SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

Sites and Collaboration

Welcome! This is your place to suggest ideas or vote for ideas for improving the SharePoint Sites and Collaboration experience.

How to submit a new idea

1. Check if it's already been suggested. If it has, vote for it.
  2. If it's new, submit it in 50 words or less.
  3. Gather support!
  4. If your idea receives over 100 votes in 90 days, we will respond.
    If not, we will close it.

Want to engage further? Please visit the SharePoint Community

Note: we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• or
  1. Enable all new released columns as site columns - site content types

Recently great new columns have been added i.e. locations and other new stuff is now available, but...

I cannot create a location column as a Site column, nor can I add this site column to a content type.

Please make sure that all new options/columns can be used in site columns and content types!
    It is also not possible to set format on a site column.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Lists  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Site Columns - Display Where Used

Add another column in the Site Columns view that provides a list of objects (content types, lists, libraries etc) where the Site Column is being used.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Document Libraries  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow the Web Site column of a contact list to be used in a Lookup or Site Column

Currently, when working with a Lookup column or Site Column sourced from a Contact List, the Web SIte column is not included in the list of available columns that can be used or included in the list of additional fields.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Content type and site column permissions

Allow admin to assign permissions to site column or content type.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Sites Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Cross site column lookup on lists

Why we cannot add lookup columns between sub-sites? That would be great! Also, cross site workflows without 3rd party plugins. Thanks!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Column Control In Communication Site

Since the SharePoint Server Publishing Infrastructure feature is not available in the communication site. Sharepoint team could add a way of defining columns of different size in each section. For example, bootstrap has 12 columns in a row, if users can define 4, 8, 4 column in a row. The functionality would help.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Communication Sites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Allow Custom Site Columns to be referenced from Hub sites

From what I've been able to find, it would appear that, currently, custom site columns created on the main/root site, can only be referenced from sub sites.

The Hub site feature is very appealing for a big company intranet-type SharePoint set up, but I need to be able to lookup against columns on the main site, which I can only seem to do in sub-sites.

Example:
    I want to create a holiday request list/app within a HR department site, but I need it to lookup the Holiday Allowance listed in the Employee List, which…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Enable custom columns for Site Page Content Type in Site Pages

https://sharepoint.uservoice.com/forums/329214-sites-and-collaboration/suggestions/31437259-enable-custom-columns-for-modern-pages
    Following on from the above idea...was this tested on the root site or subsites of the root site? While I can now add custom columns to the Site Pages content type in other site collections and their subsites this functionality isn't available on the root site. Am I missing something? The comments have been closed on the previous idea so am posting as a new idea.

When I create a test category column in the root site and select 'add to all content types' it only applies it to…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Metadata  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add Site Columns to Modern Lists

Please make it possible or easier to spot how to add existing site columns to modern lists

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. About the Site Collection function column in the "Site Settings" area for SharePoint Online

I would like to be able to hide the option "Translatable columns" in the Site Collection Admin item of the Site Settings page.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Referential integrity between a Site Column, the source List, and all implementations

Currently there is no referential integrity between a defined Site Column and the source list that it is based on. When a list is deleted there is no warning about the impact to related Site Columns that have been defined nor the implementations of those site columns in other lists. When a list that is the source of a site column is deleted, the site column definition and all of its implementations lose their reference to the source. When trying to edit a site column for a deleted list, SharePoint gives the following error message: "List does not exist. The…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Reflect the changes on column information of site content types

Column which enabled site content types such as the Hidden file won’t reflect the changes on the column even if the column has been modified. To reflect the column changes, we need to recreate list etc. I would like you to make the column changes to be reflected completely.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. SP columns not saving if library is sync with OneDrive accross users and/or a site column

Metadata columns refuses to save on certain documents in the library is sync'ed across user and/or the columns are site columns attache to a content type loaded into the library. Please fix, this is absolutely not accessible in the heavy collaboration scenario we're involved with.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Document Libraries  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Full-Width Column Webpart available to Team Site Template

In the Modern Experience, allow the option to add "Full-Width Column" webpart. Currently, this is exclusively available for Communication Site template. Would be great to have this available for Team Site template. It does not look aesthetically appealing have this area of white space on the right hand on a site page.

750 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

141 comments  ·  Modern Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Events: Allow new site columns in Events content type used in Events Web part

The Event web part is limited. I like to use all and new columns in the site content type called events.
    If I now add site columns to the content type that is used in the Events web part THEY don't show

Please fix!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Web Parts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Add a column showing Group Owners in the SharePoint Admin Center Site list

It would be really helpful when doing site audits of Active sites in the SharePoint Administration Center to have a column that shows who the Group Owners are.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Increase width of Name column in the Site Contents list

Site contents list - it must be possible to make the Name column wider! We have lots of document Archives under the owner site and finding the Archive you are looking for when you can just see a little bit of the name is unnecessary difficult.
    Same problem if I chose to display Site Contents in the quick menu.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Document Libraries  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Allow "Yes/No" columns to be used for filtering Site Pages in the Highlighted Content webpart

At the moment, if you add a "Yes/No" column to the Site Pages library, it will not show in the list of available columns to filter by in the Highlighted Content webpart. According to MS, this is "by design", but it seems strange as I can see many cases where adding a column like "Feature on homepage" might be needed.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Modern Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Add Page Views as Column Option in Site Pages

It's great to have total Views listed on each News post and Site Page within Modern Pages. Number of Views also shows up within the News web part for every post. However, Views is not an "Add Column" or from "Edit Current View." However, I can add other similar fields such as "Like Count" and "Comment Count." It's helpful to be able to export this information from my site pages automatically related to the News post. Right now I have to manually add the Total Views to the comment and like counts. Since we don't have much with site usage…

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Modern Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Change the color of the “Description” additional column in SharePoint site lists

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    SharePoint サイトのリスト設定にて、列の追加をした際の "説明" の文字色を変更する
    Change the color of the “Description” additional column in SharePoint site lists

■Description(内容):
    SharePoint サイトのリスト設定にて、列の追加をした際の "説明" の文字色を変更する機能の実装を要望します。

I would like the ability to change the color of the text for the “Description” additional column in SharePoint site lists’ settings.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 156 157
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base