SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

SharePoint Dev Platform

Welcome! This is your place to suggest ideas or vote for ideas for improving the SharePoint Dev Platform.

How to submit a new idea

1. Check if it's already been suggested. If it has, vote for it.
  2. If it's new, submit it in 50 words or less.
  3. Gather support!
  4. If your idea receives over 100 votes in 90 days, we will respond.
    If not, we will close it.

Want to engage further? Please visit the SharePoint Community

Note: we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add "Pre/Post task" hooks for gulp build rig

When running a gulp task, I frequently have tasks I want to perform BEFORE the task runs. Considering there are now hooks to add sub-tasks before/after the build, the bundle, typescript, and you can hook into the webpack configuration, it would make sense to me to add a hook so you can add a "pre (or post) task" hook. A subtask that runs BEFORE/AFTER everything else does.

I use this especially when running 'gulp serve', to start a proxy service that allows me to use live sharepoint data while using the local workbench. However, I frequently want to use different…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  SharePoint Framework  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make triggering a Power Automation flow from site script free again

Recent licensing changes for Power Automate has made the Request - When a HTTP Request is received trigger a Premium action. This essentially removes the ability to call a Power Automate Flow from a Site Script since every user making the call would now require premium licensing.

Whats worse, is any Flow that was previously configured to use this trigger from a site script can no longer be updated and saved. You are given an error message about inaccurate licensing and prevented from saving. So anyone who had been using it for Site design and site script automation can no…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Site Scripts & Site Designs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Using add-in only / app-only permissions with search queries in SharePoint 2016 (On Prem).

Currently we're not able to leverage the SharePoint Search API using the app only permissions within SharePoint 2016 (On-Prem). It should work the same way as it does in SharePoint Online (supports search queries).

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  SharePoint Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Browsing the apps under From Your Organization

Under apps From Your Organization, we can not distinguish apps from
    Site Collection App Catalog and apps fromTenant App Catalog.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Why cant there is no verb to add the folders in existing document library

Hi,
    I want to add the multiple root folders to existing documents library along with custom fields but I didn't see any mentioned verb to create the sp folder in document library.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Site Scripts & Site Designs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add Support for Purescript in Addition to Typescript

I want to thank Microsoft for creating TypeScript. As an absentminded person, plain JavaScript drives me nuts. TypeScript is a welcome enhancement to baseline JavaScript; however, I think there might be a better option in development today.

A possible alternative to TypeScript is PureScript. It is a strongly typed "pure" functional language that compiles to JavaScript. Pure functional languages greatly reduce bugs from side effects. Additionally, PureScript has a Haskell like syntax. The "pure" nature of PureScript combined with it's Haskell like syntax may offer advantages that TypeScript cannot currently provide.

Other possible interesting options are to add support for…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. ListView Command Order

ListView Command Order
    change list view order for eg : move command two before export to excel.
    ![image](https://user-images.githubusercontent.com/11780473/41955097-3af5200e-79fc-11e8-9a31-311c1fde41b9.png)

This is necessary feature.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Allow page-level application extensions

Currently, application extensions can work with known locations, and with toolbars for lists, but there is no (supported) way to create extensions that would allow you to add toolbar buttons to pages.

If we want to add a button that is visible when a user is editing a modern page so that they can do stuff within the page, there isn't a (supported) way to do that.

For example, I want to add a button for my content editors that verifies their content for WCAG compliance, or make sure the content adheres to corporate guidelines before they save the page.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  SharePoint Framework  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Create Password Protected Anonymous links

New functionality when Sharing Folders/Files with Anyone allows for assigning an Expiry Date and setting a Password. Having access to an API that would allow this to happen would be extremely beneficial to our organisation

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  SharePoint APIs (CSOM/REST/Server-side)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Enable configuring sp-page-context settings on the workbench

when developing spfx webparts that will serve as listforms (for example added to edit form.aspx), we can use sp-page-context splits and splits item to determine the list and item we are working on.

it would be nice if the workbench could let us configure these parameters so that when developing, we could mimic the real environment.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Make CSOM license Linux friendly

CSOM has restrictions on distribution for Windows platform only. Make the CSOM license linux friendly because tons of people want to use CSOM platform independently to avoid having to use the REST API.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  SharePoint APIs (CSOM/REST/Server-side)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. SharePoint 2016 Shared With Popup URL redirection issue

SharePoint 2016 Default redirection having an issue.

Issue Explained in below URL. Please check.
    https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/792f5c20-5708-4176-b658-6786fe0b24af/sharepoint-2016-shared-with-popup-url-redirection-issue?forum=sharepointdevelopment

Resolution:
    After clicking the close button in view documents properties page directly redirect to document library rather then back (popup page).

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Option to remove social media functionality from Sharepoint

This is only really useful if everybody in the company uses it. I'd rather Sharepoint developers spent their time on something useful, like a functional search engine.

For example, I look at my Sharepoint profile probably once a year. If someone posts something I need to see there, I'm not going to see it for months.

This overlaps with social media functionality on Teams and numerous other products. Remove it from Sharepoint. No one in their right mind is going to seriously use it.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Direct lookup of choice, looked up and calculated fields in a second list

In more complex data/list models it is impossible to lookup a choice field or a caclculated field or an already looked up field from a second list. E.g. If there is some masterdata for machines (articles in a shop) I can‘t lookup the calculated space it needs or the chosen measure unit or the media it needs (specified in a third list). I couldńt find simple solutions for that and it hinders me from building fast prototypes...

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Reliable CDN for SharePoint assets (e.g. sp.js)

Not sure if this is one for the Dev team but, it would be really nice to have a reliable CDN where we can reference SharePoint assets like sp.js etc.

It seems that when using for example the following in an extension config.json:
    "path": "https://static.sharepointonline.com/bld/_layouts/15/16.0.8824.1211/SP.js",

That older versions are not maintained and are deleted (randomly without warning, yay).

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. How to do large file upload >250MB file in sharepoint using jquery chunk approach.

How to do large file upload >250MB file in sharepoint using jquery chunk approach.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Make root level SPFx Extension load on Modern Sub Site too.

SPFx extensions added at the root level not working in modern sub sites. E.g. SPFx extension which adds alert or banner image on every modern page only appears at root level. Modern sub site level this extension is not loaded

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Column Formatting changes Date column display to ISO format

Column Formatting - fix date display when using @now in column. Add formatting to set the background-color of the currentField based on another column date value being @now + 86400000 (1 day) changes the display of all date columns to ISO8601 format (YYYY-MM-DDTHH:MM:SSZ). I can set the column formatting on those columns to fix this, but if I group by a date field, those values don't attend to the column formatting.

Any way to avoid the date display changing to the ISO8601?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. CDN Edge Server behaviour when passing through API

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    API を通した場合の CDN エッジ サーバーの動作について
    CDN Edge Server behaviour when passing through API

■Description(内容):
    SharePoint サイト内のニュース Web パーツ内に画像ファイルを設置している。
    CDN エッジ サーバーを設定した際、開発者ツールから確認しても API を通しているために 画像ファイルに CDN が適用されていない。
    内部的に適用されているかを明文化するとともに、適用対象外であれば、対象となるよう変更を希望。​
    We have image files saved in the News Web Parts on our SharePoint site.
    When setting up the CDN Edge Server, the image file is not applied to the CDN because it is passed through the API even when checked from the developer tools.
    We would like to clarify whether it is applied internally and hope that it will be changed if it is not applicable currently.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base