SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

SharePoint Dev Platform

Welcome! This is your place to suggest ideas or vote for ideas for improving the SharePoint Dev Platform.

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

How to submit a new idea

1. Check if it's already been suggested. If it has, vote for it.
  2. If it's new, submit it in 50 words or less.
  3. Gather support!
  4. If your idea receives over 100 votes in 90 days, we will respond.
    If not, we will close it.

Want to engage further? Please visit the SharePoint Community

Note: we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Switch to sass (Dart-Sass) instead of node-sass

Node-Sass and libsass are deprecated. While still maintained, no new features will be added.
    This is especiall true for "@use" which is replacement for "@import" which will be phased out in the future.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  SharePoint Framework  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Modify gulp tasks to support node_modules in a parent directory

As per described here https://github.com/SharePoint/sp-dev-docs/issues/4853
    It would be very useful that gulp tasks support that the node_modules folder is in a parent directory, so that we can use pnpm shared-workspace-lockfile = true

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. add filtering and sorting capability to quicklinks webpart

Add filtering and sorting capability to Quicklinks webpart.

I love the ability to filter and sort highlighted content, but do NOT like how it displays the content type icon over picture, the modified by user info, and the site name (redundant text noise). I love the simplicity of the quicklinks display of image and title, but need quicklink content to be filterable and sortable like you can in highlighted content.

Add a way to customize how highlighted content is displayed (just image and title like the quicklink webpart does).

or

Please add the same filtering and sorting capability to the…

31 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Site Scripts & Site Designs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. get change history of a list item in sharepoint

Be able to get the history of changes of the record of a list in sharepoitn through ODATA, to be able to track custom fields in the lists.
    from lists within sharepoint, or from project sites in project online.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  SharePoint APIs (CSOM/REST/Server-side)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. SPFX component type for container of other web parts or alternate section format

I'd like to be able to have one web part that shows or hides another web part, or a web part that can contain other web parts. The system has section layouts, now, but I'd like to take that a step further.

This comes up because I've been looking for a solution to have a SharePoint modern page that can switch between two different views to a document library - a custom web part, and the standard web part. When I was trying to find a modern solution, I did see that older versions of sharepoint have had a fairly…

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Scrolling of pinned columns in Filter pane (currently have to use 'See All' to view more than 5 items)

To add a scroll bar to each of the (possible) 3 pinned columns shown in the Filter pane.

On average, I have 10 different values per column and the most used ones are not in the first 5 of the Filter list.

You cannot change the order of the Filter list as it is based on the number of instances of each value within the column. In my case, the ones with the lowest number of instances are the most used! Hence the need to scroll

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Allow the ability to select a 'Picture Library' for the Image Gallery web part in SharePoint online

Image Gallery web part in SharePoint doesn't allow you to pick a 'Picture Library' when selecting the 'Dynamically display images from a document library' option.

This seems like an oversight.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. API for SharePoint Spaces

Either I'm missing something, or SharePoint Spaces is a completely manually created environment.

So other than some of the objects/webparts supporting data from other sources (e.g. SharePoint lists/libraries) within the bounds of that webpart, there's no way to programmatically add content to a Space.

Or should we be able to build SharePoint Framework webparts that can then interact inside the Space?

We're working with a partner on geospatial data (maps, terrain, satellite photos, building geometry, building scans, services data (water pipes, electrical wires, etc) and more), which is currently visualised using a customised version of the Cesium Viewer, but it…

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion and the details on the scenario you are trying to support. You are correct that the focus of SharePoint spaces at this time is on creating 3D environments using the GUI authoring tool. We acknowledge the need for more programmatically generated content in spaces and are actively engaged in understanding these scenarios and evaluating when and how to prioritize this functionality moving forward.

Also note that using SharePoint PnP scripting and templates you can execute some automatic space creation today. This approach may be a way to accomplish some of your goals.

9. Ability to edit a link in a document library

When adding a link to a library (whether via New>Link or dragging a .url file in), that shortcut can not be overwritten or edited. You have to delete it and create/copy a new file. This is a usability issue for users who expect it to work like other file types.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. ValidateUpdateListItem Permissions should not change value of a readonly column with contributor permissions

Contributors should not be allowed to change readonly fields, they cannot with the classic update method.
    But I tested that if a user with contributor permissions uses a javascript / REST with ValideUpdatelistem, he/she is able to update a readonly field.
    I find normal that a full control user can do it, but not a contributor.
    I find no reason, the classic update method does not work, but yes using ValideUpdateListitem.
    There are other ways not to include fields you don't want the user to fill, without making it readonly, and if you make it readonly and you need a…

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Allow us to create sections and layouts from SPFx app

Please allow us to create sections and layouts on modern pages that we can control with either by user defined ID or class.

By this way, I can have tabbed functionality on modern pages.
    Solution at high level:
    - User can select the tab count from the app
    - Sections are created based on the number
    - User can change the layout too
    - They can add the web parts on corresponding sections

Once user selects the tab, we can display the corresponding section and hide the others.
    Give us a method to create dynamic sections from SPFx app.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Cannot reference field name when formatting Display Form, but it works when formatting a column in list view.

I can reference a list field by [$TFID] when formatting a list view's column, but when I try to reference the same field when formatting the display form's header with JSON, that reference to that field doesn't work. That field contains a calculated value.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  SharePoint Documentation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. make the SPFx workbench wider

When developing a web part for "supportedHosts": ["SharePointFullPage"] it will be nice to have the full width of the page while debugging in /_layouts/15/workbench.aspx too.
    It is very hard to see just half the width of the final web part.

23 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  SharePoint Framework  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Blocking other user access, user should not see other user who has access on the same file/folder from the manage access in SharePoint site

Blocking other user access, user should not see other user who has access on the same file/folder from the manage access in SharePoint site
    User with any access should not see the other users access on same file/folder

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Site Scripts & Site Designs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Update page section cmdlet

I wish to update a section on a sharepoint page using Powershell. There currently seems to be no cmdlet that allows you to do this. There is a a Add-PnPClientSidePageSection method, that allows you to add a section but nothing of the sort to update an existing section.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. The gulp from node.js 10.23.0 cannot be installed

Make the 14.x compatible.

Here is the installation output:

$ sudo npm install gulp yo @microsoft/generator-sharepoint --global
    Password:
    npm WARN deprecated resolve-url@0.2.1: https://github.com/lydell/resolve-url#deprecated
    npm WARN deprecated urix@0.1.0: Please see https://github.com/lydell/urix#deprecated
    npm WARN deprecated request@2.88.2: request has been deprecated, see https://github.com/request/request/issues/3142
    npm WARN deprecated har-validator@5.1.5: this library is no longer supported
    npm WARN deprecated chokidar@2.1.8: Chokidar 2 will break on node v14+. Upgrade to chokidar 3 with 15x less dependencies.
    npm WARN deprecated fsevents@1.2.13: fsevents 1 will break on node v14+ and could be using insecure binaries. Upgrade to fsevents 2.
    npm WARN deprecated cross-spawn-async@2.2.5

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Site Scripts & Site Designs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  SharePoint Documentation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. change new item title when click new item for list

allow to change new item title when click new item for list

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Be able to embed 360 images into sharepoint pages

Have the ability to add 360 images. Be able to set "north" and some basic settings. (autospin etc) and also be able to resize the image for your page.

45 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. adding script code to Sharepoint

I would like to add script code from a Jira widget. The purpose of this is so that employees can quickly use this widget to submit a ticket.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Site Scripts & Site Designs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base