets

Currently files get the first document content type from the library when uploading the file in a document set. Even when the content type is not allowed in the document set this content type is selected.

Please make sure the first available content type from the document set is selected when uploading a file in a document set.

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Document Libraries  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Include custom content types in highlighted content widget

Hi Team, I really like the modern UI and experience, very nice work. What would be really cool is if the highlighted content widget could filter based on custom content types replicated from the Content Type Hub.

The particular issue I want to solve has to do with risk management. Many different teams maintain risk logs based on our custom Risk Item content type. For visibility, we want the risk management page to bring back a consolidated list of all risks that the page viewing user is authorised to access. Think of it as a "Risks at a glance..." page.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Modern Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Content type and site column permissions

Allow admin to assign permissions to site column or content type.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Sites Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Re-establish Content Type for list items PLEASE

What's happening? The Content Type drop-down menu suddenly disappeared from the NEW Item list dialog box! If we EDIT an item in Dialog box mode, the content type drop-down is available. My new client is VERY unhappy about being inable to select a content type (one of 11) to enter new data.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Lists  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. set view In folders of content type

Display a list using the new experience, set view In folders of content type, it doesn't work. But it work normally in the classic experience. I think set view In folders of content type should also support the new experience.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add Modern list for external content types - BCS

When we create a new list based upon an external content type (through BCS), only the classic environment is avaialable.

Please add modern support for external content type lists.

Thank you for your support.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Enable to customize filetype icon for Content Type.

Currently I have many content types, but all of them use some default icons. It is not possible to change the icons. We should be able to define different icons for dirrerent Content Types.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Document Libraries  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Content type search refiners

Can you add some additional filters in search results (Communication Sites, Hub Sites) for content types (e.g. video, PDF, PPTX etc)? Whilst search is definitely improved, the lack of filtering options means results cannot be refined and on a site with a lot of content this means the search experience is still poor.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Communication Sites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Improve Highlighted content web part to support custom content types and their custom columns

I'd like to show users documents from an another site (different o365 group site). I came across the Highlighted content web part which is a very flexible and potentially useful function. However I can not filter my documents with it as it
    1 does not show custom content type at the type or document type filters (even though my content type is directly inheriting Document), and does not lists my documents either (basically being Documents because of the inheritance)
    2 can not select custom columns of my content type at the managed property filter.

190 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Modern Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 51 52
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base