SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

SharePoint Dev Platform

Welcome! This is your place to suggest ideas or vote for ideas for improving the SharePoint Dev Platform.

How to submit a new idea

1. Check if it's already been suggested. If it has, vote for it.
  2. If it's new, submit it in 50 words or less.
  3. Gather support!
  4. If your idea receives over 100 votes in 90 days, we will respond.
    If not, we will close it.

Want to engage further? Please visit the SharePoint Community

Note: we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow Excel Apps for Office to access cell address of selected cells

Enhance the Office JS API to allow apps to read the cell address of selected cells so a better experience can be provided for users who need to see cell references made via their app. Top priority items should include:
    1. The ability to read the cell address of cells a user has selected when using addFromPromptAsync pop up. (e.g. Sheet1!$A$1). This is effectively the same address which shows within the addFromPromptAsync textbox currently.
    2. Ability to read cell references of any selected cell/cell range.

This enhancement will be useful as currently apps can create a binding to a selection…

74 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the feedback. As your feedback is related to Excel Apps, please submit your idea to the Office Excel User Voice forum.

Thanks!

2. In SharePoint communication site please allow developer to add iframe from insecure website (http)

In SharePoint communication site please allow developer to add iframe from insecure website (http)

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback! Although we appreciate your time and effort to give us this feedback, it’s not something we’re planning to do right now as that would be a security risk and normally all browsers would anyway block mixing both http and https. This is really not even something what we can control in the SharePoint side as it’s dependent on the browser settings.

3. Need a telephone number to learn how to repair smoke alarm

Need telephone number to Kidde for troubleshooting smoke alarm.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I would like to embed an unsecure site page in my Sharepoint page

I would like to embed an unsecure site page in my Sharepoint page

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback! Although we appreciate your time and effort to give us this feedback, it’s not something we’re planning to do right now.

This is actually a security feature in the browsers which are blocking mixing https and http requests on the same page and we cannot solve that for you in SharePoint side.

5. Use Vue.js instead of standard rendering

It would be great to be able to (easily) use something like Vue.js instead of hacking around with XSL or rearranging forms with jquery on PreRender() etc. This would be great for Views too.

Something like Vue.js would also be relatively comprehensible for power business users, not just developers. It could be abstracted too, to make it even easier.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback! Although we appreciate your time and effort to give us this feedback, it’s not precisely something we’re planning to do right now. That refers more specifically on the vue.js usage. You can though use any JavaScript framework in SharePoint Framework implementation. We are looking to enable more flexibility on the list and library templating in future though.

6. Not intuitive AT ALL. WHy so many steps to publish!?!!!

Scrap the whole program and think through how to set up the functionality of Sharepoint. All I'm trying to do us publish my site and it is unnecessarily complicated. Nothing is intuitive, would take a month to tell you everything. Scrap all the code and rebuild the entire program from scratch...so it makes sense. Remove all of the "Overthinkers" from program engineering staff (have them work on something else). To many redundant, over thought out processes that make simple processes too complicated. I feel like I am forced to look through 10 drawers of beautifully detailed knives and I desperately…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback! Although we appreciate your time and effort to give us this feedback, there was no concrete or actionable input on this one.

7. alan

edfg

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback! Although we appreciate your time and effort to give us this feedback, it’s not detailed enough for us to perform any action actions.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base