SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

SharePoint Dev Platform

Welcome! This is your place to suggest ideas or vote for ideas for improving the SharePoint Dev Platform.

How to submit a new idea

1. Check if it's already been suggested. If it has, vote for it.
  2. If it's new, submit it in 50 words or less.
  3. Gather support!
  4. If your idea receives over 100 votes in 90 days, we will respond.
    If not, we will close it.

Want to engage further? Please visit the SharePoint Community

Note: we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. $market

money market

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  SharePoint Documentation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Admin Site Search Experience Web Part

The SharePoint Admin center has a fantastic List experience for searching across all sites and doing quick filtering.

A web part generally available like this would be great for tenants with lots of Sites, or Hub Sites with lots Sites associated (100s-1000s). A typical use case would be to add it to the Homepage of a Hub Site so users can filter over all the associated sites. Similarly could be used on the Intranet home to search across all Sites a User has access to.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  SharePoint Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. More Accessible On/Off

SharePoint seems to be backwards in Accessibility. The framework seems to be accessibility last, rather than accessibility first. I am working on making our content more accessible, and find it somewhat confusing that there is even a mode to switch to rather than simply enabling by default. Is there a way for us to turn on accessibility by default in the SharePoint Online administrator settings?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  SharePoint Framework  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. I am no one here, but my idea is bit of new ms-batch that is used from inside of normal audio mp3 as data batch that can do multitask

use any normal mp3 audio data box where normal ms-batch is then stored inside, and rename mp3 format to batch that will then be read back by ms-apps.
    just some new bit of MS users idea.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. I want to develop SP2016 web parts in visual studio on Windows 10 PC and deploy onto SharePoint Server like I did in SP 2010. How?

Why is it so hard to find information? I want to develop SP2016 web parts in visual studio on Windows 10 and deploy into SharePoint Server Farm. I was able to do this in SP 2010. How to and where are the instructions? This shouldn't be that hard? Why do I need a 2008 server to develop/build SP 2013 or SP 2016 web parts? Makes no sense?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  SharePoint Documentation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow to hide field in OOTB Display form

The configuration of the editform and dispform forms are shared. You cannot hide a field in the dispform only.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. SharePoint Site Design extremely slow

Applying site designs can be fast sometimes, but most of the times it is extremely slow………
    Even the simplest Site Designs (creating a few additional document libraries) takes ages to complete.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Site Scripts & Site Designs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Update @microsoft/sp-office-ui-fabric-core to depend on office-ui-fabric-core V-10.0.0 or higher+

So I have been doing a lot of digging into which version of office-ui-fabric-core SharePoint uses. Turns out that it uses office-ui-fabric-core V-9.6.1 which if you are aware was released before Fluent Design Language was a thing. Now I get that sharepoint doesn't fully use Fluent Design Language, but because all documentation on Fluent points to UI Fabric Core and the documentation for SPFx does too it leads to a lot of confusion since a lot was added starting with version 10.0.0 of office-ui-fabric-core. Now I get that we could simply clarify the documentation for SPFx so that it mentions…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. create list template

Ability to create list/library template using XML via site script

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Site Scripts & Site Designs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Improve the field lookup in rest calls.

When doing a lookup to another list item, Fields like Choice, lookup to lists from another site, users, and many other are not available and developers are forced to make several calls to get the information that could be received in one.

Also lookedUp fields are not refreshed when making a second call if the item has changed sending incorrect information the the user.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  SharePoint APIs (CSOM/REST/Server-side)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add background image on main site header row

Ability to use a background image on the main site header row

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. SharePoint modern page template error when accessing model details panel

Hi, I just want to submit a bug with the modern page template.
    When creating a site in another language than English (Example french), the site pages templates folder will be named "Modèles" in french. When you edit a page template and access the details panel to display the properties, it will throw an error.

My solution was not rename the "Modèles" folder by "Templates" and everything is fine now.

I've reproduce the issue on 2 tenants.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. make SetComplianceTagWithExplicitMetasUpdate an external method that does not error out upon usage

this method exists but it is poorly documented and some have claimed its for internal use only...also document the ComplianceFlag paramater and what the internal ENUMs are

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  SharePoint APIs (CSOM/REST/Server-side)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Be able to embed 360 images into sharepoint pages

Have the ability to add 360 images. Be able to set "north" and some basic settings. (autospin etc) and also be able to resize the image for your page.

45 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Multi-Geo for ISV Tenants

We are an ISV and are seeing new customers who have Multi-Geo enabled tenants. We are wondering how we can get Multi-Geo activated for our tenant so we can develop and test our solution on Multi-Geo environments. The minimum requirement that is put on customers is 500 users, as an ISV we will not get to that number of users in our tenant.

Any advise how we can develop and test against Multi-Geo is appreciated.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add single spacing option to SharePoint modern form

It appears that there is no option to control space settings within a form. The default seems to be 1.5 spacing instead of single spaced. This is problematic when emailing a form as the text appears wider spaced than it needs to be. The GUI should include a spacing option.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add CSS grid support for View Formatting

It makes sense that column formatting does not use CSS grids but view formatting could really stand to support them. This would allow people to use grids to make custom lists view formats and expand the use cases of lists by modifying the layout to a much higher degree.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. SharePoint Online File Viewer webpart connect to custom data source

Now only Document Library web part can connect as data source to the SharePoint File viewer web part. Can you make it extensible so SharePoint Online File Viewer web part can be connect to custom web parts. This will allow people to build different applications using File Viewer web part.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  SharePoint Framework  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Organize/Tag Demos

Wealth of knowledge in Community Demos. Help me find that knowledge often buried within. Perhaps with tagging - Audience - Dev/ITPro/Citizen, App compatibility, Product type, Release cycle stage, Currency - current/archive... Alternatively discover through transcripts and text search.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Expertese finder

Community Category - Experts

There are experts in this community, CLI - Waldek, PowerShell - Erwin or Todd Klindt, Bots - Andrew Clear, Power Apps - Shane Young or Todd Baginski, Graph - Darrel or Jeremy, Flow - John Liu, List Formatting - Chris, etc.... Allow experts who care to share to declare themselves.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base