SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

SharePoint Dev Platform

Welcome! This is your place to suggest ideas or vote for ideas for improving the SharePoint Dev Platform.

How to submit a new idea

1. Check if it's already been suggested. If it has, vote for it.
  2. If it's new, submit it in 50 words or less.
  3. Gather support!
  4. If your idea receives over 100 votes in 90 days, we will respond.
    If not, we will close it.

Want to engage further? Please visit the SharePoint Community

Note: we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add-ins Read Perms for Multiple Lists

When I create an Add-in, I can request Read permission for a single SharePoint List in the AppManifest.xml file. Later, when the user installs my Add-in, SharePoint asks her/him for the name of exactly one list to grant my Add-in read access.

I want my Add-in to have the ability to read from multiple lists from unrelated site collections, but I don't want to request read access for the entire tenant.

Please modify SharePoint Add-in security so the user has the option grant an Add-in access to multiple lists for which she/he has access across the tenant.

For example:
    If…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  SharePoint Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add Support for Purescript in Addition to Typescript

I want to thank Microsoft for creating TypeScript. As an absentminded person, plain JavaScript drives me nuts. TypeScript is a welcome enhancement to baseline JavaScript; however, I think there might be a better option in development today.

A possible alternative to TypeScript is PureScript. It is a strongly typed "pure" functional language that compiles to JavaScript. Pure functional languages greatly reduce bugs from side effects. Additionally, PureScript has a Haskell like syntax. The "pure" nature of PureScript combined with it's Haskell like syntax may offer advantages that TypeScript cannot currently provide.

Other possible interesting options are to add support for…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  SharePoint Framework  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Eliminate Vulnerabilities in New Yeoman SharePoint Projects

As of August 16, 2019, when I create a new SPFx project via the Yeoman SharePoint Generator, I get a nasty NPM warning that says:
    "found 2012 vulnerabilities (1806 low, 12 moderate, 194 high)"

My understanding is that *most* of these "vulnerabilities" are related to the development environment and will not wind up in production; unfortunately, I don't really have the expertise needed to know that for sure. I'm trusting in Microsoft to provide me with a technology that is safe to use in an enterprise environment. Warning messages like this do not help my confidence.

Please fix the Yeoman…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Extensions: Command Set asynchronous checking for visibility

It would be great to be able to check if a command needs to be visible or not asynchronously, enabling the possibility to use Rest API checks and query user authorizations, list item properties, etc

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Lookup field should allow a default value of "(None)" or blank

Currently forms for lookup fields select the first value in the list as the default value. I would like to have "(None)" or a blank value as the default value, and if it is a required field, not allowing the user so submit form if a valid value is not chosen.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Direct download link for end users

Introduction
    The goal of this research is to get a direct download link.
    There are several ways to do so. Here I describe the methods we tested.
    1. Adding ?Download=1 to the last part of the link. For example suppose you have this link:
    https://TENANT-my.sharepoint.com/:w:/p/pablo/EbC8mWH3mDNNrAnAPK2-aHEBGMStQZWrzj3IF7tGUtf99w
    Then if you want to convert this link into a direct download link it is just a matter of adding ?Download=1 resulting in this link:
    https://TENANT-my.sharepoint.com/:w:/p/pablo/EbC8mWH3mDNNrAnAPK2-aHEBGMStQZWrzj3IF7tGUtf99w?Download=1
    2. Use the download.aspx. Suppose you have the same sharing link than in the Download=1 case. You can take the “sharing id” (EbC8mWH3mDNNrAnAPK2-aHEBGMStQZWrzj3IF7tGUtf99w) and reformat the link using:
    https://TENANT-my.sharepoint.com/personal/pablo_TENANT_com/_layouts/15/download.aspx?share=EbC8mWH3mDNNrAnAPK2-aHEBGMStQZWrzj3IF7tGUtf99w

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  SharePoint APIs (CSOM/REST/Server-side)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. getchanges endpoint should deliver events for new comments, replies and likes

The /getchanges endpoint for lists should also deliver changes for newly added comments, replies and likes on modern SharePoint pages. This is especially vital for eDiscovery use cases

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  SharePoint APIs (CSOM/REST/Server-side)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Option to hide See All

Add an option to hide the See All link from Lists and Document Libraries (and anything else it's on!) in the same way that you can hide the command bar.

I don't want it.
    I don't want to see it.
    It breaks my website.

I should be able to switch it off.

Many thanks!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Remove white box around Lists and Document Libraries

Styling Lists and Document Libraries with JSON results in the content being inside a white box once embedded into a page.

This makes it impossible to use background colours in page sections. You end up with ugly white boxes all over the place.

Please can the default background colour for Lists and Document Libraries be set as transparent, rather than white.

If I want my content in a white box I can add that using JSON. I can't remove a white box when the box being made white is outside the scope of the JSON.

Either change the default to…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add the css for 'text-overflow' in Column Formatter.

I want to truncate the string which crosses the width and add '...' at the end. Currently I am able to do that except for adding the '...'. It can be done if the column formatter supports 'text-overflow: ellipsis'.

64 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Provide Batch REST API support for cross site and Sub Sites collection in Single Request

Currently, Batch REST API Only works with a single Site collection or subsite requests data with single request.

We are not able to access data from multiple site collection or subsites using Single Batch REST API.

e.g. There are sites A, B, C and I want to get site pages library data in a single request using Batch REST API

So this type of request is very important which is not supported.

Please provide support for this.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Microsoft 365 Learning Pathways: Add MFA Support

Please add support for Multi Factor Authentication (MFA) with Microsoft 365 Learning Pathways (https://github.com/pnp/custom-learning-office-365). Specifically, update M365lpConfiguration.ps1 (https://github.com/pnp/custom-learning-office-365/blob/master/webpart/M365lpConfiguration.ps1) with a Switch parameter to use MFA (-UseMfa). When the switch is provided, use the -UseWebLogin parameter with Connect-PnPOnline instead the -Credentials parameter. Also, use Parameter Sets to only require the $Credentials object (and ask for them if not supplied) when the MFA switch is not used.

Do the same with TelemetryOptOut.ps1 (https://github.com/pnp/custom-learning-office-365/blob/master/webpart/TelemetryOptOut.ps1)

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Allow extension of SharePoint Settings menu

On SharePoint sites there is a settings menu (gear icon) in the top right corner. It would be great to add our own settings menu items to this menu that would open a panel with options.
    These settings would be per site collection like for example the "change the look" settings. The settings could be saved in the property bag of the site or a hidden list in the site and should easily be retrievable by SPFx components.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow SPFx full page webparts to provide an image, and a flag to render in preview mode

When creating a new page from an SPFx full-page enabled web part, the developer cannot provide an image to the page template.
    Also the preview renders the web part as a new web part with no properties in the preview page - it would be great to have a context-flag telling the developer to render with sample data so that the preview will be a fully-configured web part and not an empty web part.

Most web parts render a stub message when not configured, like "please select a list" or something like that, so the preview isn't helpful at all.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. There is no way I can install apps using CSOM like we can do using PnP core for Sharepoint online.

There is no way I can install apps using CSOM like we can do using PnP core for Sharepoint online.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Use Substring of a text field in column formatter

I want to create a simple hyperlink formatting for a column, but I need it to append only the first 8 characters of a text field to the hyperlink URL.

Currently the HREF is "='https://team.sharepoint.com/sites/site/SiteAssets/ShopView.aspx?Shop='; + @currentField"

I need only the left 8 characters of @CurrentField.

I tried left(@currentField,8) or @currentFIeld.substring(0,7), but neither worked.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Reliable CDN for SharePoint assets (e.g. sp.js)

Not sure if this is one for the Dev team but, it would be really nice to have a reliable CDN where we can reference SharePoint assets like sp.js etc.

It seems that when using for example the following in an extension config.json:
    "path": "https://static.sharepointonline.com/bld/_layouts/15/16.0.8824.1211/SP.js",

That older versions are not maintained and are deleted (randomly without warning, yay).

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add refresh list item method in command set

Add a method to the BaseListViewCommandSet to enable a item (or list view) refresh to be performed.

So typical use case: Need a button to do something to the selected list item(s), once done the values of that item are changed and need refreshing. Currently location.reload(); needs to be called in all of my command sets once the operation is complete. Urgh.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. set-pnpsite lockstate

It would be nice if Set-PnpSite -LockState supported the option "ReadOnly" like Set-SpoSite does

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Expose Pnp spfx webpart title as a dynamic property in Dynamic Connection.

Currently default web part's Title property is provided in the dynamic data connection, Requesting PNP spfx webpart title (custom webpart title property -> https://sharepoint.github.io/sp-dev-fx-controls-react/controls/WebPartTitle/) to expose in dynamic Connection.

Raise issue reference : https://github.com/SharePoint/sp-dev-docs/issues/4241
    Topic Reference: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint/dev/spfx/dynamic-data

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 15 16
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base