SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

SharePoint Dev Platform

Welcome! This is your place to suggest ideas or vote for ideas for improving the SharePoint Dev Platform.

How to submit a new idea

1. Check if it's already been suggested. If it has, vote for it.
  2. If it's new, submit it in 50 words or less.
  3. Gather support!
  4. If your idea receives over 100 votes in 90 days, we will respond.
    If not, we will close it.

Want to engage further? Please visit the SharePoint Community

Note: we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow Hyperlinks to associated with pictures in a carousel web part on sharepoint

when i create a picture carousel, i want to have the ability to create the picture to have a hyperlink for the user. The user can click on the picture to go to the particular page that is associated with the display

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Site Scripts & Site Designs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Site Design View Customer FormatJSON Choose Layout

When adding the formatterJSON for a view allow another JSON value to choose the layout of the view e.g. List, Gallery etc. This is available through the UI but not in the Site Design schema.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Site Scripts & Site Designs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow directly fetching latest published version of an item or page

When versioning is turned on, it's possible to hide drafts, either from everyone except the creator or just from users without edit rights. When presenting items from lists, either in custom solutions or using the built-in list webpart, this means that the general viewer may be presented with a different view than a user who is responsible for creating or checking content.

In order to display a consistent "end user experience", we have to manually fetch a specific version (the latest version that has _ModerationStatus eq 0). In the built-in list view webparts, this isn't even an option.

Drafts are…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  SharePoint APIs (CSOM/REST/Server-side)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. titleresource in view class in CSOM

We can access to titleresource for lists and fields and to nameresource in content type. (get AND set)
    Unfortunately, it seems titleresource is missing in view class.
    That would be great to help in translation management.
    Thanks

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  SharePoint APIs (CSOM/REST/Server-side)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. adding script code to Sharepoint

I would like to add script code from a Jira widget. The purpose of this is so that employees can quickly use this widget to submit a ticket.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Forms - allow for visibility of external recipients' email addresses or name

When creating a Form, I need to create forms that has to be sent out to not only staff but also external private emails. Currently there is no way of externals to access the link to the Form unless I select "Anyone with the link can respond" but that then means that all responses will return as "Anonymous" which does not help me tracking who has responded and who has yet to respond. Is there a way that you could allow for the option to either have the responses as "Anonymous" or have the responses show the email address of…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  SharePoint Documentation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Māori language

Can we have the Māori language added as an option to the Language Settings of a Site Collections? In Aotearoa New Zealand, the Māori language is experiencing a renaissance and being from a University that is promoting the use of the language it would help a lot if we could have SharePoint sites that utilise the ability to switch from Māori to English.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  SharePoint Framework  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Please Fix - Adding calculated lookup column breaks Lists when creating new List from existing List.

I created a List in Teams and opened in SharePoint Online to customize it.
    I can create a 'calculated column' and set information type as 'Lookup' and point to data within the list I'm creating.

This works as expected however, if I want to reuse this List (Create new list from existing list) the creation breaks. I get an error "Parameter targetListName references a resource that could not be found".

If I take out the calculated list 'Lookup' column, I can reuse the List.

Please Fix.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. make Sharepoint OLEDB connection string compatible with the standard, allow easy import / export from and to SQL Server

It is very hard to import from / export to Sharepoint lists into / from MS SQL Server on a computer without admin rights. Both are Microsoft products. I am an BI expert based on Microsoft technologies since 1999 and MS products are the most terrible data sources and targets: Excel and Sharepoint.

It is very hard or not possible to automate ETL between Sharepoint and SQL Server on a system without admin rights and without "Flow" premium features.

• SSIS OLEDB provider doesn't work in SSIS, because the Sharepoint connection string doesn't comply with the standard and SSIS will support…
    3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Let users create Lists in Teams even DisablePersonalListCreation is set to true

By following the guide to "Disable creation of personal lists" (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint/control-lists) and set "Set-SPOTenant -DisablePersonalListCreation $true" users can't create Lists within Teams anymore.
    The "Create" button is inactive. There's no valid reason why DisablePersonalListCreation has an impact on creating Lists within a Teams Channel where the list is saved in the SharePoint site of the M365 group which is assigned to the Teams.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Sort numbers in titles of subjects 1,2,3,9,10 NOT 1,10,2,3,9!

Please can you sort numbers in titles of documents within sharepoint/OneDrive correctly...i.e.
    NOT

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  SharePoint Documentation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Fix the problem with multiple line text field entries not appearing as they are written in a native form. This information should export.

enable the multiple text line information to export as is into Excel and interface to it's original entered values, not the code for interoperability.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Allow us the ability to apply a sensitivity label to a file on a SharePoint site

Please provide the ability to apply a sensitivity label similar to a retention label using the SetComplianceLabel() endpoint.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow updating user profile properties with CSOM .NET Standard

Allow updating user profile properties with CSOM .NET Standard.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Allow us to download a hubsite along with its associated sites as a solution template

I would like to download a hubsite along with its subhub sites as a solution to avoid wasting time in creating the site all over again

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Update page section cmdlet

I wish to update a section on a sharepoint page using Powershell. There currently seems to be no cmdlet that allows you to do this. There is a a Add-PnPClientSidePageSection method, that allows you to add a section but nothing of the sort to update an existing section.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add web part size information to web part context

Expanding on the WebPartFormFactor concept, it would be great to be able to natively get information about the size of the current web part zone hosting the web part. This would allow us to more easily offer optimised UX based on how the web part is being displayed (eg: if the web part is in a 1/3 or 1/2 width zone, show fewer items per row than if it's full-width).

This can currently be achieved with native JS measuring element widths and resize handlers, but it'd be much cleaner and more reliable to have native integration, especially as more layout…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Allow 3rd party native clients to call SP.Oauth.NativeClient Authenticate endpoint

Description:
    Currently _api/SP.Oauth.NativeClient/Authenticate API endpoint is locked so that you can call this endpoint only if bearer token is granted by specifics MS azure apps.
    This is only way to get SP authentication cookie by bearer token and it seems that every MS mobile apps use this method to acquire authentication cookie. Teams, mobile sharepoint app etc...

When developing mobile apps you are now forced to do multiple authentications to open Sharepoint page or forced to store client credentials order to call vtibin/idcrl.svc/ which is another way to get SP authentication cookie programmatically.

Problem:
    You can't create azure app…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add option to set default layout on Library webpart

There is no way to set the default layout of the Library webpart to compact list or tiles unless you create a view first and use that. It would be handy to have the option in the default webpart settings to choose either List, Compact List or Tiles layout by default.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add PowerBI learning paths to the Microsoft Learning Pathways

Seems to be a big hole! It'd be awesome to have PowerBI learning pathways available in the Microsoft learning Pathways. Please!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 23 24
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base