SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

I suggest you ....

Add managed metadata term store operations to REST API

Currently term store operations are only available via JSOM. It would be nice to see this added to the REST API as well.

1,466 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Corey Roth shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback! Just a note to let you know that we’re building your suggestion now. We do apologize for the delay on getting this moving, but we are now working on exposing term store operation properly with REST API/Microsoft Graph. We will be covering any updates on the API status, before the actual release, in the SharePoint Dev community calls. Thanks, everyone for your input around this capability.

30 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • iDris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm really surprised this is not possible. If MS SharePoint wants to be a modern development platform, it does need support for REST API for its most important features and Managed Metadata is one of them...

• John Guilbert commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We defo need this. Getting a lot of customers asking now for more Meta-data driven solutions. Big Data has started with my clients.

• John Moore commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For SharePoint to be taken seriously as an ECM (Enterprise Content Management) platform in my organization, this needs to implemented. With out it, developers will lag in building document integrations to SharePoint, which will make it challenging for end users to accept it for ECM.

• Joseph H Ackerman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Come on folks, this is REALLY IMPORTANT. Not thrilled about having to do JSOM calls in project that is already using PnP. We should be able to use just one to accomplish all the tasks. Please get the REST API for querying Managed Metadata released soon, we all really need it.

• Matt - SPS Williams commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Wow over a year in the backlog and still no further on. Come on guys, stop with all the fluffiness that you're decorating Office 365 with and fill in these glaring holes in functionality

• Martin Coupal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

More than a year for this BIG hole in the SharePoint REST API. This would be understandable if people where not really using term store but I don't think that is the case....

• Anthony Di Leonardo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There is a lot of need for this in records management and other processes that implement retention policies. In order to move from the terms as being part of a taxonomy and more or less a autonomy, this will be necessary.

• Rafael Rocha commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What else do we need to do in order to make this happen? This has been the most voted suggestion for over an year and still nothing.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Happy birthday #1 requested feature : 1 year unattended ! (Created the 6 June 2016)

What's the point to set a uservoice if no one is listening ? I'd rather talk to wall and expect more results...

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A good architect always finish the foundation before adding new layers : Please set your priorities right

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base