SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

SharePoint Dev Platform

Welcome! This is your place to suggest ideas or vote for ideas for improving the SharePoint Dev Platform.

How to submit a new idea

1. Check if it's already been suggested. If it has, vote for it.
  2. If it's new, submit it in 50 words or less.
  3. Gather support!
  4. If your idea receives over 100 votes in 90 days, we will respond.
    If not, we will close it.

Want to engage further? Please visit the SharePoint Community

Note: we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow to hide field in OOTB Display form

The configuration of the editform and dispform forms are shared. You cannot hide a field in the dispform only.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. make Sharepoint OLEDB connection string compatible with the standard, allow easy import / export from and to SQL Server

It is very hard to import from / export to Sharepoint lists into / from MS SQL Server on a computer without admin rights. Both are Microsoft products. I am an BI expert based on Microsoft technologies since 1999 and MS products are the most terrible data sources and targets: Excel and Sharepoint.

It is very hard or not possible to automate ETL between Sharepoint and SQL Server on a system without admin rights and without "Flow" premium features.

• SSIS OLEDB provider doesn't work in SSIS, because the Sharepoint connection string doesn't comply with the standard and SSIS will support…
    3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Let users create Lists in Teams even DisablePersonalListCreation is set to true

By following the guide to "Disable creation of personal lists" (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint/control-lists) and set "Set-SPOTenant -DisablePersonalListCreation $true" users can't create Lists within Teams anymore.
    The "Create" button is inactive. There's no valid reason why DisablePersonalListCreation has an impact on creating Lists within a Teams Channel where the list is saved in the SharePoint site of the M365 group which is assigned to the Teams.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Please Fix - Adding calculated lookup column breaks Lists when creating new List from existing List.

I created a List in Teams and opened in SharePoint Online to customize it.
    I can create a 'calculated column' and set information type as 'Lookup' and point to data within the list I'm creating.

This works as expected however, if I want to reuse this List (Create new list from existing list) the creation breaks. I get an error "Parameter targetListName references a resource that could not be found".

If I take out the calculated list 'Lookup' column, I can reuse the List.

Please Fix.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. As user hovers over a Column; display it's description as a hint/popup text. This will help the user understand what the column is meant for

As user hovers over a Column display it's description as a hint/popup text. This will help the user understand what the column is meant for

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Extend SPListItem[string fieldInternalName] to use Internal as well as Display Name

Users have the ability to change the display name, which could then have the unintended consequence that they break code in a web part or elsewhere because the code is looking for the field based on its display name that has now changed.

Users can;t change the internal name though. So it would make sense and be a more safe way to program web parts etc if we had a simple way to get the field value based on the internal name of the field.

Eg a developer creates a field named FinYear, then after it is created they change…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Add option to set default layout on Library webpart

There is no way to set the default layout of the Library webpart to compact list or tiles unless you create a view first and use that. It would be handy to have the option in the default webpart settings to choose either List, Compact List or Tiles layout by default.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Embed Sharepoint Modern Page into Power BI Dashboard

Hi, I want to show the content of a Sharepoint Modern Page on a Power BI Dashboard using iframe. That is currently not possible to my knowledge. Is there any idea how to embed sharepoint modern pages into iframes? 1000 thanks!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Integrating Azure AD user profiles to SharePoint Online through People Search Results page

There is a need for a mechanism to integrate Azure AD user profiles directly to SharePoint pages. Currently, the sync happens through Exchange Online. It takes around 72 hours for the changes to reflect in SharePoint. If there is a method to display the user profile details directly in SharePoint through the People Search Results page, it can eliminate the delay in displaying the changes through the sync process. This can be helpful while designing Employee Directory or Staff Directory for the organization.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. We hope to use local IP addresses when controlling access to SharePoint Online

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    SharePoint Online のアクセスの制御にて、ローカル IP アドレスも利用出来るようにしたい
    We hope to use local IP addresses when controlling access to SharePoint Online

■Description(内容):
    SharePoint Online のアクセス制御にて、グローバル IP アドレスだけではなく、ローカル IP アドレスを利用してアクセス制御が出来る機能の実装を要望します。​
    We hope for a feature that allows users to use local IP addresses in addition to global IP addresses when controlling access to SharePoint Online.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Microsoft learning pathways - hide asset from all playlists

I'd like to be able to hide a particular asset from all playlists. For example, in our orgainsation we have restricted the creation of new Teams so we'd like to hide the asset "Get your team up and running" from all the playlists that it appears in.

Currently, we have to search through all playlists and if that asset exists in one, we have to copy the playlist, remove it from the new playlist, the hide the original playlist.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Cache problem code changes don't get reflected but only after multiple Cntrl+F5 and Data Sources Refreshings.

Cache problem code changes don't get reflected but only after multiple Cntrl+F5 and Data Sources Refreshings.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Please provide templates with the same features as in SPD in Power Automate

If you are forcing users to convert to PA, then there must be equivalent capabilities as in SPD. Please provide equivalent templates of "Approval", "Collect Feedback", and "Collect Signatures". Allow for workflow history logging. Provide capability for sequential appprovers. It is impossible for me to convert all my workflows to Power Automate when all of the capabilities/actions in SPD 2010 workflows are not available in PA.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. DITA authoring using SharePoint and Word Master/Sub Documents

DITA authoring is used primarily for documentation, when multiple authors are working on different components, often with an approval workflow. It is very useful for producing agendas and minutes for government or board meetings, technical documentation of various sorts.
    DITA environments have two key parts: a library of document "components", and a container for a "map" that collects and orders those components into a publishable document. The final product is output to various formats, typically PDF, e-Book or html.
    There are already DITA authoring tools that use MS Word as the base authoring platform (Quark, DITA Exchange), because most authors…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. When we have more than 5000 items in a SharePoint Online list which we need to display in a custom form, we can only display 5000 items def

When we have more than 5000 items in a SharePoint Online list which we need to display in a custom form, we can only display 5000 items in the form, and to display more than 5000 items we need to write a recursive ajax function using REST API.
    So that it will concatenate the items in each recursion and then can be able to display more than 5000+ items, but each iteration/recursion pulls only 99 items out of 5000+ items at a time.

I have to recursively/iterate the piece of code 50 times to pull 5000 [i.e. 5000/99] items to…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. docker

Since the SPFx version is evolving in fast pace, won't it be good idea to release a official docker image for each version ?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. download option for shared videos should be removed in onedrive

If i upload a video and share it among others, they see download arrow at left top corner. This option should not be active default. Admin should have right to disable downloads.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Version Metadata Not Working in Labels

Hi All,

I have a customer who is about to walk away from SharePoint online as we can’t get the metadata of the version of the document into the footer. They’re going to go to livelink or docuware.

What’s the problem?

This may sound small but industry standard document management requires that footers of documents can contain metadata, most importantly the version of the document so when a user prints the document the document can have the correct controls embedded right the way through the document. It’s called Document Control.

SharePoint online allows us to create content types and, through…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)