SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

SharePoint Dev Platform

Welcome! This is your place to suggest ideas or vote for ideas for improving the SharePoint Dev Platform.

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

How to submit a new idea

1. Check if it's already been suggested. If it has, vote for it.
  2. If it's new, submit it in 50 words or less.
  3. Gather support!
  4. If your idea receives over 100 votes in 90 days, we will respond.
    If not, we will close it.

Want to engage further? Please visit the SharePoint Community

Note: we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. adding columns should affect only local document structure

Adding a new column in a subfolder adds the same structure to the whole Sharepoint. I cannot in my wildest dream imagine how anyone can think this is a good idea. I cannot think of any (actually good) file structure that works like this. This is one of the worst design choices I have encountered. I mean, Microsoft in general is truly bad at most user experience, but this just goes beyond what I can comprehend.

At least allow it to be a choice if columns are global or local.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Integrating Azure AD user profiles to SharePoint Online through People Search Results page

There is a need for a mechanism to integrate Azure AD user profiles directly to SharePoint pages. Currently, the sync happens through Exchange Online. It takes around 72 hours for the changes to reflect in SharePoint. If there is a method to display the user profile details directly in SharePoint through the People Search Results page, it can eliminate the delay in displaying the changes through the sync process. This can be helpful while designing Employee Directory or Staff Directory for the organization.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Custom List, version history filter by column name

When review the version history in a list it good be nice to have the possibility to filter by column name. It would be like a kind of track changes by column.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Extend SPListItem[string fieldInternalName] to use Internal as well as Display Name

Users have the ability to change the display name, which could then have the unintended consequence that they break code in a web part or elsewhere because the code is looking for the field based on its display name that has now changed.

Users can;t change the internal name though. So it would make sense and be a more safe way to program web parts etc if we had a simple way to get the field value based on the internal name of the field.

Eg a developer creates a field named FinYear, then after it is created they change…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Column Formatting changes Date column display to ISO format

Column Formatting - fix date display when using @now in column. Add formatting to set the background-color of the currentField based on another column date value being @now + 86400000 (1 day) changes the display of all date columns to ISO8601 format (YYYY-MM-DDTHH:MM:SSZ). I can set the column formatting on those columns to fix this, but if I group by a date field, those values don't attend to the column formatting.

Any way to avoid the date display changing to the ISO8601?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add option to set default layout on Library webpart

There is no way to set the default layout of the Library webpart to compact list or tiles unless you create a view first and use that. It would be handy to have the option in the default webpart settings to choose either List, Compact List or Tiles layout by default.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Make internal SP links display the same icon as its target

In SharePoint, .url items currently display a generic web page icon no matter what the link leads to. It would be great if it could work similarly to shortcuts in WIndows, where it is apparent which file type it points at.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Browsing the apps under From Your Organization

Under apps From Your Organization, we can not distinguish apps from
    Site Collection App Catalog and apps fromTenant App Catalog.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Ability to edit a link in a document library

When adding a link to a library (whether via New>Link or dragging a .url file in), that shortcut can not be overwritten or edited. You have to delete it and create/copy a new file. This is a usability issue for users who expect it to work like other file types.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Scrolling of pinned columns in Filter pane (currently have to use 'See All' to view more than 5 items)

To add a scroll bar to each of the (possible) 3 pinned columns shown in the Filter pane.

On average, I have 10 different values per column and the most used ones are not in the first 5 of the Filter list.

You cannot change the order of the Filter list as it is based on the number of instances of each value within the column. In my case, the ones with the lowest number of instances are the most used! Hence the need to scroll

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Fix the issue regarding sharepoint list column name

Sharepoint will not be able to issue the xml list of lists when one of the column is named with symbols only such as "***" or "-" . If this is causing issues they should either be resolved or the column should not permit being named in this way.

thanks

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. export sharepoint site

Is it possible to export a sharepoint site and import it into another environment in a simple way?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. drop-down on page

Hi! Please, Update SharePoint Online. Add the function to show and hide text with one click. This is missing when creating a news or post.
    Thank you!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Expertese finder

Community Category - Experts

There are experts in this community, CLI - Waldek, PowerShell - Erwin or Todd Klindt, Bots - Andrew Clear, Power Apps - Shane Young or Todd Baginski, Graph - Darrel or Jeremy, Flow - John Liu, List Formatting - Chris, etc.... Allow experts who care to share to declare themselves.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Improved Modern way to implement and use tagging to replace folders

As I understand it, we are supposed to be using tags to organize content in a document library and eventually abandon folders.

In the modern UI, tagging is harder to use, defining and assigning tags are also difficult to understand and is less friendly to use in the UI. For example, it is easier to choose from a multi-select choice list than it is to select tags.

Microsoft needs to re-implement the file tagging feature to be more user friendly.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. We hope to use local IP addresses when controlling access to SharePoint Online

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    SharePoint Online のアクセスの制御にて、ローカル IP アドレスも利用出来るようにしたい
    We hope to use local IP addresses when controlling access to SharePoint Online

■Description(内容):
    SharePoint Online のアクセス制御にて、グローバル IP アドレスだけではなく、ローカル IP アドレスを利用してアクセス制御が出来る機能の実装を要望します。​
    We hope for a feature that allows users to use local IP addresses in addition to global IP addresses when controlling access to SharePoint Online.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Option to remove social media functionality from Sharepoint

This is only really useful if everybody in the company uses it. I'd rather Sharepoint developers spent their time on something useful, like a functional search engine.

For example, I look at my Sharepoint profile probably once a year. If someone posts something I need to see there, I'm not going to see it for months.

This overlaps with social media functionality on Teams and numerous other products. Remove it from Sharepoint. No one in their right mind is going to seriously use it.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Cache problem code changes don't get reflected but only after multiple Cntrl+F5 and Data Sources Refreshings.

Cache problem code changes don't get reflected but only after multiple Cntrl+F5 and Data Sources Refreshings.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base