SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

I suggest you ....

Extensions: Application Customizer - Additional Placeholders Requested

Today we get PageHead & PageFooter... would like to have BEFORE/AFTER DIV's for `QuickLaunch` & `PlaceholderMain`

Cross-reference:
https://github.com/SharePoint/sp-dev-docs/issues/625

326 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Andrew Connell shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

16 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anuradha Kumari commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello Team,

Please guide me to customize left navigation in SharePoint Online
    I want to hide existing left navigation and to add my custom webpart and links in default left navigation.
    We can'nt change master page directly in sharepoint online to customize left navigation.
    i tried to customize using SharePoint framework extension and i append my code below search box in left navigation but now a case search box location is changed by Microsoft.
    So can you please guide me particular container control where i can placed my logic and existing navigation i can hide

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why the following only shows Top and Botton?
    console.log(
    "Available placeholders: ",
    this.context.placeholderProvider.placeholderNames
    .map(name => PlaceholderName[name])
    .join(", ")
    );

• Michael Cowley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Out customers often want a custom left/right panel, which additional placeholders here would be beneficial to us delivering SharePoint solutions to our clients.

• Saravanakumar Narayanan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The current architecture of the SPFx Extensions allow for us to populate "Placeholders", such as PageHead and PageFooter with content.

We also need to display properties of a folder in a document library on top of the document library name or next to the document library name or some best place to show the document library folders information which can also be on top of the document library fields.

Above feature can be easily achieved through CEWP and jquery in the classic experience.

• Mark Powney commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@AndrewConnell - can additional commands be added to the modern page authoring experience yet? As far as I can tell the current ListViewCommandSet option in SPFx extensions is limited to list views only?

• Mark Powney commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Could we also have placeholders for CommandBars, or a different way in SPFx (like List View Customizers). Specifically I'm looking to add buttons to the modern Page editing experience CommandBar.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can we extend support for a non-static footer, such as opening up access to PlaceHolderMain or something directly below it? I have a fat footer on my website so I cannot have the content scrolling in a separate pane above it.

• Stéphane Magne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1000, plus other placeholders: site metadata, left navigation override, search bar override. Posted about it on the GH issue.

• Andrew Connell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey Pat - posted followup to the GH issue as well as a screenshot there... pointing to that as GH does better job of embedded images.

• Pat Miller (MSFT) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey AC - While I know what you mean here, can you refine this to target the modern experiences? For example, PlaceholderMain is an asp.net masterpage div that doesn't exist in the newer code. Would you think of Pre/Post Placeholdermain to be ContentHeader and ContentFooter (as opposed to PageHeader and PageFooter?

Additionally, how would you expect scrolling to work in this scenario? For example - what should happen with a listview with infinite scroll vs. a page with 500k of text?

Feedback and Knowledge Base