SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

SharePoint Dev Platform

Welcome! This is your place to suggest ideas or vote for ideas for improving the SharePoint Dev Platform.

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

How to submit a new idea

1. Check if it's already been suggested. If it has, vote for it.
  2. If it's new, submit it in 50 words or less.
  3. Gather support!
  4. If your idea receives over 100 votes in 90 days, we will respond.
    If not, we will close it.

Want to engage further? Please visit the SharePoint Community

Note: we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Modify responsive design modern view

I am using modern sharepoint for our company. I noticed that there is A LOT of space left in blank on the right hand side.

The space on the right hand side of the sharepoint. 1/3 of the space is wasted.

The modern view use responsive design, if your Screen Resolution is higher, you would see the white space, this is by design, which is really BAD and looks unattractive due to so much space wasted.

The suggestion is to get rid of all that blank space and optimize the space like old sharepoint.

Thanks.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  SharePoint Framework  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Workbench by default to view model

SPFx Workbench page to render in view mode by default, not in edit mode.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Eliminate Vulnerabilities in New Yeoman SharePoint Projects

As of August 16, 2019, when I create a new SPFx project via the Yeoman SharePoint Generator, I get a nasty NPM warning that says:
    "found 2012 vulnerabilities (1806 low, 12 moderate, 194 high)"

My understanding is that most of these "vulnerabilities" are related to the development environment and will not wind up in production; unfortunately, I don't really have the expertise needed to know that for sure. I'm trusting in Microsoft to provide me with a technology that is safe to use in an enterprise environment. Warning messages like this do not help my confidence.

Please fix the Yeoman…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Add Support for Purescript in Addition to Typescript

I want to thank Microsoft for creating TypeScript. As an absentminded person, plain JavaScript drives me nuts. TypeScript is a welcome enhancement to baseline JavaScript; however, I think there might be a better option in development today.

A possible alternative to TypeScript is PureScript. It is a strongly typed "pure" functional language that compiles to JavaScript. Pure functional languages greatly reduce bugs from side effects. Additionally, PureScript has a Haskell like syntax. The "pure" nature of PureScript combined with it's Haskell like syntax may offer advantages that TypeScript cannot currently provide.

Other possible interesting options are to add support for…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Extension - Application Customizer footer not rendered correctly on Iphone when using sharepoint App

Extension - Application Customizer footer not rendered correctly on Iphone when using sharepoint App
    We have build Application customizer footer. The footer is working fine on all mobile browser, but there is issue when we are using Sharepoint App to open the site. Footer is not rendering correctly(somewhere middle of the screen). But on mobile browser from Iphone itself, it is working fine. There is challenge in rendering when we are using Sharepoint App. I have already raised this concern to Microsoft team. But sharepoint online support team told me o raise this concern to your forum. From sharepoint app,…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Increase webpack speed based on git modified files

To increase the webpack speed, MS could change the webpack logic to build only web parts that were modified recently (based on git status) when gulp serve command is running.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add @microsoft/sp-dialog confirm dialog

Please add Dialog.confirm box with OK Cancel buttons (same as window.confirm).

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Add "Pre/Post task" hooks for gulp build rig

When running a gulp task, I frequently have tasks I want to perform BEFORE the task runs. Considering there are now hooks to add sub-tasks before/after the build, the bundle, typescript, and you can hook into the webpack configuration, it would make sense to me to add a hook so you can add a "pre (or post) task" hook. A subtask that runs BEFORE/AFTER everything else does.

I use this especially when running 'gulp serve', to start a proxy service that allows me to use live sharepoint data while using the local workbench. However, I frequently want to use different…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. SharePoint Online File Viewer webpart connect to custom data source

Now only Document Library web part can connect as data source to the SharePoint File viewer web part. Can you make it extensible so SharePoint Online File Viewer web part can be connect to custom web parts. This will allow people to build different applications using File Viewer web part.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add event callback function properties to Property Pane control options interfaces

The IPropertyPaneButtonProps interface exposes an onClick property which can be set to the name of a callback function that can be executed when a user clicks on the button in the property pane.

I am requesting that you implement callbacks for the other kinds of controls in the property pane so that we can customize the response to changes in those controls. Examples:

CheckBox, Toggle: onStateChange(state)
    Dropdown List, Choice Group: onSelectedItemChange(selectedItem)
    and so on...

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. App catalog Trust prompt for external dependencies too in the SharePoint Framework

It would be great if all the referenced external dependencies (scripts) were listed in the trust prompt in the app catalog,
    eventually the same for scripts dynamically loaded through the SPComponentLoader with the external scripts dynamically loaded should be declared.
    This would prevent any way of code "injection" without the explicit consent of the app catalog administrator

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  SharePoint Framework  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. SharePoint Framework Property Pane Enhancements

Please, add next features to Property Pane Groups:
    1. Allow add 'information' to the group - for example, render 'i' icon on the right side of group title and display the information on hover.
    2. for displayGroupsAsAccordion=true add an option to collapse all other groups when one is being expanded like it usually happens in accordeon

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. SPFX > Use query builder in Propertypane

I would like to use the SharePoint Query builder. As we are used to have in the Web-part properties (like the CEWP).
    In SPFX I would like to use it in the Propertypane of a SPFX webpart.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add build parameters for overriding default config.json and package-solution.json locations

Currently SPFx build process assumes that project only has one config.json and one package-solution.json file. For projects that are deployed to multiple tenants this limitation should be removed.

Easiest way would be to add some build parameters that can be used to override locations of those files. e.g.
    gulp package-solution --ship -solutionfile mycustomfolder/package-client1.json

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Allow optional permissions to webApiPermissionRequests so admin can approve some

Allow users to specify multiple permissions in webApiPermissionRequests that admin can approve only some of them (not all or nothing).

Also would be great if the application can request more/different permissions based on user configuration during runtime:
    Make a request to resource X
    Get access denied
    Prompt the user and open a new "request" for that resource during runtime

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. SPFx Customizer needs List Permissions to view Data

Using SPFx App Customizer I'm using a _fetchFromSPList() call to populate a MegaMenu (MM) from a SharePoint list onto modern pages. Site Owner permissions can see the MM from any modern page, list, or library, so no problem there, but users with Member (contribute) permissions and Visitor (read-only) can not see the MM on modern pages, but can see the MM list in Site Contents.

I created a new permission level and assign it to a test user aiming for only Read access to the MM list. But specifically, the "Manage Lists" checkbox must be selected for this user to…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. SP Field Customizer Does not Load on View Change

Expected or Desired Behavior
    SP Field Customizer loads on demand when switching to a view that contains the field and the view renders/displays.

Observed Behavior
    If the initial view loaded contains the custom field then all views that have the custom field render correctly. However, if the initial view does not contain the custom field then when trying to switch to a view that contains the custom column the view does not load. The view id in the query string changes. Views without the custom column will load without a problem.

The following console log is written when clicking the…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Sharepoint JSON formatting: Allow the '+' operator to concatenate strings

Currently the + operator is strictly to operate against two numbers.
    JSON comes from Javascript though, and in the JS world, + also is routinely used to concatenate strings.
    It would be convenient and familiar to be able to use + this way.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  SharePoint Framework  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Please create a Vue.js SPFx Template

Please add in a template for Vue.js to be used for SPFx as the current options are Knockout and React when creating a new web part. Attempting to configure all of the files for Vue.js is cumbersome and frustrating as there are multiple referenced projects that seem to differ from one another and none work for me.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Update Site Contents

Site Contents uses an older version/alternate SPFx framework. There's lots of useful stuff added to the ListView components as well as Extensions not working on these pages. It means that CSS customization we make to Headers etc will not apply on Site Contents.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base