SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

SharePoint Dev Platform

Welcome! This is your place to suggest ideas or vote for ideas for improving the SharePoint Dev Platform.

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

How to submit a new idea

1. Check if it's already been suggested. If it has, vote for it.
  2. If it's new, submit it in 50 words or less.
  3. Gather support!
  4. If your idea receives over 100 votes in 90 days, we will respond.
    If not, we will close it.

Want to engage further? Please visit the SharePoint Community

Note: we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Python - Sharepoint Integration

Lots of people code in Python. I just want to be able to update some sharepoint list data and email all users via workflow with specific A/D or Sharepoint credentials. Please - /please/ - give me the option to not use Sharepoint Designer or Visual Studio. I just want to paste some code into a sharepoint designer window, say it's related to [listx], and all I had to do was "import sharepointdesigner_2013". Doing this would allow grant users a lot more optionality in workflow design, and build transferable skills between a conventional programmer and a no-code analyst.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  SharePoint Framework  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Status message like with SP.UI.Status

It would be good to have a mechanism to show a status message or 'toast' notification - this was easy with SP2010 and SP2013 - using 'SP.UI.Status'.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. change actions from default command

Can the action of a command from the command bar being changed from the default action other then PowerApps? It must something like on this image: https://user-images.githubusercontent.com/16222780/52951824-19514680-3383-11e9-89e3-ec4d1a974009.png

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Differentiate OOTB modern webpart from any custom

There should be some way in UX to differentiate OOTB SPFx web parts from custom web parts. Currently with so much new stuff coming out from SP team it's hard to differentiate if it is a custom web part which was added form a custom solution which we forgot about or it is an OOTB one especially while doing demos.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Include the filter pane in list web parts

Please include the ability to show the filter pane (usually on the right) when a list or library is added to a modern page as a web part.

Users are asking for an easy way to filter.

Clicking on the headings only allows sorting.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Open LookUp column links in Dialogue Box

Currently, the links to items in a LookUp column open in a new tab by default. I think they should instead open in a dialogue box, like the other links to list/library information. Opening in a new tab can cause confusion in the following ways:

1. It requires to the user to navigate away from the current Library/List.

2. The new tab is much larger than a dialogue box, which makes the information more spread out and therefore harder for users to view & process.

3. It is harder for users to identify which items they want to download in the current library/list,…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Use Substring of a text field in column formatter

I want to create a simple hyperlink formatting for a column, but I need it to append only the first 8 characters of a text field to the hyperlink URL.

Currently the HREF is "='https://team.sharepoint.com/sites/site/SiteAssets/ShopView.aspx?Shop=' + @currentField"

I need only the left 8 characters of @CurrentField.

I tried left(@currentField,8) or @currentFIeld.substring(0,7), but neither worked.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Remove white box around Lists and Document Libraries

Styling Lists and Document Libraries with JSON results in the content being inside a white box once embedded into a page.

This makes it impossible to use background colours in page sections. You end up with ugly white boxes all over the place.

Please can the default background colour for Lists and Document Libraries be set as transparent, rather than white.

If I want my content in a white box I can add that using JSON. I can't remove a white box when the box being made white is outside the scope of the JSON.

Either change the default to…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Restrict app-only applications from accessing certain sitecollections

When registering a SharePoint App on tenant level with Sitecollection permissions, all sitecollections can be accessed using an App-Only context in that tenant.

We have lots of customers who want to exclude some sitecollections to be accessed, for example those labeled in AD with a sensitivity label, or tag, or certain URLs.

Please make it possible to support this.
    A good place to do this, is in the Azure Portal.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. edit session expired

When the admin is in edit mode and if the user is inactive
    Currently the page expires and if the user is in their custom apps they lose their settings.
    Is there any handler which will can be invoked inside and handled to do their custom operations ?

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Sync SPFx solution with both extensions and webpart to Teams

The "Sync To Teams" option in the SharePoint App Catalog throws an error if you try to sync a SPFx package with both Extensions and WebParts:

{"error":{"code":"-1, Microsoft.SharePoint.Client.UnknownError","message":{"lang":"en-US","value":"Unknown Error"}}}

It should be possible to sync a SPFx solution package with a mix of Teams components and other components. This will allow us to use our existing SPFx solution packages and not have to create seperate packages for Teams

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Allow us to download a hubsite along with its associated sites as a solution template

I would like to download a hubsite along with its subhub sites as a solution to avoid wasting time in creating the site all over again

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Environment Setup Too Complicated - Citizen Developer

I am a citizen developer and have very little software development background. The SharePoint Dev Platform environment setup is:

(1) Too complicated (installing node.js, gulp, yeoman, dev certificates etc)
    (2) Fills me with fear (e.g. using npm to download hundreds of files from unknown places)

SharePoint is a Microsoft product, development for which should be handled by a development environment installer such as Visual Studio Community Edition. Within Visual Studio Community Edition I should just be able to click 'SharePoint Framework' and the environment should then be setup to support SharePoint Framework development. No command line, no going off to…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow us to create sections and layouts from SPFx app

Please allow us to create sections and layouts on modern pages that we can control with either by user defined ID or class.

By this way, I can have tabbed functionality on modern pages.
    Solution at high level:
    - User can select the tab count from the app
    - Sections are created based on the number
    - User can change the layout too
    - They can add the web parts on corresponding sections

Once user selects the tab, we can display the corresponding section and hide the others.
    Give us a method to create dynamic sections from SPFx app.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Extensions: Command Set Enhancements

It would be great to have next features in Command Set:
    * refresh command UI when it was executed (for example, change its state to 'pressed' or change the title) or any other command was executed as well
    * onDispose method to release resources
    * split buttons support (commands in sub menu)

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  SharePoint Framework  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. SharePoint Extensions on Classic Sites

Please, make it possible to use SharePoint Extensions on Classic sites in order to use common components throughout the tenant. A good example is the Footer, we want to use the same footer so we don't have to build two different components in two different technologies.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Have PropertyFieldListPicker control return list Title

The PropertyFieldListPicker control returns the guid. Please return Title too which is needed for certain SharePoint API calls .

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. SPFX component type for container of other web parts or alternate section format

I'd like to be able to have one web part that shows or hides another web part, or a web part that can contain other web parts. The system has section layouts, now, but I'd like to take that a step further.

This comes up because I've been looking for a solution to have a SharePoint modern page that can switch between two different views to a document library - a custom web part, and the standard web part. When I was trying to find a modern solution, I did see that older versions of sharepoint have had a fairly…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Display Generator version when running the generator

I'd like to see the generator version (1.1, 1.2 etc) when the generator is invoked (in yosay for instance)

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Enable configuring sp-page-context settings on the workbench

when developing spfx webparts that will serve as listforms (for example added to edit form.aspx), we can use sp-page-context splits and splits item to determine the list and item we are working on.

it would be nice if the workbench could let us configure these parameters so that when developing, we could mimic the real environment.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base