I suggest you ....

Extensions: Application Customizer - Additional Placeholders Requested

Today we get PageHead & PageFooter... would like to have BEFORE/AFTER DIV's for `QuickLaunch` & `PlaceholderMain`

Cross-reference:
https://github.com/SharePoint/sp-dev-docs/issues/625

100 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Andrew ConnellAndrew Connell shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback! We’re reviewing your suggestion. We are looking into closely on the input from the community around this and more specifically around the needed scenarios for the placeholders so that we could also potentially provide also specific customizers based on your requests – rather than just having an empty placeholder. Stay tuned!

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Stéphane MagneStéphane Magne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1000, plus other placeholders: site metadata, left navigation override, search bar override. Posted about it on the GH issue.

• Andrew ConnellAndrew Connell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey Pat - posted followup to the GH issue as well as a screenshot there... pointing to that as GH does better job of embedded images.

• Pat Miller (MSFT)Pat Miller (MSFT) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey AC - While I know what you mean here, can you refine this to target the modern experiences? For example, PlaceholderMain is an asp.net masterpage div that doesn't exist in the newer code. Would you think of Pre/Post Placeholdermain to be ContentHeader and ContentFooter (as opposed to PageHeader and PageFooter?

Additionally, how would you expect scrolling to work in this scenario? For example - what should happen with a listview with infinite scroll vs. a page with 500k of text?

Feedback and Knowledge Base