SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

SharePoint Dev Platform

Welcome! This is your place to suggest ideas or vote for ideas for improving the SharePoint Dev Platform.

How to submit a new idea

1. Check if it's already been suggested. If it has, vote for it.
  2. If it's new, submit it in 50 words or less.
  3. Gather support!
  4. If your idea receives over 100 votes in 90 days, we will respond.
    If not, we will close it.

Want to engage further? Please visit the SharePoint Community

Note: we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

I suggest you ....

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Enable support for lookup columns in REST API calls

Hi

I am facing an error while retriving the list items using GET Call

I am not able to get my lookedup column values and not able to expand them

Please make this available ASAP

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Add support to create list / document library based on custom template to REST API

If I save list as template I cannot use this template to create new list via REST API because it does not accept template name as input parameter: This is possible in CSOM by passing ListTemplate parameter (https://sharepoint.stackexchange.com/questions/255947/creating-a-document-library-from-custom-template-with-folder-structure-inside-us)

In REST it is possible just to pass ListTemplateTypeKind as BaseTemplate parameter and there is no parameter for custom template name so it is not possible to create new list/library based on custom template (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint/dev/sp-add-ins/working-with-lists-and-list-items-with-rest)

40 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Add modern webservice API functionality to supported API as graph

There are two modern webservices used in SharePoint for getting followed sites, frequented sites, news posts, etc for the current user. As asked about on Github (https://github.com/SharePoint/sp-dev-docs/issues/1689) and as mentioned in this uservoice (https://sharepoint.uservoice.com/forums/329220-sharepoint-dev-platform/suggestions/34075903-api-support-for-followed-sties) a bunch of folks would like to have some kind of official support/usage for this. If this is not possible, we would like to ask to add these functions to Graph / SharePoint REST

42 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Add ability to get Top Search Queries using CSOM / Search API in SharePoint Online

Right now we are not able to get Top Search Queries to display on a SharePoint page dynamically. I know the content is available under Popularity and Search Reports but it would be helpful to the end users if we could show them on a page. Not sure if this is an existing functionality as I've tried a lot and failed.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. _vti_bin/ directory susceptible for html content injection attack with op parameter

Sharepoint should perform input validation on op parameter in URL for services under _vti_bin/ directory. Currently, it allows client input to be printed directly in the response

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. CustomActionGroup missing from CSOM

The UserCustomAction class is available in CSOM but i can't find an equivalent for CustomActionGroup. This is preventing my organization from adding a Custom Group to the Site Settings page. Without this functionality , we could be forced to inject our custom actions into an existing group.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Send 403 instead of 401 error on REST XHR to prevent credential prompt.

Currently SharePoint will prompt for credentials when a RESTful request is made by a user that does not have access for this content. This will allow JavaScript code to handle access denied (403 Forbidden) error programmatically.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Ability to configure CORS in SPSite

Make an admin page to configure CORS to allow other sites to make calls with creds, you could have url pattern matching too so that you could allow calls to just one page or list.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. DisableAppView seems to be not working

This post may be duplicated but I was able to disable Flow menu on SharePoint lists using SiteProperties.DisableFlows but not PowerApps using SiteProperties.DisableAppView. Any suggestions?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Include the Original Document GUID in the RecycleBinItem Object

When attempting to retrieve a document from the recycle bin it would be helpful to be able to retrieve the document GUID. Currently, the Id in the Recycle Bin item is different than the document id. We have references to the document Id and would like to check the recycle bin to see if they were moved there

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. SharePoint CSOM/Rest EnsureUser multiple users per query

It'd be nice to have the ability to ensure multiple users at once working properly.
    More context https://github.com/SharePoint/sp-dev-docs/issues/3191

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. GET _api/web/SiteGroups(<id>)

GET _api/web/SiteGroups(<id>) shows outdated information in Site group description filed

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add bulk update custom user properties to on-premises

Please add bulk update custom user properties to on-premises so that we can eliminate FIM/MIM and streamline the process of getting HR and other external data into user profile properties in SharePoint on-premises

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Bug In webAnalytics APT

I am trying to get daily and monthly hit count using below functions. It always returns 0 though TotalHit has value.
    Microsoft.SharePoint.Client.Search.Analytics.AnalyticsItemData eachListItemAnalyticsData = UsageAnalyticsObj.GetAnalyticsItemData(1, oListItem);

eachListItemAnalyticsData.GetHitCountForMonth(DateTime.Now)
    eachListItemAnalyticsData.GetHitCountForDay(DateTime.Now)

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Allow Graph API to Query URIs with .aspx extensions

I'm trying to do a GET request against a sharepoint site when the URI has a .aspx extension. For example if I do 'GET https://graph.microsoft.com/v1.0/sites/hostname.sharepoint.com:/sites/blablabla/UK'; this populates a response fine, but if I do 'GET https://graph.microsoft.com/v1.0/sites/hostname.sharepoint.com:/sites/blablabla/UKDTAppKZ/something.aspx'; then I get a 404 error suggesting this site doesn't exist. Could we get some support for Graph API GET queries with sharepoint .aspx extensions?

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add support for SPList.GetItemsWithUniquePermission() in Rest\CSOM

We have business requirement to search all unique permission from SharePoint site or OD4B, and now we need to query the list item one by one which is not efficient, and cause unused requests to SharePoint Online if the list item doesn't have unique permission. So please think about how to scan all unique permission list items in Rest or CSOM API.

Thank you very much.
    Long

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add logic to check if Automatic / Manual Site Storage limits is set for Tenant in CSOM

At the moment there is no possibility to check if the tenant quota management is set to automatic or manual (Site storage limits) in CSOM.

Please add an new property to Microsoft.Online.SharePoint.TenantAdministration.Tenant to get and set the quota mode.

Example:

Tenant.StorageQuotaMode = StorageQuotaMode.Automatic
    Tenant.StorageQuotaMode = StorageQuotaMode.Manual

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Parameter for passing specific Site Design in Modern Team site Creation

While creating the Modern communication site programmatically through Rest API/ Graph API there is a parameter available to choose the site design.

Title = "title
    Description = "description
    AllowFileSharingForGuestUsers = false
    Classification = "classification"
    SiteDesign = CommunicationSiteDesign.Topic

But while creating the modern team site programmatically there is no option to choose the Site Design, by default it is picking up the default Site Design. Even though we can create multiple site script and site design for Teams site, we are not able to specify a site design at the time of provisioning the Group.
    Is there any possibility to choose…

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. getFileByServerRelativeUrl with # in file name

Posted here per request at https://github.com/SharePoint/sp-dev-docs/issues/2630#issuecomment-425349455.

Expected or Desired Behavior
    I'd be able to fetch file using getFileByServerRelativeUrl even if file name contains hash (#).

Observed Behavior
    https://tenant.sharepoint.com/sites/mysc/_api/web/getFileByServerRelativeUrl('%2Fsites%mysc%mydoclib%2Ffolder1%2Ffolder2%2Ffolder3%2F6Doc%23%3B%20Project%20Name.XLS')/$value returns SPException The file /sites/mysc/mydoclib/folder1/folder2/folder3/6Doc#; Project Name.XLS does not exist.

Steps to Reproduce
    I have file in /sites/mysc/mydoclib/folder1/folder2/folder3/6Doc#; Project Name.XLS. I need to get hold of the file (in order to copy it to another site collection), so in my SPFx web part I do

let file = sourceWeb.getFileByServerRelativeUrl(f.Path);
    file.getBlob().then(blob => {
    // deal with the file
    });
    where f.Path is encodeURIComponent'ed path of the file, so in the end it…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Provide mass transit option for uploading gigabytes of files quickly.

429 errors on mass uploads. Please provide a mass transit option for uploading gigabytes of files quickly.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base