SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

SharePoint Dev Platform

Welcome! This is your place to suggest ideas or vote for ideas for improving the SharePoint Dev Platform.

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

How to submit a new idea

1. Check if it's already been suggested. If it has, vote for it.
  2. If it's new, submit it in 50 words or less.
  3. Gather support!
  4. If your idea receives over 100 votes in 90 days, we will respond.
    If not, we will close it.

Want to engage further? Please visit the SharePoint Community

Note: we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add IFC format as a global open 3D standard for Building-oriented objects in Sharepoint Spaces

Once the Sharepoint Space has been rolled out among all tenants, it would be nice to have a wider and especially accessible 3D data format range.

Regarding Architectural, Engineering, and Construction objects, there is a global open standard based on 3D smart objects called IFC (Industry Foundation Classes), developed by buildingSMART International (+ info https://www.buildingsmart.org/standards/bsi-standards/industry-foundation-classes/ )

It would be a consistent approach from Microsoft to implement this 3D format in Sharepoint Spaces since is a global and open Standard.
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/add-a-3d-object-to-a-sharepoint-space-6e17e4d4-cad1-459d-90ce-01540697214b

86 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add Last Publish Date as an option in News Web Part

Currently the only date visible on a Modern homepage with the News Web Part is First publish date. Even after the article has been updated, the date remains the same. Please include the option to select Last Publish Date/Last Modified Date to be visible from the News Web part.

Currently the only work around is to hide the date altogether and open the article to see the last updated date.

47 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Please Fix - Adding calculated lookup column breaks Lists when creating new List from existing List.

I created a List in Teams and opened in SharePoint Online to customize it.
    I can create a 'calculated column' and set information type as 'Lookup' and point to data within the list I'm creating.

This works as expected however, if I want to reuse this List (Create new list from existing list) the creation breaks. I get an error "Parameter targetListName references a resource that could not be found".

If I take out the calculated list 'Lookup' column, I can reuse the List.

Please Fix.

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Share an ‘early warning’ from Microsoft of SharePoint Online changes that could potentially ‘break’ custom CSS

Is there a way to obtain an ‘early warning’ from Microsoft of SharePoint Online changes that could potentially ‘break’ custom CSS rules and formatting.

Currently, custom formatted SharePoint Online sites simply break when CSS changes are released that alter tags or divs that have been targeted.

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Allow List / Library Layouts (Compact, Tile) to be active by default and/or via URL

Currently users can switch their View layout manually between List, Compact List, and Tiles. However, developers customizing a View cannot set any of those as default, nor can we direct a user to a particular Layout.

This request is for any or all of the following 3 modifications:

• Allow one of the Layouts to be set as default so visitors see the correct layout without having to be directed to switch the layout manually (which, by the way, users never do anyway). One super convenient way to accomplish this would be to detect the use of "tileProps" in the View…

106 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Event for list item comment

List item commenting is a really nice addition. I have already stumbled upon case(s) where customers want to run a flow for newly added comments. What I am suggesting is to shoot off an event when a comment is added/manipulated. Basically, commenting = item updated

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Include Syntex in M365 developer tenant

I want to try syntex functionality for a project but not in our production tenant. Its not possible to be activated in a dev tenant (that 90 days subscription). Kindly include this

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Single Organization Assets library in multi-geo environment

As per current configuration SharePoint admin need to create separate Organization Assets library for each satellite location in the SPO environment, which is an overhead for an admin to keep in sync all Organization Assets library pictures. Requesting to have single Organization Assets library in multi-geo environment.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. export sharepoint site

Is it possible to export a sharepoint site and import it into another environment in a simple way?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Hello All, In sharepoint, I have created list of issue tracker in which issue status is Open & Closed. Need your help to make this status co

Hello All,
    In sharepoint, I have created list of issue tracker in which issue status is Open & Closed.
    Need your help to make this status column read only if it's in closed state and how to create closed date/time column with condition i.e when we save status= Closed then closed date column become read only and close date/time =Now() automatically.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Scrolling of pinned columns in Filter pane (currently have to use 'See All' to view more than 5 items)

To add a scroll bar to each of the (possible) 3 pinned columns shown in the Filter pane.

On average, I have 10 different values per column and the most used ones are not in the first 5 of the Filter list.

You cannot change the order of the Filter list as it is based on the number of instances of each value within the column. In my case, the ones with the lowest number of instances are the most used! Hence the need to scroll

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Allow the ability to select a 'Picture Library' for the Image Gallery web part in SharePoint online

Image Gallery web part in SharePoint doesn't allow you to pick a 'Picture Library' when selecting the 'Dynamically display images from a document library' option.

This seems like an oversight.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Remove the Indication for newly uploaded/created item in Sharepoint.

Remove the indication for newly uploaded file in MS Teams.
    A half star like indication which is displayed on the top left corner of the file name which indicated that the file is newly uploaded must be removed.

Or is there any way to remove it.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Ability to edit a link in a document library

When adding a link to a library (whether via New>Link or dragging a .url file in), that shortcut can not be overwritten or edited. You have to delete it and create/copy a new file. This is a usability issue for users who expect it to work like other file types.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. change new item title when click new item for list

allow to change new item title when click new item for list

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Be able to embed 360 images into sharepoint pages

Have the ability to add 360 images. Be able to set "north" and some basic settings. (autospin etc) and also be able to resize the image for your page.

45 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Microsoft learning pathways - hide asset from all playlists

I'd like to be able to hide a particular asset from all playlists. For example, in our orgainsation we have restricted the creation of new Teams so we'd like to hide the asset "Get your team up and running" from all the playlists that it appears in.

Currently, we have to search through all playlists and if that asset exists in one, we have to copy the playlist, remove it from the new playlist, the hide the original playlist.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. adding columns should affect only local document structure

Adding a new column in a subfolder adds the same structure to the whole Sharepoint. I cannot in my wildest dream imagine how anyone can think this is a good idea. I cannot think of any (actually good) file structure that works like this. This is one of the worst design choices I have encountered. I mean, Microsoft in general is truly bad at most user experience, but this just goes beyond what I can comprehend.

At least allow it to be a choice if columns are global or local.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Display list of attendees for an Event

In the Event webpart, we should be able to see a list of anyone who has added the event to their calendar. It seems like an obvious request, but an organiser would surely want to see who's attending their event?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)