SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

SharePoint Dev Platform

Welcome! This is your place to suggest ideas or vote for ideas for improving the SharePoint Dev Platform.

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

How to submit a new idea

1. Check if it's already been suggested. If it has, vote for it.
  2. If it's new, submit it in 50 words or less.
  3. Gather support!
  4. If your idea receives over 100 votes in 90 days, we will respond.
    If not, we will close it.

Want to engage further? Please visit the SharePoint Community

Note: we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Publish SharePoint Framework applications to the marketplace in both SharePoint Store and Teams Store

As I am submitting a SharePoint Framework solution to the marketplace and allow user to install by themselves. I know this feature is currently only target on the SharePoint Site but not Teams store, there is currently no option to only target Microsoft Teams store for SharePoint Framework based extensibility.. However there are more development on the Teams App with SPFx, is there any roadmap to allow partner to publish the solution for both SharePoint and Teams store.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  SharePoint Framework  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Infopath forms abilities to SharePoint forms

SharePoint forms
    If you're like most InfoPath developers, you learned InfoPath to interact with SharePoint. SharePoint is great, but the default forms are a bit pedestrian and don't allow for customization or business logic without InfoPath. Well, integrate all of InfoPath desktop into the default forms. Power Apps is not my answer, make SharePoint Forms better.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Use MS SP Rest API v1 (via a SP app) to change content of the “Modified By” field w/ a string of preference

Using the MS SP Rest API v1 (via a SP app) allow to change content of the “Modified By” field with a custom value like "acme" (where "acme" is not a username but the name given to the SharePoint app at the time of registering it) instead of SharePoint app for a file uploaded using the app.

Having a meaningful defined as "Modified By" of importance for tracking and audit purposes.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  SharePoint APIs (CSOM/REST/Server-side)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Edit/change 'text' column to 'calculated' column

I want to change/edit 'text' type column to 'calculated' type. I see other datatype options when I try to edit but 'calculate' type is not there. I get calculated type only when creating new columns but not when I need to change/edit columns. This feature is very useful for customers like me.
    Sincereley,
    YT

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Site Scripts & Site Designs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Please add custom css capability for list form body json

Hi,

While header and footer allows custom CSS, this is missing in body section which is forcing us to opt for external solutions. Please allow "style" attribute in the body section too.

Thanks.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Site Scripts & Site Designs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Configuring list form need to use internal column names

Configuring list form need to use internal column names. Otherwise one need to enter all possible language names for the columns. Also the formatting is currently full of bugs. Even though I enter a formatting and check that it looks ok SharePoint somehow shreds the formatting to pieces in a matter of hours making the form appear in it's standard form and the JSON code is not as I left it.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Include "Saved for Later" list on SharePoint app bar

Please add a the items that users have in their "Save for later" list to the SharePoint app bar. Would be great to have it there so they are available to users wherever they are in SharePoint

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Analytics not working file for jpg and other file types

When you use REST API or Graph API and the endpoint ends with "/analytics/allTime", analytics works fine for file types other than images (and possibly other file types). Can it work OK for all file types?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  SharePoint APIs (CSOM/REST/Server-side)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Restore previous behaviour for Choice fields with checkboxes in SharePoint Lists

Until very recently in my (Modern) SharePoint List, a Choice field with checkboxes actually showed the checkboxes and allowed selection/deselection. In the last month or so this has stopped displaying the list with checkboxes and displays a plain looking list, entries disappear from the list if selected, and need to be cancelled/deleted from within the field rather than unselecting the checkbox. I'd like the original behaviour to be reinstated. I suspect this change has also changed the format of the Choice field content when it's exported to Excel, which causes me other automation issues.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Conditional Formula - When we show / hide If the selection is already made -Values not cleared

Conditional Formula - When we show / hide, If the selection is already made when the field is visible then values are not getting cleared when we reselect other option in dropdown value, this is again causing issue in using the feature. When changes are made in the selection the values should get reset.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/94893008-9bc1-40c5-baca-a230e5fff89b/spsitedataquery-return-incorrect-result-if-multip

enable SPSiteDataQuery to query listitems from both discussion board and image library at the same time

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Site Design script triggerFlow verb alternative awaiting the result and add custom texts in the process of applying a custom site design

The end user experience might come not so ideal in case of applying a custom site design e.g seeing waiting for progress state in case of simple action e.g. adding to a hub site with 10sec to 3min and then as a last action triggering flow which immediately results. It might causes a meaning the whole operation is finished and further confusions like "Is it/ or is it not finished yet?" Could it be so that:
    1) the platform offers e.g. runFlow with a timeout parameter (in future possibly also a nice way showing to end user actual time to…

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Allow appOnly Apps to update UserProfiles and TaxonomyStore

As mentioned here

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint/dev/sp-add-ins/add-in-permissions-in-sharepoint

and here

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint/dev/solution-guidance/app-only-elevated-privileges-sharepoint-add-in

it ist stated, that using AppOnly Permissions is restricted for UserProfile and TaxonomyStore (whereas Taxonomystore is unclear).

However, as now CSOM supports .Net core, but only with AddIn-Model authentication, we have no possibility to use that to update UserProfiles or TaxonomyStore in an automated way in the backend using .Net Core.

At least if that documention is still correct.

Currently we have to use a service user and .Net Framework CSOM to do that tasks. But this on the other way prevents us to use new technologies for example in Azure, which is…

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  SharePoint Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Switch to sass (Dart-Sass) instead of node-sass

Node-Sass and libsass are deprecated. While still maintained, no new features will be added.
    This is especiall true for "@use" which is replacement for "@import" which will be phased out in the future.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  SharePoint Framework  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
1 2 21 22 23 25 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base