SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

SharePoint Dev Platform

Welcome! This is your place to suggest ideas or vote for ideas for improving the SharePoint Dev Platform.

How to submit a new idea

1. Check if it's already been suggested. If it has, vote for it.
  2. If it's new, submit it in 50 words or less.
  3. Gather support!
  4. If your idea receives over 100 votes in 90 days, we will respond.
    If not, we will close it.

Want to engage further? Please visit the SharePoint Community

Note: we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

I suggest you ....

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Deactivate feature using site scripts and site designs.

There is a verb to activate feature. Sometimes we require to deactivate features which are not required while creating sites. Can there be a separate verb for deactivating features? Also activateFeature but it works only at web level features. Can we have it extended to activate at site collection level?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Site Scripts & Site Designs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add the possibility to update a multi valued managed metadata column using REST API when updating an item

When updating an item using REST API it is currently supported to update a managed metadata column if we'd like to add only one term.
    It would be very useful if we could update a managed metadata column to add several terms when updating an item using REST API

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. SPFx Customizer needs List Permissions to view Data

Using SPFx App Customizer I'm using a _fetchFromSPList() call to populate a MegaMenu (MM) from a SharePoint list onto modern pages. Site Owner permissions can see the MM from any modern page, list, or library, so no problem there, but users with Member (contribute) permissions and Visitor (read-only) can not see the MM on modern pages, but can see the MM list in Site Contents.

I created a new permission level and assign it to a test user aiming for only Read access to the MM list. But specifically, the "Manage Lists" checkbox must be selected for this user to…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  SharePoint Framework  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. if-none-match

Recognize the If-None-Match HTTP header in download.aspx

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Add build parameters for overriding default config.json and package-solution.json locations

Currently SPFx build process assumes that project only has one config.json and one package-solution.json file. For projects that are deployed to multiple tenants this limitation should be removed.

Easiest way would be to add some build parameters that can be used to override locations of those files. e.g.
    gulp package-solution --ship -solutionfile mycustomfolder/package-client1.json

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. API to modify application principals needed

We need the ability to modify application principals via an API so we can give Workflow a greater scope than just a web in an automated fashion. This could be used for fixing broken permissions too.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Need Yammer Integration for Existing Office 365 Groups

Need yammer integration so that new Yammer Groups can connect to existing Office 365 Groups. Thank you.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Support Microsoft Graph data connect

All Office 365 platforms, starting with SharePoint should be fully integrated with Microsoft Graph data connect and facilitate export of audits, metadata such as item created, deleted, viewed etc.

Related to:

https://sharepoint.uservoice.com/forums/329220-sharepoint-dev-platform/suggestions/35630326-azure-event-grid-integration-for-all-office-365-pl

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. AAD app-only access site permission control

As described in this doc: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint/dev/solution-guidance/security-apponly-azuread
    When granted All Site Full Control permission, the application would be able to access all sites in my organization. But can we grant permissions to specific sites? In other words, can we restrict the sites the application can access? If we can, how to do this?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. SPFX > Use query builder in Propertypane

I would like to use the SharePoint Query builder. As we are used to have in the Web-part properties (like the CEWP).
    In SPFX I would like to use it in the Propertypane of a SPFX webpart.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Let Sharepoint CDN deliver JSON files

Currently the Sharepoint CDN does not deliver JSON file formats for private or public, even though it is 'whitelisted' as allowed file extension.
    We configured the CDN following the official sites, which even shows an example how to enable the delivery of JSON files. However, it is not working.

Other file types like JS,TXT or others are delivered without problem. When querying a JSON file though, the server responds with a 404.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. SharePoint Framework Property Pane Enhancements

Please, add next features to Property Pane Groups:
    1. Allow add 'information' to the group - for example, render 'i' icon on the right side of group title and display the information on hover.
    2. for displayGroupsAsAccordion=true add an option to collapse all other groups when one is being expanded like it usually happens in accordeon

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add ability to get Top Search Queries using CSOM / Search API in SharePoint Online

Right now we are not able to get Top Search Queries to display on a SharePoint page dynamically. I know the content is available under Popularity and Search Reports but it would be helpful to the end users if we could show them on a page. Not sure if this is an existing functionality as I've tried a lot and failed.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. App catalog Trust prompt for external dependencies too in the SharePoint Framework

It would be great if all the referenced external dependencies (scripts) were listed in the trust prompt in the app catalog,
    eventually the same for scripts dynamically loaded through the SPComponentLoader with the external scripts dynamically loaded should be declared.
    This would prevent any way of code "injection" without the explicit consent of the app catalog administrator

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  SharePoint Framework  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Workflow Contenty Type bug - "No SharePoint properties found"

Like a number of other users who've reported on the forums, all of our Workflows that use a Content Type are broken: https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/exchange/en-US/14d98357-24fa-4038-a97c-8c02c8022ca0/word-quotno-sharepoint-properties-foundquot?forum=sharepointgeneral&prof=required

Microsoft has recommended we post here, although this seems more like a bug fix than a feature request.
    That said, if you like SharePoint Workflows to work with Microsoft Office, then please vote for this bug fix!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Provide client side API to manipulate ContentType XmlDocuments

As far as I know, there's no way to manipulate XmlDocuments collection of ContentType objects.

On server side, we can directly use SPContentType.XmlDocuments to manipulate the collection, but I didn't find any client side way to do this.

Neither CSOM, nor REST API nor Web service provide something able to reach my goal.

XmlDocuments collection is useful to store content type related configuration. There is OOB configuration like policies, or receivers stored in this collection, and some 3rd party data too (at least we are trying to).

Thanks

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. SP Field Customizer Does not Load on View Change

Expected or Desired Behavior
    SP Field Customizer loads on demand when switching to a view that contains the field and the view renders/displays.

Observed Behavior
    If the initial view loaded contains the custom field then all views that have the custom field render correctly. However, if the initial view does not contain the custom field then when trying to switch to a view that contains the custom column the view does not load. The view id in the query string changes. Views without the custom column will load without a problem.

The following console log is written when clicking the…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Us sharepoint website very slow, when I editing page and publication page.

My issue is ... When I clicked the button of edit or publication, I always need to waiting few seconds, then it work, but this problem no happened at other website, I don't know why ? please help ...

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Site Scripts & Site Designs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Hub navigation bellow extension placeholder

The HUB navigation should always be the first element on the page, since it's a link between site collections and therefore it is expected to be the very first item in the page hierarchy. Is it possible to change this behavior or provide a setting with which one could set which would show first?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. view formatting container

JSON View formatting looks different in a webpart compared to in the list/library.

Can we have access to the container HTML element for the list rather than just to the individual rows? (when writing the JSON)

When creating a grid of floating tiles, they do not align properly when the viewed as a webpart. They are displayed in a jagged stair-case. It works fine when looking at the list/library.

I would attached an image but that doesn't seem to be in this site's feature set :(

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 9 11 13 17 18
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base