SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

SharePoint Dev Platform

Welcome! This is your place to suggest ideas or vote for ideas for improving the SharePoint Dev Platform.

How to submit a new idea

1. Check if it's already been suggested. If it has, vote for it.
  2. If it's new, submit it in 50 words or less.
  3. Gather support!
  4. If your idea receives over 100 votes in 90 days, we will respond.
    If not, we will close it.

Want to engage further? Please visit the SharePoint Community

Note: we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

I suggest you ....

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Status message like with SP.UI.Status

It would be good to have a mechanism to show a status message or 'toast' notification - this was easy with SP2010 and SP2013 - using 'SP.UI.Status'.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  SharePoint Framework  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Send 403 instead of 401 error on REST XHR to prevent credential prompt.

Currently SharePoint will prompt for credentials when a RESTful request is made by a user that does not have access for this content. This will allow JavaScript code to handle access denied (403 Forbidden) error programmatically.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Modify responsive design modern view

I am using modern sharepoint for our company. I noticed that there is A LOT of space left in blank on the right hand side.

The space on the right hand side of the sharepoint. 1/3 of the space is wasted.

The modern view use responsive design, if your Screen Resolution is higher, you would see the white space, this is by design, which is really BAD and looks unattractive due to so much space wasted.

The suggestion is to get rid of all that blank space and optimize the space like old sharepoint.

Thanks.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Python - Sharepoint Integration

Lots of people code in Python. I just want to be able to update some sharepoint list data and email all users via workflow with specific A/D or Sharepoint credentials. Please - /please/ - give me the option to not use Sharepoint Designer or Visual Studio. I just want to paste some code into a sharepoint designer window, say it's related to [list_x], and all I had to do was "import sharepoint_designer_2013". Doing this would allow grant users a lot more optionality in workflow design, and build transferable skills between a conventional programmer and a no-code analyst.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Support OData $inlinecount operator in REST API

The OData v3 specification (which I believe the SharePoint REST API is supposed to be v3) supports an operator to include the total row count for a query in the response. The Project Online /_api/ProjectData endpoint supports it as well. However it seems the /_api/Lists endpoint does not for some reason.

Could you "fix" this so the Lists API is OData compliant?

See section 10.2.3.6 here: http://www.odata.org/documentation/odata-version-3-0/odata-version-3-0-core-protocol/

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Include the filter pane in list web parts

Please include the ability to show the filter pane (usually on the right) when a list or library is added to a modern page as a web part.

Users are asking for an easy way to filter.

Clicking on the headings only allows sorting.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add event callback function properties to Property Pane control options interfaces

The IPropertyPaneButtonProps interface exposes an onClick property which can be set to the name of a callback function that can be executed when a user clicks on the button in the property pane.

I am requesting that you implement callbacks for the other kinds of controls in the property pane so that we can customize the response to changes in those controls. Examples:

CheckBox, Toggle: onStateChange(state)
    Dropdown List, Choice Group: onSelectedItemChange(selectedItem)
    and so on...

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Support excel like functions in view formatting.

Currently list formatting supports excel like expressions. It would be nice it it also supports excel like functions like IsNull or IsBlank.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Sharepoint JSON formatting: Allow the '+' operator to concatenate strings

Currently the + operator is strictly to operate against two numbers.
    JSON comes from Javascript though, and in the JS world, + also is routinely used to concatenate strings.
    It would be convenient and familiar to be able to use + this way.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Include the Original Document GUID in the RecycleBinItem Object

When attempting to retrieve a document from the recycle bin it would be helpful to be able to retrieve the document GUID. Currently, the Id in the Recycle Bin item is different than the document id. We have references to the document Id and would like to check the recycle bin to see if they were moved there

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. GET _api/web/SiteGroups(<id>)

GET _api/web/SiteGroups(<id>) shows outdated information in Site group description filed

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Need cmdlet for adding hub site navigation link

It would be nice to have a powershell command to add links to hub site navigation.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Site Scripts & Site Designs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. More class names for global targeting headers etc.

We have had cases of new SPFx updates breaking entire stylesheets due to changing class names.
    E.g. This is how we currently have to target the Header Logo:

div[data-automationid="SiteHeader"] > [class*="logoCell"]

It would be a dream to just have some global classes that won't change with SPFx changes.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Show recurring events in Event web part

This seems like a VERY obvious function that Sharepoint should have...but allow recurring calendar events to show up in the Event web part within Sharepoint. Why would you be able to categorize something as a birthday or anniversary in your calendar if the recurring event functionality within web parts doesn't even work? I thought it was a bug at first, but after a very small amount of research, I found out other people are having the same issue. PLEASE FIX!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  SharePoint Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. SPWebConfigModification target for single web application, mention zone also in ApplyWebConfigModifications

SPWebApplication.Parent.ApplyWebConfigModifications()
    SPWebApplication.Farm.Services.GetValue<SPWebService>().ApplyWebConfigModifications()

In both these ApplyWebConfigModifications, The web.config modification refreshes all web.config files, it also does not differentiate zones. The last modified date changes for every web application web.config file, even if we targeted for a single web application. This seems default behaviour. Refreshing web.config entries recycles app pool and brings down other web applications which are not intended also.

Can we have options to specify zones or update to only specific web application. This is missing even in SharePoint 2016. Not available in SP2010 and SP2013 too.

SPWebConfigModification would be useful, when we add new servers to our Farm,…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Connect-PNPOnline using local certificate without PFX

When deploying to azure, we are using the app-only pattern where we basically connect to Azure AD using an AppID and a local non-exportable certificate. When we initially created the certificate, we stored the private key of the certificate (pfx) in the AAD application key credentials and leaved the public key in the local certificates store.

This pattern is perfect because you don't have to carry around a PFX file or hash, the only way you can connect to Azure AD is by being on the actual server which has the local certificate installed and you can't export the certificate,…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Fabric component for entering date and time

Let the DatePicker Fabric component (https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/fabric#/components/datepicker) support entering time as well as the date.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Allow optional permissions to webApiPermissionRequests so admin can approve some

Allow users to specify multiple permissions in webApiPermissionRequests that admin can approve only some of them (not all or nothing).

Also would be great if the application can request more/different permissions based on user configuration during runtime:
    Make a request to resource X
    Get access denied
    Prompt the user and open a new "request" for that resource during runtime

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. UserProfile.BatchUpdate.API is not working anymore. Please fix.

I am using the UserProfile.BatchUpdate.API for like 2 years without any problem. I have accidentally noticed that the API is not working anymore. It is not important, if i trigger the sync job with one user or multiple in the JSON file or if i try to sync multiple attributes or one attribute, i am just getting an internal error like this one:

Job ID: 07bb3ef9-60a2-46d0-a467-396b9428abf5
    Job State: Error
    Error State: InternalError
    Logged errors: Failed to import the custom properties due to an unexpected error.

Please fix the api!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Want to custamize the communication site search page .

Want to custamize the communication site search page . If not , atleast i should have the settings to redirect to search center site from the modern page (redirection works only in classic pages now)

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base