SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

SharePoint Dev Platform

Welcome! This is your place to suggest ideas or vote for ideas for improving the SharePoint Dev Platform.

How to submit a new idea

1. Check if it's already been suggested. If it has, vote for it.
  2. If it's new, submit it in 50 words or less.
  3. Gather support!
  4. If your idea receives over 100 votes in 90 days, we will respond.
    If not, we will close it.

Want to engage further? Please visit the SharePoint Community

Note: we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. adding script code to Sharepoint

I would like to add script code from a Jira widget. The purpose of this is so that employees can quickly use this widget to submit a ticket.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Site Scripts & Site Designs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Support SPFx Command Bar and Context Menu on ODFB default library modern view

Recently SharePoint App Add-in stopped working at ODFB default library modern view and SPFx is not supported there either, so there leaves no option to customize on ODFB default library.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  SharePoint Framework  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Use of internal column names when configuring the body of SharePoint forms

I would like to be able to use internal column names when configuring the body layout for forms. The display names is dependent on the language settings which is far from ideal. As it is right now I have to enter all possible language display names for all columns.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Site Scripts & Site Designs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. make the SPFx workbench wider

When developing a web part for "supportedHosts": ["SharePointFullPage"] it will be nice to have the full width of the page while debugging in /_layouts/15/workbench.aspx too.
    It is very hard to see just half the width of the final web part.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  SharePoint Framework  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Environment Setup Too Complicated - Citizen Developer

I am a citizen developer and have very little software development background. The SharePoint Dev Platform environment setup is:

(1) Too complicated (installing node.js, gulp, yeoman, dev certificates etc)
    (2) Fills me with fear (e.g. using npm to download hundreds of files from unknown places)

SharePoint is a Microsoft product, development for which should be handled by a development environment installer such as Visual Studio Community Edition. Within Visual Studio Community Edition I should just be able to click 'SharePoint Framework' and the environment should then be setup to support SharePoint Framework development. No command line, no going off to…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  SharePoint Framework  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Set Default Column Values using a Site Script Verb (Site Design)

I am a fan of Site Designs; however, I would like to be able to set Default Column Values on lists and folders.

You could complete this action using the UI or the Set-PnPDefaultColumnValues PowerShell complete. Sadly, this is not in acceptable to the average “business user” and required administrator input.

Please add a verb called setDefaultColumnValues to SharePoint Site Scripts?

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Site Scripts & Site Designs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Transfer "Edit columns in form" in a site script

The same way we can specify which columns will be in each view in a list section of a script. We should be able to choose which columns will be by default in the edit form ("Edit columns in form" NOT power app)
    We create sites with Site designs and this can be very helpful.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. BUG Found - Time Zone bug

SYMPTOM:
    - O365 user sfox@kellylyonslaw.com receives and email
    - She then copies (drags / drops) that email into SharePoint Company Docs folder.
    - If the email message is viewed in SharePoint, the date is +7 hours (which is GMT from Arizona). That is, it reflects a 7-hour difference on when the email was received in Outlook
    - As part of diagnoses we have looked at the Email Properties (header) itself within the Outlook 365 Desktop App
    - The Email properties / headers reflect that the Item was received with the same +7-hour difference, too
    - We have verified that the…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. SPFX component type for container of other web parts or alternate section format

I'd like to be able to have one web part that shows or hides another web part, or a web part that can contain other web parts. The system has section layouts, now, but I'd like to take that a step further.

This comes up because I've been looking for a solution to have a SharePoint modern page that can switch between two different views to a document library - a custom web part, and the standard web part. When I was trying to find a modern solution, I did see that older versions of sharepoint have had a fairly…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Allow 3rd party native clients to call SP.Oauth.NativeClient Authenticate endpoint

Description:
    Currently _api/SP.Oauth.NativeClient/Authenticate API endpoint is locked so that you can call this endpoint only if bearer token is granted by specifics MS azure apps.
    This is only way to get SP authentication cookie by bearer token and it seems that every MS mobile apps use this method to acquire authentication cookie. Teams, mobile sharepoint app etc...

When developing mobile apps you are now forced to do multiple authentications to open Sharepoint page or forced to store client credentials order to call vtibin/idcrl.svc/ which is another way to get SP authentication cookie programmatically.

Problem:
    You can't create azure app…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Allow the ability to select a 'Picture Library' for the Image Gallery web part in SharePoint online

Image Gallery web part in SharePoint doesn't allow you to pick a 'Picture Library' when selecting the 'Dynamically display images from a document library' option.

This seems like an oversight.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. adding columns should affect only local document structure

Adding a new column in a subfolder adds the same structure to the whole Sharepoint. I cannot in my wildest dream imagine how anyone can think this is a good idea. I cannot think of any (actually good) file structure that works like this. This is one of the worst design choices I have encountered. I mean, Microsoft in general is truly bad at most user experience, but this just goes beyond what I can comprehend.

At least allow it to be a choice if columns are global or local.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Display list of attendees for an Event

In the Event webpart, we should be able to see a list of anyone who has added the event to their calendar. It seems like an obvious request, but an organiser would surely want to see who's attending their event?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. View Existing Assigned Permissions to SP AddIns

Once permissions are applied to a Service Principal name via _layouts/15/appinv.aspx, it is not possible to see the permissions applied there after. Please build some functionality via the GUI so we can see each (XML) permission applied per Client ID and at what scope it was defined. These service principal names do not appear as 'SharePoint Apps' in the site contents page like other AddIns do, hence we can't click permissions and view them.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  SharePoint Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Subscribe to list notifications For 'Lists'

Subscribe to list notifications currently supports only document library events and not 'Lists'.

I read the consideration as well in which it says 'you can subscribe to events from libraries (but not lists)'.
    But it will it be a great feature if it is supported in the upcoming SPFx versions.

45 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Allow Hyperlinks to associated with pictures in a carousel web part on sharepoint

when i create a picture carousel, i want to have the ability to create the picture to have a hyperlink for the user. The user can click on the picture to go to the particular page that is associated with the display

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Site Design View Customer FormatJSON Choose Layout

When adding the formatterJSON for a view allow another JSON value to choose the layout of the view e.g. List, Gallery etc. This is available through the UI but not in the Site Design schema.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. API for SharePoint Spaces

Either I'm missing something, or SharePoint Spaces is a completely manually created environment.

So other than some of the objects/webparts supporting data from other sources (e.g. SharePoint lists/libraries) within the bounds of that webpart, there's no way to programmatically add content to a Space.

Or should we be able to build SharePoint Framework webparts that can then interact inside the Space?

We're working with a partner on geospatial data (maps, terrain, satellite photos, building geometry, building scans, services data (water pipes, electrical wires, etc) and more), which is currently visualised using a customised version of the Cesium Viewer, but it…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion and the details on the scenario you are trying to support. You are correct that the focus of SharePoint spaces at this time is on creating 3D environments using the GUI authoring tool. We acknowledge the need for more programmatically generated content in spaces and are actively engaged in understanding these scenarios and evaluating when and how to prioritize this functionality moving forward.

Also note that using SharePoint PnP scripting and templates you can execute some automatic space creation today. This approach may be a way to accomplish some of your goals.

19. Group list commands in SPFx ListView Command Extension

Currently, when we deploy the SPFx ListView Command Set extension solution, each command becomes a separate button. How can I group them under one group like the default new icon, which we have in the list? Please give a provision for the same.

106 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  SharePoint Framework  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Allow directly fetching latest published version of an item or page

When versioning is turned on, it's possible to hide drafts, either from everyone except the creator or just from users without edit rights. When presenting items from lists, either in custom solutions or using the built-in list webpart, this means that the general viewer may be presented with a different view than a user who is responsible for creating or checking content.

In order to display a consistent "end user experience", we have to manually fetch a specific version (the latest version that has _ModerationStatus eq 0). In the built-in list view webparts, this isn't even an option.

Drafts are…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  SharePoint APIs (CSOM/REST/Server-side)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base