SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

SharePoint Dev Platform

Welcome! This is your place to suggest ideas or vote for ideas for improving the SharePoint Dev Platform.

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

How to submit a new idea

1. Check if it's already been suggested. If it has, vote for it.
  2. If it's new, submit it in 50 words or less.
  3. Gather support!
  4. If your idea receives over 100 votes in 90 days, we will respond.
    If not, we will close it.

Want to engage further? Please visit the SharePoint Community

Note: we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Support for enterprise content types is SharePoint site designs.

Currently, the site design schema does not support an action to add enterprise content types. It would great to not have to use the content type syndication hub. We should be able to apply a enterprise content type to one or more site collections via site designs.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Site Scripts & Site Designs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Change Default Sharing Setting for All New Team Sites to 'Anyone with Link'.

I have the default sharing setting in the SharePoint and OneDrive and Office365 Admin Centers to 'Share with Anyone with the Link' when a new Team Site is created. However, when I try to share a document on a new site, that option is grayed out and an Admin has to go into the SP Admin Center to change this. I am requesting that this bug be fixed, so you can share with Anyone with the Link, as set in the Admin Center settings.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Site Scripts & Site Designs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Site Manager Copy/Move sites

Hi,
    I just find this: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/work-with-site-content-and-structure-30fcaad9-02b1-4347-8b03-e1ccc5a4c19f#bm4
    (Important)
    Microsoft means serieously that will replace the Site manager functions like Copy/Move sites by Copy/Move files?
    This is like replacing car by skates.
    Is there any reasonable cause? Or with Sharepoint online slow functions is now comming new era of slow and no functions?

I would like to know this, since support of Sharepoin in our company is getting down with every new update (its getting towards XP - Vista story)

Thank you

Ivan

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Site Scripts & Site Designs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Developer Site Template - Better Wikis, Git Repositories, and Code Sharing

Currently we have communication sites which my business partners love. I however struggle with getting my development team to love SharePoint sites. It would be nice if there was a template for developer focused sites. For example a way to create API swaggers. A Git Repository that could be used to connect to Azure, Azure DevOps, other Software development platforms.

Also the creation of wikis and tagging similar to Confluence sites would be nice. As a program manager I would love to have my program documentation as well as my developer documentation all on a single platform.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Site Scripts & Site Designs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. view formatting container

JSON View formatting looks different in a webpart compared to in the list/library.

Can we have access to the container HTML element for the list rather than just to the individual rows? (when writing the JSON)

When creating a grid of floating tiles, they do not align properly when the viewed as a webpart. They are displayed in a jagged stair-case. It works fine when looking at the list/library.

I would attached an image but that doesn't seem to be in this site's feature set :(

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Site Scripts & Site Designs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. find way to convert existing publishing pages to modern, having over a thousand pages makes it unreasonable to switch to modern experience.

Content from publishing pages exist in database, should be way to leverage this to convert existing publishing pages to modern experience. Consider customers with thousands of existing publishing pages - not just oh start over with new communications site.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. UI support for Site Designs and Site Scripts

All the management occurs programmatically. It would be great to manage Site Designs directly from the new SharePoint admin center. E. g.: Manage scope, Set default design, Site Designs and Site Scripts overview etc.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. view format comment

Please change the JSON parser for view and column formatting to use JSON with comments. I'd like to make a few notes in the JSON and at this point I'd have to create a hidden field to do it.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. adding script code to Sharepoint

I would like to add script code from a Jira widget. The purpose of this is so that employees can quickly use this widget to submit a ticket.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. JSON to be able to set Layout and Background

With site designs for modern there are a lot of options available however the ability to change Layout to 'Standard' or 'Compact' and the Background to say 'Strong' is lacking.

Can these please be made available?

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Infopath forms abilities to SharePoint forms

SharePoint forms
    If you're like most InfoPath developers, you learned InfoPath to interact with SharePoint. SharePoint is great, but the default forms are a bit pedestrian and don't allow for customization or business logic without InfoPath. Well, integrate all of InfoPath desktop into the default forms. Power Apps is not my answer, make SharePoint Forms better.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. site logo

We can currently set site logo for Communication site. but not Team site. Can you please enable this for the Team site as well? Thanks.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. SharePoint Site Design extremely slow

Applying site designs can be fast sometimes, but most of the times it is extremely slow………
    Even the simplest Site Designs (creating a few additional document libraries) takes ages to complete.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Transfer "Edit columns in form" in a site script

The same way we can specify which columns will be in each view in a list section of a script. We should be able to choose which columns will be by default in the edit form ("Edit columns in form" NOT power app)
    We create sites with Site designs and this can be very helpful.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Allow a user that is not an administrator to create a site from a template

I have users that are not administrators that need to be able to duplicate or create a site from a template.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add single spacing option to SharePoint modern form

It appears that there is no option to control space settings within a form. The default seems to be 1.5 spacing instead of single spaced. This is problematic when emailing a form as the text appears wider spaced than it needs to be. The GUI should include a spacing option.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Allow site script & site designs to add site collection wide logo/home link and footer.

create action that would add collection wide logo/home link and footer.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Site Scripts & Site Designs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. List column formatting - extend this to the Sharepoint web part

IN SHORT: Can List Column Formatting be extended to the Sharepoint List web part?

LONGER VERSION
    Column Formatter was released in Q4 2017, and it has done excellent things for small businesses who thrive on good business processes. Personally we use it to show "lead urgency" for incoming work, which is really simple formatting, as well as more complex rules, e.g. our deadlines traffic light system takes about 7 fields (project status plus multiple deadline fields for different stages of the project) and presents a nice colour-coded "next deadline" that gives us a visual overview of all projects' stages.

BUT…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Enhance addSPField with internalName property as required

If the displayName property is not specified, the internal name will be based on the display name. An internal name should always be a required property.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Please add custom css capability for list form body json

Hi,

While header and footer allows custom CSS, this is missing in body section which is forcing us to opt for external solutions. Please allow "style" attribute in the body section too.

Thanks.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base