SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

I suggest you ....

Field Customizer Evolution: Forms, Quick Edit Mode

Please, consider next enhancements to Field Customizer (and Modern List UI):
1. implement modern Quick Edit mode
2. Add "edit" mode to field customizer
3. Make field customizers (both view and edit modes) applicable on forms, panels, quick edit mode, etc.

425 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Alex Terentiev shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We would really need this in a lot of business cases.. powerapps is not enough and slow as soon as you start consuming custom API's with Flow etc on form load to for example hide / disable fields.. Please give us an update on the progress of this item.

• Christopher Gronseth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This right here is one of the reasons my company is stopping modern UI for our customers, powerapps forms is a JOKE, we need this to become a reality!

• Sonyma commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please simply make the new forms extensible same as it was with the classic forms. The #1 advantage of using SharePoint was its extensibility feature...remember?

• Alex K. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Will it be possible to modify values before saving? That would be really nice for a use case we have.

• cbarnes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The ability to configure these fields would be great as well. Maybe a properties panel like the spfx web parts.

• Shai commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't get how this is a user voice suggestion and not the first thing on your plate. Got thousands of customers who can't use the new experience due to this lack of compatibility with customization they rely on, not to mention leaving consultants and vendors to take all the heat.

Feedback and Knowledge Base