SharePoint Dev Platform

I suggest you ....

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow SharePoint Sites created via O365 Groups to be managed in SharePoint Admin Center

Each Office365 Group creates a new SharePoint Site, this is not currently shown in the Sharepoint Admin Center so it is not possible to manage specific sharing rules, storage and compute quotas and other advanced settings. Such sites should appear in the Site Collection lists to be manageable.

32 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      4 comments  ·  SharePoint Framework  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Add support for Single Page Applications to the SharePoint Framework

Angular2 provides an excellent user experience, especially when tied to Bootstrap (v3 or v4) suitable for creating immersive experiences where the whole of the SharePoint chrome is replaced (other than the top bar).

However integrating it with the SharePoint REST API framework is cumbersome and unless extensive work is undertaken to mock SharePoint the unit testing and rapid deployment is very unpleasant if possible at all.

The SharePoint framework provides a rapid deployment and unit testable mechanism for developing SharePoint functionality but is limited to single web parts.

Please extend the model so that it can be used to create…

27 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        0 comments  ·  SharePoint Framework  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Allow for admins to specify CDN location when installing SPFx App package

I'd like to have the option for an admin to 1) load upp the script and other resources in a customer owned or managed CDN location and 2) allow the admin to specify that location when adding the .sppkg file into the app catalog.
        This would allow for more flexible usage of SPFx applications and also allow enterprises to have better governance of the script resources - which would increase the adoption of SPFx and also allow ISV's to create more solutions.

8 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          in the plans  ·  2 comments  ·  SharePoint Framework  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Open sourcing the SharePoint Framework on GitHub

Consider the success around the Office365 PnP project and the Office UI Fabric, it would be great to have this framework open sourced as well.

7 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

Both PnP and Office UI Fabric absolutely show that the model works great and we are looking into doing this gradually after the SP Framework is released. There will be elements which are open source and some elements which will be source open. More on the exact plan will be communicated when we get closer to GA with client side web parts.

• Access to re-use modern field render controls

Modern lists/libraries have controls to render all fields in a modern view - specifically the hard ones like people picker and taxonomy picker.

Exposing these as re-usable modules in a SPFx web part via for example react would be very useful. I'd be happy just having the field renderer, and I can deal with labels etc myself.

3 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
            • provide some guidance on how to use the office-ui-fabric-react components in a way that is consistent with the way sharepoint uses them.

Hi,
              I think what we really need is some goidance on how to use the office-ui-fabric-react components in a way that is consistent with the way sharepoint uses them.

How do we add a time control to the date-picker?
              How do we make a panel open when user selects an item in a Details list.
              How do we add the ellipses to a DetailsList and make it open a context menu
              How do we make a DetailsList display like the QuickEdit view(if thats what quickedit uses).
              How do we populate a PeoplePicker from sharepoint.

I think a document (or a…

2 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                thinking about it  ·  3 comments  ·  SharePoint Framework  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base