I suggest you ....

Add support for recurring events in the REST API

The only way to expand SharePoint events from a calendar is using CAML. There should be a way to retrieve the recurring events fully expanded using REST.

90 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    sympmarcsympmarc shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Dan RussellDan Russell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In addition, please provide the ability to filter events between dates. The irony is that, one can add their own datetime fields to a calendar, assign them the same values as the Start Time/End Time fields, and filter events that way . . . but you can't do it with the ones native to the calendar!

Man, who made this decision?

• Ben SteinhauserBen Steinhauser commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need this added to the set of APIs. My team architects almost lost their minds when I had to explain that an Azure Function had to use SharePoint ASMX endpoints to expand recurring events in a calendar. Give us at least one API that will expand them outside of ASMX or SPOM (SharePoint Object Model). CSOM, REST, or even Microsoft Graph would be great if we could get this data out. Interestingly enough the Microsoft Graph API expands Outlook/Exchange recurring calendar events already out of beta in v1. It works as expected. If you could make sure the SharePoint endpoints have the same functionality it would go a long way.

• Christopher ParkerChristopher Parker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You've got to be kidding me, Microsoft. This has been up here for over a year, is clearly addressing a MASSIVE functional hole in the REST API, has been posted and promoted by a recognized and respected leader in the community, and you guys can't even be bothered to RESPOND to it?

What sort of faith are we supposed to have in the User Voice process if this is the kind of stuff that goes on?

Feedback and Knowledge Base