SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

SharePoint Dev Platform

Welcome! This is your place to suggest ideas or vote for ideas for improving the SharePoint Dev Platform.

How to submit a new idea

1. Check if it's already been suggested. If it has, vote for it.
  2. If it's new, submit it in 50 words or less.
  3. Gather support!
  4. If your idea receives over 100 votes in 90 days, we will respond.
    If not, we will close it.

Want to engage further? Please visit the SharePoint Community

Note: we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. download option for shared videos should be removed in onedrive

If i upload a video and share it among others, they see download arrow at left top corner. This option should not be active default. Admin should have right to disable downloads.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. workflow

It was mentioned in
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/sharepoint-2010-workflow-retirement-1ca3fff8-9985-410a-85aa-8120f626965f?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US that starting August 1st, 2020, SharePoint 2010 workflows will be turned off for any newly created tenants, workflows will be removed from existing tenants as well.
    It is not clear if this addresses SharePoint add-ins with workflows developed in visual studio.
    also what is the migration plan from these kind of workflows so that we have a packaged solution on appsource?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  SharePoint Framework  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add a querystring to disable data-interception

As the data-interception propagate is getting more and more deployed in the out of the box components (navigation, quick links, ...). The idea is to add or querystring to the target URL set on the navigation or in the Link (in quick links) so the target page ignores the data-interception when loading (like the data-interception was off).
    Example:
    - I add a link in navigation to [Site]/Lists/SomeList/AllItems.aspx?DataInterception=Off
    - The allitems.aspx page (the view page) will ignore the data received from the source page and load completely.

It's really needed, this data-interception is causing a lot of problems in the navigation…

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. freeze 2 first columns in large lists

in the large lists, we need to freeze the first 2 columns in SharePoint online. Is it possible to add this feature to SharePoint online lists?

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. CSOM What's new

There is no official site specifying the "what's new" for each nuget package. Even more, for the latest release (16.1.20017.12000) there is in the internet no site mentioning the differencies... for previous releases there are few msdn blogs with the name of the properties (not for all versions) but only the names, in the official MSDN documentation there is no reference for these new properties.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. OOTB SPFX WebParts combination with custom ones documentation

Provide documentation of how we can use OOTB SPFX webparts together with custom ones, in particular connections between webparts.
    e. g. OOTB listview webpart can be a datasourse for OOTB list webpart, but if I need to develop custom list web part I don't have any info on which events and which info I'll receive for it. Of course in this case obviously only on 1 item selection and properties of the item or just id of the list and item... But I think documentation will be helpful, espesially because previous request of open sourcing OOTB webparts was declined.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Need SharePointOnlineCredentials to work in Dot Net Core

I really need the SharePointOnlineCredentials class to work in Dot Net Core under CSOM. It is so simple to use, and your work around(s) are complicated and not possible for me. I work for a large company with a large online SharePoint site. The corporation refuses to give out application codes to work around my security, but I can create a user and password to login to the SharePoint site and update files. Why can I not automate this in Dot Net Core? The work around(s) for this one feature are crazy. Days of coding to run into brick walls…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. SPFx Key/Value Pair Properties that support Read/Write

Provide a SharePoint Framework mechanism/API that allows for Site or Site Collection Read/Write of Key/Value pair properties for use in SPFx related configuration and customizations. Similar to how the property bag was used in classic.

One use case is for storing configurable properties or even user personalization configurations written and read by an SPFx solution.

This is one of many uses cases that would make this feature valuable, so in addition to your vote, please feel free to comment with additional ways in which this feature could provide additional value.

194 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    thinking about it  ·  6 comments  ·  SharePoint Framework  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add CSS grid support for View Formatting

It makes sense that column formatting does not use CSS grids but view formatting could really stand to support them. This would allow people to use grids to make custom lists view formats and expand the use cases of lists by modifying the layout to a much higher degree.

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Document Set Powerapp New form support

Using Document Set feature in SharePoint online comes with the classic experience when creating it, which actually don't allow to an administrator to edit new form with PowerApp. Since we're using powerapp for most forms in SharePoint online, it would be a good idea to include this possibility also for DocumentSets as well.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Create an API/CSOM endpoint for activating audience targeting for a list

To activate audience targeting for a modern site involves changing the list fields and finding out what changes is done when checking that simple checkbox in the ListEnableTargeting.aspx page. Please add a API and CSOM endpoint for this.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  SharePoint APIs (CSOM/REST/Server-side)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Provide Option for "faster" Webhooks

We currently have the necessity to (quite) immediately do some work (adding related items in other list, setting permissions connected to Field Values) after an Item is added/updated.
    Therefore we are stuck on EventReceivers, because they are the only option to to it nearly in real-time. Webhooks have a 1 minute timeperiod, that is far too long for our cases (as it connects to user interface/experience and security of course).
    So i would ask for an option to configure the timespan for the webhooks or have any other way for more/less immediate notifications.

As the EventReceiver-Namespace is no longer part…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  SharePoint APIs (CSOM/REST/Server-side)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. site logo

We can currently set site logo for Communication site. but not Team site. Can you please enable this for the Team site as well? Thanks.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Site Scripts & Site Designs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Allow appOnly Apps to update UserProfiles and TaxonomyStore

As mentioned here

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint/dev/sp-add-ins/add-in-permissions-in-sharepoint

and here

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint/dev/solution-guidance/app-only-elevated-privileges-sharepoint-add-in

it ist stated, that using AppOnly Permissions is restricted for UserProfile and TaxonomyStore (whereas Taxonomystore is unclear).

However, as now CSOM supports .Net core, but only with AddIn-Model authentication, we have no possibility to use that to update UserProfiles or TaxonomyStore in an automated way in the backend using .Net Core.

At least if that documention is still correct.

Currently we have to use a service user and .Net Framework CSOM to do that tasks. But this on the other way prevents us to use new technologies for example in Azure, which is…

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  SharePoint Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Extensions: Command Set asynchronous checking for visibility

It would be great to be able to check if a command needs to be visible or not asynchronously, enabling the possibility to use Rest API checks and query user authorizations, list item properties, etc

40 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. There should be a flow trigger which can run on any changes in subfolders as well.

There is a need to create a trigger that can run once any changes are performed in any of the subfolders. Without this user need to create multiple scripts which are very time consuming and difficult to maintain.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Custom Access Request Form

There should be a way to register a webhook / set a alternative page for access request when a user is denied access to a site. We have an auto approval process that uses rules but there is no way to use it.

We were able to do it on premises

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Create UserProfile Properties programmatically in SPO

Currently there is no API available to create custom UserProfile properties (and/or sections) in SharePoint Online. Are there any plans (to make this part of the Tenant administration namespace so) this can also be set via code/script as opposed to GUI only?

34 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Update @microsoft/sp-office-ui-fabric-core to depend on office-ui-fabric-core V-10.0.0 or higher+

So I have been doing a lot of digging into which version of office-ui-fabric-core SharePoint uses. Turns out that it uses office-ui-fabric-core V-9.6.1 which if you are aware was released before Fluent Design Language was a thing. Now I get that sharepoint doesn't fully use Fluent Design Language, but because all documentation on Fluent points to UI Fabric Core and the documentation for SPFx does too it leads to a lot of confusion since a lot was added starting with version 10.0.0 of office-ui-fabric-core. Now I get that we could simply clarify the documentation for SPFx so that it mentions…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. SPFx Teams Personal App, hide app header that contains redundant tab

If developing complex solutions as SPFx Teams Personal Apps, the top header that contains a tab with the name of the app is useless and uses screen real estate without bringing any functionality.
    Further more, if you have custom navigation in your app, it becomes cumbersome.
    I would like the option to hide it and have my personal app, with my custom navigation, occupy the whole available space.

https://user-images.githubusercontent.com/30260770/84480200-db291600-ac9c-11ea-8c72-eb9cbb9a5374.png

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 5 7 9 24 25
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base