SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

SharePoint Dev Platform

Welcome! This is your place to suggest ideas or vote for ideas for improving the SharePoint Dev Platform.

How to submit a new idea

1. Check if it's already been suggested. If it has, vote for it.
  2. If it's new, submit it in 50 words or less.
  3. Gather support!
  4. If your idea receives over 100 votes in 90 days, we will respond.
    If not, we will close it.

Want to engage further? Please visit the SharePoint Community

Note: we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. It should be possible to "save teamsite as a template"

To save a site as a template used to be so easy! But now you need to be a developer to do this for modern teamsites or communication sites! Why??

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Site Scripts & Site Designs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback! Although we appreciate your time and effort to give us this feedback, it’s not something we’re planning to do right now.

Classic save site as a template capability was designed in away which is no longer valid implementation style in the cloud.

We are in a journey with the Site Designs and Site Scripts potentially provide end user driven export capabilities, which could be used to achieve similar outcome, but we are not planning to provide classic “Save site as a template” capability in the modern SharePoint sites.

2. Reverting to modern theme

Hi,

I changed a team site them to classic in SharePoint Online. I cannot find a way to revert back to modern look, I'm currently stuck with the classic look.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Site Scripts & Site Designs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base