SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

SharePoint Dev Platform

Welcome! This is your place to suggest ideas or vote for ideas for improving the SharePoint Dev Platform.

How to submit a new idea

1. Check if it's already been suggested. If it has, vote for it.
  2. If it's new, submit it in 50 words or less.
  3. Gather support!
  4. If your idea receives over 100 votes in 90 days, we will respond.
    If not, we will close it.

Want to engage further? Please visit the SharePoint Community

Note: we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Menu = feedback(slide) on list= ...

We need a betherthan interface.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  SharePoint Framework  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Sharepoint filtering not working in Chrome as of last week and the response is to that Sharepoint only optimized for IE

At the direction of your help staff we use Chrome as our main browser. As of last week, filtering is not working, and when I spoke with two different support from 365 they told me that Chrome will no longer be supported and that we need to switch to IE, which we continually have problems with...locking up constantly.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

As this is missing actual details, we’ll need to close this. There are no details on what filtering this is actually referring to and how it’s not working properly.

Chrome is absolutely supported browser in SharePoint Online and there are no optimizations for IE. This is unfortunately false information which should be corrected.

On the supported browsers in SharePoint Online, please have a look on following article https://support.office.com/en-us/article/which-browsers-work-with-office-online-ad1303e0-a318-47aa-b409-d3a5eb44e452

3. Auto -installers /Wizard based installation for SharePoint Framework / Project

If I need to deploy Simple Hello world webpart using SPFx, I have to install 4-5 installables,

can it be done with autoinstallers/Wizards, and when developer create new project , automacally default files will be created in project.. I have new to SPFx,in case if it already in place please share the links.

Regards,
    Swati

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

When you deploy a web part to SPO, only item you need to deploy is the sppkg file to app catalog. When you create a new web part, only item you need to execute is the Yeoman generator for giving you the default starting point. Please see more details on the Getting started guidance at http:/aka.ms/spfx.

Installing node, gulp, yo etc. has to be only be done once per environment.

4. Could you add a sample with angular routing in a webpart ? Because with every page that is loaded through routing , angular is not working

Could you add a sample with angular routing in a webpart on GIt (https://github.com/SharePoint/sp-dev-fx-webparts) ? Because with every page that is loaded through routing , angular is not working in my case

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback! Although we appreciate your time and effort to give us this feedback, it’s not something we’re planning to do right now from engineering side. We do understand that there is a need for different kind of samples for the community, but we are not prioritizing them through the UserVoice process, so closing this one from here.

5. Am trying to learn SharePoint Framework, but not getting the side menu to filter. Please help

Am learning the SPfx from the microsoft docs site, but the left hand side menu is disabled or am unable to see it.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. web part jquery datatable with add new row

I saw this tutorial https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint/dev/spfx/web-parts/guidance/migrate-jquery-datatables-script-to-spfx.

And I wonder how to add new row to jquery datatable with data enter from right pane!

Can I do this?

Thk

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Adding the helloworld webpart does not work in Edge but works in Chrome

This sis an issue I am facing, not an idea. Adding the helloworld webpart does not work in Edge but works in Chrome.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Since this is an issue, not an idea, we would suggest submitting this from the http://aka.ms/spdev-issues. Please also include additional details on which sample you were using, what are the versions of your browser and also which operating system you are using.

8. fix the bug when a list is created in sharepoint, where the names of list elements do not appear in the modern vision.

Fix the bug when a list is created in sharepoint, where the names of list elements do not appear in the modern vision.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base