SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

SharePoint Dev Platform

Welcome! This is your place to suggest ideas or vote for ideas for improving the SharePoint Dev Platform.

How to submit a new idea

1. Check if it's already been suggested. If it has, vote for it.
  2. If it's new, submit it in 50 words or less.
  3. Gather support!
  4. If your idea receives over 100 votes in 90 days, we will respond.
    If not, we will close it.

Want to engage further? Please visit the SharePoint Community

Note: we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Have a csom command to get current user timezone without to need peoplemanager permissions.

A ph app installed with reasonable permissions can t access people managerm.
    We need a csom command to get current user timezone to get bias and daylight values.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  SharePoint APIs (CSOM/REST/Server-side)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. A simple way to export group members to an Excel file.

Current too complicated for average user.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Site Scripts & Site Designs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Conditionally show or hide columns in a SharePoint list or library NEW, Edit & DISPLAY forms

The new feature "Conditionally show or hide columns in a SharePoint list or library form" is great when working with the VIEW form: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint/dev/declarative-customization/list-form-conditional-show-hide#specify-conditional-formula-to-show-or-hide-columns

Can this feature be extended to include NEW, EDIT and DISPLAY forms?

It would not replace PowerApp forms, but rather give editors and site owners ability to add very basic logic into their SharePoint forms.

For example: =if([$Category]=='Product Management','true', 'false')
    If this formula were applied to a field in a NEW or EDIT form (of a SharePoint list or Library), then the field would only be visible when the Category field’s value was set to ‘Product…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. create list template

Ability to create list/library template using XML via site script

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Site Scripts & Site Designs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Custom error message for Sharepoint Add in when the app is down and 502 (bad gateway) error is returned.

There will be instances when our app goes down. In such cases, when the end user tries to access a Sharepoint website where the add-in is added as a web-part, they see a 502 error. Instead, would it be possible to add a custom error message that can be configurable through the manifest file?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  SharePoint Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Surface ListViewCommandSet commands on the preview pane for documents

In Modern Document Libraries we have the Preview option in the ECB that opens the document in the Browser. While Previewing the document it seems we have SOME of the option that are present in the ECB for the item in the list view (Share, copy link, download,Copy To, and Version History) displayed at the top of the page.

It would be great if we could have our own commands surfaced at the top of this preview page as well.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  SharePoint Framework  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. view format comment

Please change the JSON parser for view and column formatting to use JSON with comments. I'd like to make a few notes in the JSON and at this point I'd have to create a hidden field to do it.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Embedding of iFrames doesn't allow customizing of zoom %. To obviate need to scroll, customizing zoom % view would be helpful.

Existing iFrame embed add-in doesn't allow customizing of zoom %. To obviate need for scrolling horizontally or vertically, customizing zoom % for viewing of smaller web parts would be helpful. (Tried CSS links and JS scripts but they are stripped out of HTML by SP 2013.)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Fully client-side deployments without App permissions

All of the scaffolding solutions you have tutorials for require the ability to package and deploy using SharePoint Apps uploader & deployer. That step is by definition not client-side because SharePoint administrators must upload it to their App system which resides on the server-side.

What if I need to scaffold solutions locally then move them into an on-premises SharePoint 2013 site that does not permit Apps? Am I just going to have to undo all the work you have done by recodingit into the older fashion deployment for the script editor?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Cache problem code changes don't get reflected but only after multiple Cntrl+F5 and Data Sources Refreshings.

Cache problem code changes don't get reflected but only after multiple Cntrl+F5 and Data Sources Refreshings.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Remove the 5000 View Threshold for REST API or CSOM

There is no need to limit View Threshold when querying against REST or CSOM. Remove the Threshold in order to pull large data.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  SharePoint APIs (CSOM/REST/Server-side)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Streamline new webpart generation by asking fewer questions

When generating a new webpart, I'm asked for solution name (which as far as I can tell is only used to create folder if I don't use the existing current folder). Instead, I'd like to be asked first which folder I'd use and if I elect to use the current folder, no prompt for solution name needs to be shown. Same goes for component type when I'm targeting SP16 as that's the only option. WebPart Description can be skipped entirely and it is editable afterwards anyways. That's 3 questions instead of 6.

While this is partially possible by using parameters,…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Error when update of List Settings through web service ( List.asmx)

I am trying to update AllowMultiResponses survey list settings through list.asmx web-service and I have used and refereed this URL https://piyushksingh.com/tag/lists-asmx/ , but I have to update AllowMultiResponses settings only but not able to archive so it this possible if yes then how ?

CODE:

using (var ctx = new ClientContext(tenant))

{

//Provide count and pwd for connecting to the source

var passWord = new SecureString();
    foreach (char c in passwordString.ToCharArray()) passWord.AppendChar(c);
    ctx.Credentials = new SharePointOnlineCredentials(userName, passWord);

// Actual code for operations

Web web = ctx.Web;
    ctx.Load(web);
    ctx.ExecuteQuery();
    Console.WriteLine(string.Format("Connected to site with title of {0}", web.Title));

CamlQuery query = new…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Intercept page events, such as publish and save

When a page event occurs. Allow the webpart to get this action and dismiss it, e.g. ‘No you can’t publish this page until this property is equal to x’

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. DITA authoring using SharePoint and Word Master/Sub Documents

DITA authoring is used primarily for documentation, when multiple authors are working on different components, often with an approval workflow. It is very useful for producing agendas and minutes for government or board meetings, technical documentation of various sorts.
    DITA environments have two key parts: a library of document "components", and a container for a "map" that collects and orders those components into a publishable document. The final product is output to various formats, typically PDF, e-Book or html.
    There are already DITA authoring tools that use MS Word as the base authoring platform (Quark, DITA Exchange), because most authors…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. powershell cmdlet to re-grant add-in permission

We usually do content restore on a weekly for our BCP sites. Each we do content db restore, add-in seem to lose its granted permissions. we would like to be able to re-grant the add-in permissions via powershell.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add-ins Read Perms for Multiple Lists

When I create an Add-in, I can request Read permission for a single SharePoint List in the AppManifest.xml file. Later, when the user installs my Add-in, SharePoint asks her/him for the name of exactly one list to grant my Add-in read access.

I want my Add-in to have the ability to read from multiple lists from unrelated site collections, but I don't want to request read access for the entire tenant.

Please modify SharePoint Add-in security so the user has the option grant an Add-in access to multiple lists for which she/he has access across the tenant.

For example:
    If…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Fix the dynamically generated css class for Provider Hosted Apps

Since May 2018 using the SharePoint theme in a Provider Hosted App has been broken.
    See GitHub issue https://github.com/SharePoint/sp-dev-docs/issues/1793

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. More Accessible On/Off

SharePoint seems to be backwards in Accessibility. The framework seems to be accessibility last, rather than accessibility first. I am working on making our content more accessible, and find it somewhat confusing that there is even a mode to switch to rather than simply enabling by default. Is there a way for us to turn on accessibility by default in the SharePoint Online administrator settings?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  SharePoint Documentation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base