(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Shaun Becker shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

21 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Chris O'Connor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes please ! Looking at an Azure Function using .NET Core - and need to connect with SP Online. CSOM.Core would be great - please !

• Ovan Crone commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think a lot of us are getting a bit antsy since Azure Functions v2 has been released targeting dotnetcore. Any chance of a timeline so that we can start planning when our applications can take advantage of better run-times?

• Michel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Devs,
        It would be great to have some status updates. I expected this to be released or at least announced at Ignite 2018 with an ETA.

It would be great to be able to use CSOM with Azure Functions V2 (especially durable functions) running on the .NET Core framework foundation.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Posted the following comment/question but no comment back from Admin so again ...

Is there any news on when this will be available? The post saying "we're building your suggestion now" was in early April and it's mid-July now so is is close? Thanks!

• Nicholas DiPiazza commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So will this mean that the CSOM license will allow Linux + CSOM to be used?

Because I already have CSOM code that works great in Linux but it's the piece of paper, the license, that makes things not work in Linux for me.

• Chrissy LeMaire commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I created a PowerShell module to help replicate data and include the following DLLs for the greatest coverage:

Version 16.1.7723.1200 of:
        Microsoft.SharePoint.Client.dll
        Microsoft.SharePoint.Client.Portable.dll
        Microsoft.SharePoint.Client.Runtime.dll
        Microsoft.SharePoint.Client.Runtime.Portable.dll

This works 100% with PowerShell v5.1 BOTH onprem and online. This works with PowerShell Core onprem but *not* online. I keep getting: "One or more errors occurred. (The sign-in name or password does not match one in the Microsoft account system.)

Version 16.1.7813.1200 in Core onprem and online gives me the following error:

One or more errors occurred. (The process has no package identity. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80073D54))

Version 16.1.7813.1200 in PowerShell v5.1 works well online and onprem.

Are these known issues? Either way, is this the most appropriate venue to report/track?

Is there any news on when this will be available? The post saying "we're building your suggestion now" was in early April and it's mid-July now so is is close? Thanks!

Does the team has the roadmap about this progress? we currently have a chance to move the .net framework to .net core, but has a deeply dependency on this lib.

• jzn007 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What are you thinking? If you support .net and the efforts points to the .net core or net standard, why you can't support this technologies?

And by the way... SSRS support is needed!!!

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base