SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

SharePoint Dev Platform

Welcome! This is your place to suggest ideas or vote for ideas for improving the SharePoint Dev Platform.

How to submit a new idea

1. Check if it's already been suggested. If it has, vote for it.
  2. If it's new, submit it in 50 words or less.
  3. Gather support!
  4. If your idea receives over 100 votes in 90 days, we will respond.
    If not, we will close it.

Want to engage further? Please visit the SharePoint Community

Note: we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Column Formatting changes Date column display to ISO format

Column Formatting - fix date display when using @now in column. Add formatting to set the background-color of the currentField based on another column date value being @now + 86400000 (1 day) changes the display of all date columns to ISO8601 format (YYYY-MM-DDTHH:MM:SSZ). I can set the column formatting on those columns to fix this, but if I group by a date field, those values don't attend to the column formatting.

Any way to avoid the date display changing to the ISO8601?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Enhance addSPField with internalName property as required

If the displayName property is not specified, the internal name will be based on the display name. An internal name should always be a required property.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Site Scripts & Site Designs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. SPD workflow gets stuck while sending email to SP Group when an user in the group leaves organization

SPD workflow gets stuck (always Retries) while sending email to SP Group when an user in the group leaves organization

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Please create a Vue.js SPFx Template

Please add in a template for Vue.js to be used for SPFx as the current options are Knockout and React when creating a new web part. Attempting to configure all of the files for Vue.js is cumbersome and frustrating as there are multiple referenced projects that seem to differ from one another and none work for me.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  SharePoint Framework  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Update documentation to show that you use createSPList verb to update an existing list

Please update the documentation from "Use the createSPList verb to create a new SharePoint list."
    to something like
    "Use the createSPList verb to create a new SharePoint list or update an existing list"

as it is not clear from the documentation at the minute..

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  SharePoint Documentation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Support for wildcards at beginning of SQL queries

According to Microsoft documentation, "Prefix matching is also supported with phrases specified in property values, but you must use the wildcard operator (*) in the query, and it is supported only at the end of the phrase." This is extrememly limiting. Why can't the wild card be anywhere in the query? This functionality would be great.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  SharePoint APIs (CSOM/REST/Server-side)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. DisableAppView seems to be not working

This post may be duplicated but I was able to disable Flow menu on SharePoint lists using SiteProperties.DisableFlows but not PowerApps using SiteProperties.DisableAppView. Any suggestions?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  SharePoint APIs (CSOM/REST/Server-side)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. file sharing inconsistent across browsers

Hi!

I have just setup a brand new office 365 developer account and I am playing around with it to make some tests.

One of the things I'm trying is:

- create a plain html file with an image source to a random online image

- share a link

- open the link without being authenticated

behavior:

- google chrome: shows html and image without errors

- firefox: shows html and image without errors

- edge: shows a blank page (document not rendered), no console errors

- internet explorer: shows the page without image and with a console error (note…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Custom List, version history filter by column name

When review the version history in a list it good be nice to have the possibility to filter by column name. It would be like a kind of track changes by column.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Make internal SP links display the same icon as its target

In SharePoint, .url items currently display a generic web page icon no matter what the link leads to. It would be great if it could work similarly to shortcuts in WIndows, where it is apparent which file type it points at.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. develop different way to validate a new sharepoint webhook subscription for notifier URLS that cannot support responses

some packaged platforms like Slack have incoming webhook capability and will give you notifier URLs. But these urls cannot respond back to a validation message and the required webhook subscription in SharePoint can never be created.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Support for specific column type for Field Customizers

Right now Field Customizers only work for specific fields (based on internal name) or new defined field. Is there any provision to make the field customizer run for specific field type say User and Group across all the lists. Please suggest.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Eliminate Vulnerabilities in New Yeoman SharePoint Projects

As of August 16, 2019, when I create a new SPFx project via the Yeoman SharePoint Generator, I get a nasty NPM warning that says:
    "found 2012 vulnerabilities (1806 low, 12 moderate, 194 high)"

My understanding is that *most* of these "vulnerabilities" are related to the development environment and will not wind up in production; unfortunately, I don't really have the expertise needed to know that for sure. I'm trusting in Microsoft to provide me with a technology that is safe to use in an enterprise environment. Warning messages like this do not help my confidence.

Please fix the Yeoman…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Column formatting for Lookup Columns

There needs to be an easy way to format Lookup columns the same way regular columns can be formatted. I tried putting in JSON, but it keeps giving showing [OBJECT] [OBJECT] in the column.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Expose Pnp spfx webpart title as a dynamic property in Dynamic Connection.

Currently default web part's Title property is provided in the dynamic data connection, Requesting PNP spfx webpart title (custom webpart title property -> https://sharepoint.github.io/sp-dev-fx-controls-react/controls/WebPartTitle/) to expose in dynamic Connection.

Raise issue reference : https://github.com/SharePoint/sp-dev-docs/issues/4241
    Topic Reference: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint/dev/spfx/dynamic-data

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/94893008-9bc1-40c5-baca-a230e5fff89b/spsitedataquery-return-incorrect-result-if-multip

enable SPSiteDataQuery to query listitems from both discussion board and image library at the same time

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 12 13 14 16 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base