I suggest you ....

Add additional permissions to GraphHttpClient

With the graph GQL gone, having this "easy" method to query Graph API directly from SharePoint when already authenticated is a huge must have.

For example I'd ask priority on the permissions that let you fetch Recent Files, Trending Files, Trending People, and Planner tasks for the current user. Those make the most sense to be featured on intranet home pages. We do this currently (and it is quite messy with adal.js, particular when it comes to token refreshes), but has lots of end user value.

I have 4 custom web parts today in a SEWP. One gets recent documents, one
gets trending documents, one gets trending people, and one gets O365 Groups
the user is a part of. 3 of those I could get via GQL (no longer)

Groups I can get via GraphHttpClient token and Graph endpoint today.

I can get the token via adal, but it fails alot, especially in token
renewals.

Getting GraphHttpClient token is easy and never fails from my experience

57 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Brent Ellis shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback! Just a note to let you know that we’re building your suggestion now. This is planned to go live late 2017 or early 2018. Tenant administrator can grant additional scopes to be exposed to the SharePoint Framework solutions. This was announced in the Ignite 2017.

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Ralf Brennscheidt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I highly agree with this. Behind the GraphAPI are the most interesting and exciting features we (the developers) would like to utilize much more without the hassle of fighting with tokens (adal.js). Especially the /beta endpoints.

• Ole Bergtun commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

the dream, but i would really add the possibility for the logged on user to create messages... yes i could use adal, but ... there should be some kind of a graph permissions config file for sharepoint framework fx parts

• Alain commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Congrat to introduce the availability to connect graph ressources more easily (without ADAL).
        GraphHttpClient is currently limited to Groups (not members) et report. It will be very usefull to extend to all graph ressources. Developper could build amazing dashboard with multi origin information.

Feedback and Knowledge Base