SharePoint Dev Platform

I suggest you ....

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Provide the ability to write to Managed Metadata via app-only policy

App-only policy in the SharePoint App Model is very restricted regarding Taxonomy operations. Even if an app is granted full control over the tenant, it lacks the permission to do anything but read operations on Taxonomy. Please provide the ability to create Groups, Term Sets and terms using app-only policy.

163 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      1 comment  ·  SharePoint Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Normal programmatic way to install third party SharePoint Apps to the SharePoint sites

Currently if you implement site provisioning solution and you need to install some third party known app, you should activate side loading feature that is not recommended for production(by security reasons) and use method load and install.
      this way has several disadvantages:
      1) Customers will afraid such solution because of recommendations outlined above.
      2) Upgrade process. it will "painfully" to upgrade each package on each site
      3) You need an app package file to get file stream for LoadAndInstall method

45 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        0 comments  ·  SharePoint Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Allow installaton of multiple instances of an app for SharePoint to the same site

Possibly by allowing the user to enter an app name upon granting permissions.

This will allow users to grant read/write permissions against two or more lists on a site.

This means, when designing apps they would be able to function more like OOB lists or libraries; with either extended functionality or be deployed in conjunction with a Client App Part to provide client functionality.

An Example of this might be a "Rotating Image Gallery" app. Allowing multiple of these to be deployed to the same web is ideal, with independent permissions and content.

44 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
        • Please create a MY App Launcher Chrome Control

As a Sharepoint Developer I have used a lot the chrome control in Sharepoint Apps, however with the new App Launcher and My Apps Page, I would suggest that Microsoft creates an "app launcher chrome control", a piece of code we can "copy/paste" in our webforms/mvc/js apps that will show automatically the Apps Launcher.

I believe this will be a great way to navigate between LOB Apps that we create in the Offce 365 Platform.

Thank you

41 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            1 comment  ·  SharePoint Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Allow access to SP.UserProfiles.PeopleManager/GetPropertiesFor when using OAuth authorization

This applies to SharePoint Online in Office 365. We'd like to move over to using OAuth in our app that integrates with Office 365, but there is one blocker we cannot get around. We need to fetch users' PersonalUrl, which works fine when using regular credentials/a fedAuth cookie. Calling the https://siteurl/_api/sp.userprofiles.peoplemanager/getpropertiesfor(@v)?@v='i:0#.f|membership|user@site.com'&$select=PersonalUrl,DisplayName endpoint when using a valid OAuth bearer token results in a 401 Unauthorized error. Since we're only testing OAuth at the moment I went ahead and enabled all permissions for my app in the Azure management portal, so that's not the issue.

38 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
            • Ability to upgrade all Apps in environment on update in App Catalog via Store or Side load

Currently when you deploy an App, any instances of the App will not upgrade until manually done via User Interface. It would be great to be able to Upgrade the App in the App Catalog from the Store or via Side Loading and it upgrade all instances at once.

34 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
              • Streamlined installation and configuration experience for Apps On-Premises

It is extremely difficult to install Apps to run on-premises right now. It is also very hard to troubleshoot the installation if it goes wrong. This is a weakness that the average IT Pro is having problems with from my experience. On-Premises is not going away anytime fast. The steps to deploy Provider Hosted Apps is very complicated and requires a unique App Package per Tenant due to how it has been architected. Auto-Hosted is not supported either which has caused design decisions up front in many cases to support both Online and On-Premises.

29 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                • increase Sharepoint Add-in update operation timeout

I've a simple Sharepoint Add-In on O365 Store and some users notice app update failure with following message: "The operation took too long". It's random issue on some O365 tenants that causes very serious issue: when update fails, app cannot be used anymore and both app provider and app user cannot do antything to solve it! After submitting ticket request for Microsoft support team to solve particular issue, they say that it's not Microsoft problem.... This issue makes Sharepoint Add-Ins "children's toy", instead of stable and reliable solution.

4 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                  • Deploy Radzen

Is it posible to deploy to Sharepoint a http://www.radzen.com/ app likewise lightswitch used to? Radzen is a rapid application development solution for Angular 2.

3 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                    • A30357714

A30357714

1 vote
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                      • Include descriptive text to Discussion Lists so that they replicate on each thread (similar to adding content editor to document library)

Include descriptive text to Discussion Lists so that they replicate on each thread (similar to adding content editor to document library)

1 vote
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                        • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base