SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

SharePoint Dev Platform

Welcome! This is your place to suggest ideas or vote for ideas for improving the SharePoint Dev Platform.

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

How to submit a new idea

1. Check if it's already been suggested. If it has, vote for it.
  2. If it's new, submit it in 50 words or less.
  3. Gather support!
  4. If your idea receives over 100 votes in 90 days, we will respond.
    If not, we will close it.

Want to engage further? Please visit the SharePoint Community

Note: we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Use of internal column names when configuring the body of SharePoint forms

I would like to be able to use internal column names when configuring the body layout for forms. The display names is dependent on the language settings which is far from ideal. As it is right now I have to enter all possible language display names for all columns.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Site Scripts & Site Designs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Why cant there is no verb to add the folders in existing document library

Hi,
    I want to add the multiple root folders to existing documents library along with custom fields but I didn't see any mentioned verb to create the sp folder in document library.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Site Scripts & Site Designs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Blocking other user access, user should not see other user who has access on the same file/folder from the manage access in SharePoint site

Blocking other user access, user should not see other user who has access on the same file/folder from the manage access in SharePoint site
    User with any access should not see the other users access on same file/folder

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Examples, tutorials on PeoplePicker for SharePoint Online; populating columns with information given information

Examples, tutorials on PeoplePicker for SharePoint Online; populating columns with the different Values

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Edit/change 'text' column to 'calculated' column

I want to change/edit 'text' type column to 'calculated' type. I see other datatype options when I try to edit but 'calculate' type is not there. I get calculated type only when creating new columns but not when I need to change/edit columns. This feature is very useful for customers like me.
    Sincereley,
    YT

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Allow Hyperlinks to associated with pictures in a carousel web part on sharepoint

when i create a picture carousel, i want to have the ability to create the picture to have a hyperlink for the user. The user can click on the picture to go to the particular page that is associated with the display

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Site Design View Customer FormatJSON Choose Layout

When adding the formatterJSON for a view allow another JSON value to choose the layout of the view e.g. List, Gallery etc. This is available through the UI but not in the Site Design schema.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Metadata explaination

Hello,

Our company is currently moving our files to SharePoint and will be adapting to Metadata file sharing.
    We have a lot of different kind of Metadata, documents and employees and want to be very clear what should be filled in as Metadata. Some of our Metadata need some more explanation of what to be filled in. Is that possible to add? For example a text that appears when you click on a small question mark. We also want to be able to do this with the different alternatives if that is possible.

What do you think, is that possible?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Site Design and Site Script - increase cumulative actions to atlest 50 or

show some other way to handle bundle of actions to run in the background instead of showing the execution of actions in the script.
    User like to wait for the system to perform background tasks but not the limitations to the features .

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. A simple way to export group members to an Excel file.

Current too complicated for average user.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. create list template

Ability to create list/library template using XML via site script

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. SharePoint modern page template error when accessing model details panel

Hi, I just want to submit a bug with the modern page template.
    When creating a site in another language than English (Example french), the site pages templates folder will be named "Modèles" in french. When you edit a page template and access the details panel to display the properties, it will throw an error.

My solution was not rename the "Modèles" folder by "Templates" and everything is fine now.

I've reproduce the issue on 2 tenants.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Enhance addSPField with internalName property as required

If the displayName property is not specified, the internal name will be based on the display name. An internal name should always be a required property.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Make triggering a Power Automation flow from site script free again

Recent licensing changes for Power Automate has made the Request - When a HTTP Request is received trigger a Premium action. This essentially removes the ability to call a Power Automate Flow from a Site Script since every user making the call would now require premium licensing.

Whats worse, is any Flow that was previously configured to use this trigger from a site script can no longer be updated and saved. You are given an error message about inaccurate licensing and prevented from saving. So anyone who had been using it for Site design and site script automation can no…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Site Scripts & Site Designs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Site Design script triggerFlow verb alternative awaiting the result and add custom texts in the process of applying a custom site design

The end user experience might come not so ideal in case of applying a custom site design e.g seeing waiting for progress state in case of simple action e.g. adding to a hub site with 10sec to 3min and then as a last action triggering flow which immediately results. It might causes a meaning the whole operation is finished and further confusions like "Is it/ or is it not finished yet?" Could it be so that:
    1) the platform offers e.g. runFlow with a timeout parameter (in future possibly also a nice way showing to end user actual time to…

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 3 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base