SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

SharePoint Dev Platform

Welcome! This is your place to suggest ideas or vote for ideas for improving the SharePoint Dev Platform.

How to submit a new idea

1. Check if it's already been suggested. If it has, vote for it.
  2. If it's new, submit it in 50 words or less.
  3. Gather support!
  4. If your idea receives over 100 votes in 90 days, we will respond.
    If not, we will close it.

Want to engage further? Please visit the SharePoint Community

Note: we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. More Accessible On/Off

SharePoint seems to be backwards in Accessibility. The framework seems to be accessibility last, rather than accessibility first. I am working on making our content more accessible, and find it somewhat confusing that there is even a mode to switch to rather than simply enabling by default. Is there a way for us to turn on accessibility by default in the SharePoint Online administrator settings?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  SharePoint Framework  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Adding a spfx webpart in a dialog/pop up

If there is possibility to add the sharepoint webparts in dialog/callout/pop up, it would be helpful

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. SPFx Teams Personal App, hide app header that contains redundant tab

If developing complex solutions as SPFx Teams Personal Apps, the top header that contains a tab with the name of the app is useless and uses screen real estate without bringing any functionality.
    Further more, if you have custom navigation in your app, it becomes cumbersome.
    I would like the option to hide it and have my personal app, with my custom navigation, occupy the whole available space.

https://user-images.githubusercontent.com/30260770/84480200-db291600-ac9c-11ea-8c72-eb9cbb9a5374.png

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Need SharePointOnlineCredentials to work in Dot Net Core

I really need the SharePointOnlineCredentials class to work in Dot Net Core under CSOM. It is so simple to use, and your work around(s) are complicated and not possible for me. I work for a large company with a large online SharePoint site. The corporation refuses to give out application codes to work around my security, but I can create a user and password to login to the SharePoint site and update files. Why can I not automate this in Dot Net Core? The work around(s) for this one feature are crazy. Days of coding to run into brick walls…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. OOTB SPFX WebParts combination with custom ones documentation

Provide documentation of how we can use OOTB SPFX webparts together with custom ones, in particular connections between webparts.
    e. g. OOTB listview webpart can be a datasourse for OOTB list webpart, but if I need to develop custom list web part I don't have any info on which events and which info I'll receive for it. Of course in this case obviously only on 1 item selection and properties of the item or just id of the list and item... But I think documentation will be helpful, espesially because previous request of open sourcing OOTB webparts was declined.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. workflow

It was mentioned in
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/sharepoint-2010-workflow-retirement-1ca3fff8-9985-410a-85aa-8120f626965f?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US that starting August 1st, 2020, SharePoint 2010 workflows will be turned off for any newly created tenants, workflows will be removed from existing tenants as well.
    It is not clear if this addresses SharePoint add-ins with workflows developed in visual studio.
    also what is the migration plan from these kind of workflows so that we have a packaged solution on appsource?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. An API for fetching the list to which a command extension is attached

Currently when the extension(command set) is used for a list/library, and when the same library view is shown in modern page, the list title returned in a SPFx command set extension refers to the SitePages library when the list is surfaced through a list web part on a site page.

The command set extension is reading the title from this.context.pageContext.list.title.
    Because the page in context comes from the site pages library, this chain will refer to the site pages library.

can we get an API for fetching the list to which a command extension is attached

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Modernize React Framework and Scaffolding

I appreciate what is being provided, allowing development on the front end is great. However it would be nice if the toolset was able to align more closely with modern React development. This request is for 1. at least a fork of the framework provides a more functional API using current React constructs: the choice of modern ECMAScript instead of TypeScript, hooks instead of classes, composition instead of inheritance. 2. And a starter app scaffolded that utilizes this new API to the framework.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Make the gulp run faster

gulp server, bundle, package-solution run slow when 30+ webparts in the same project.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Allow to use or at least find published to Marketplace SPFx solutions on SP2019

Currently it's not possible to find published to Marketplace SPFx solution on SP2019.

It would be good to have possibility to achieve SP2019 users with SPFx solutions that currently published to Marketplace. Such solutions could have description or even links to packages that could be used for SP2019.

Or if it possible - publish process to Marketplace could be extended with additional package that could be used for SP2019

Another idea is to extend SPFx schema additional property - Url to SP2019 package (or to custom page where additional description could be posted for SP2019 users that want to install…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. When you add both a list properties webpart and a file viewer webpart on a single page (in the same section), both do not work.

When you add both a list properties webpart and a file viewer webpart on a single page (in the same section), both do not work. Can this be checked and fixed?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Automated Flow for Collect Feedback to replace the Collect Feedback SharePoint 2010/2013 Workflow for Office documents..

We need an automated Flow for Collect Feedback to replace the Collect Feedback SharePoint 2010/2013 Workflow. I need to route Office documents--specifically, Microsoft Word, or Visio Drawings, Powerpoints, or spreadsheets, to stakeholders (Engineers) for their feedback. Specifically, these are procedure documents that require redlines (Tracked Changes) and the ability for the reviewer to edit/add comments. Word already does that, yes, but I need to be able to run a SharePoint Workflow that is NOT an Approval workflow. It's to be used for collecting redline feedback, reviews, tracked changes, and routing to several users. Not including that Collect Feedback Workflow in…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add web part size information to web part context

Expanding on the WebPartFormFactor concept, it would be great to be able to natively get information about the size of the current web part zone hosting the web part. This would allow us to more easily offer optimised UX based on how the web part is being displayed (eg: if the web part is in a 1/3 or 1/2 width zone, show fewer items per row than if it's full-width).

This can currently be achieved with native JS measuring element widths and resize handlers, but it'd be much cleaner and more reliable to have native integration, especially as more layout…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Fix the problem with multiple line text field entries not appearing as they are written in a native form. This information should export.

enable the multiple text line information to export as is into Excel and interface to it's original entered values, not the code for interoperability.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Māori language

Can we have the Māori language added as an option to the Language Settings of a Site Collections? In Aotearoa New Zealand, the Māori language is experiencing a renaissance and being from a University that is promoting the use of the language it would help a lot if we could have SharePoint sites that utilise the ability to switch from Māori to English.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. BUG Found - Time Zone bug

SYMPTOM:
    - O365 user sfox@kellylyonslaw.com receives and email
    - She then copies (drags / drops) that email into SharePoint Company Docs folder.
    - If the email message is viewed in SharePoint, the date is +7 hours (which is GMT from Arizona). That is, it reflects a 7-hour difference on when the email was received in Outlook
    - As part of diagnoses we have looked at the Email Properties (header) itself within the Outlook 365 Desktop App
    - The Email properties / headers reflect that the Item was received with the same +7-hour difference, too
    - We have verified that the…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 5 6 7 9 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base