SharePoint Dev Platform

I suggest you ....

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Extensions: Support Development in Local Workbench

Today, application extensions in SPFx (command sets, application customizers & field customizers) can't be tested within either the local or SharePoint Online hosted workbench. This is a bummer and a big step backwards to such a cool aspect to the development story with SPFx.

I get that you need a list to work with, but at a minimum, the workbench could have a static list with static data and no other functionality for us to test the customizations on.

My wish is that Microsoft adds support to the workbench for extensions before GA.

67 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      4 comments  ·  SharePoint Framework  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • onDelete Method for SPFx web part

Provide an onDelete() method that occurs when a web part is deleted from a page. This will allow for the web part to remove any files related to the instance being deleted.

See discussion on:
      https://github.com/SharePoint/sp-dev-docs/issues/289

18 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        1 comment  ·  SharePoint Framework  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback! We like your suggestion and it’s being added to our backlog. We don’t have yet specific schedule for this, but item has been added to upcoming plans for the SPFx and since request does make sense and has been requested from other sources as well, this will be most likely implemented.

• Allow for admins to specify CDN location when installing SPFx App package

I'd like to have the option for an admin to 1) load upp the script and other resources in a customer owned or managed CDN location and 2) allow the admin to specify that location when adding the .sppkg file into the app catalog.
        This would allow for more flexible usage of SPFx applications and also allow enterprises to have better governance of the script resources - which would increase the adoption of SPFx and also allow ISV's to create more solutions.

16 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          in the plans  ·  2 comments  ·  SharePoint Framework  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base