SharePoint Dev Platform

I suggest you ....

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add support for Single Page Applications to the SharePoint Framework

Angular2 provides an excellent user experience, especially when tied to Bootstrap (v3 or v4) suitable for creating immersive experiences where the whole of the SharePoint chrome is replaced (other than the top bar).

However integrating it with the SharePoint REST API framework is cumbersome and unless extensive work is undertaken to mock SharePoint the unit testing and rapid deployment is very unpleasant if possible at all.

The SharePoint framework provides a rapid deployment and unit testable mechanism for developing SharePoint functionality but is limited to single web parts.

Please extend the model so that it can be used to create…

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      0 comments  ·  SharePoint Framework  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • REST API citizenship! (surface, roadmap and change log)

Besides the lack of detailed documentation around the REST API, given its importance as a major entry point for apps, it needs to be treated with more respect as a service offering. It's currently being updated in CUs and on SharePoint online without any notification of the changes being made (such as the $metadata endpoint appearing - was it in the August 2013 CU for on-prem?). We either need it to be released in a non-breaking change model (URL versioning such as the Twilio model), or messaging needs to be improved so we know when things are going to be…

178 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
      • Make it easier to develop javascript based web parts

Provide a better story than App Parts or Script Editors for custom web part development. I'd like to see a javascript based web part framework that would allow developers to build in their own "Editor Parts" using javascript and allow for serialization of web part properties (perhaps stored as JSON string).

Too much overhead with App Parts, and also they require iframe usage. Script Editors are a bit "wild west" and don't provide structure for editing custom properties.

219 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
        • Allow SharePoint Sites created via O365 Groups to be managed in SharePoint Admin Center

Each Office365 Group creates a new SharePoint Site, this is not currently shown in the Sharepoint Admin Center so it is not possible to manage specific sharing rules, storage and compute quotas and other advanced settings. Such sites should appear in the Site Collection lists to be manageable.

29 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            3 comments  ·  SharePoint Framework  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base