SharePoint Dev Platform

I suggest you ....

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow SharePoint Sites created via O365 Groups to be managed in SharePoint Admin Center

Each Office365 Group creates a new SharePoint Site, this is not currently shown in the Sharepoint Admin Center so it is not possible to manage specific sharing rules, storage and compute quotas and other advanced settings. Such sites should appear in the Site Collection lists to be manageable.

44 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      5 comments  ·  SharePoint Framework  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Please create a MY App Launcher Chrome Control

As a Sharepoint Developer I have used a lot the chrome control in Sharepoint Apps, however with the new App Launcher and My Apps Page, I would suggest that Microsoft creates an "app launcher chrome control", a piece of code we can "copy/paste" in our webforms/mvc/js apps that will show automatically the Apps Launcher.

I believe this will be a great way to navigate between LOB Apps that we create in the Offce 365 Platform.

Thank you

41 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        1 comment  ·  SharePoint Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Extensions: Support Development in Local Workbench

Today, application extensions in SPFx (command sets, application customizers & field customizers) can't be tested within either the local or SharePoint Online hosted workbench. This is a bummer and a big step backwards to such a cool aspect to the development story with SPFx.

I get that you need a list to work with, but at a minimum, the workbench could have a static list with static data and no other functionality for us to test the customizations on.

My wish is that Microsoft adds support to the workbench for extensions before GA.

39 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          4 comments  ·  SharePoint Framework  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Allow access to SP.UserProfiles.PeopleManager/GetPropertiesFor when using OAuth authorization

This applies to SharePoint Online in Office 365. We'd like to move over to using OAuth in our app that integrates with Office 365, but there is one blocker we cannot get around. We need to fetch users' PersonalUrl, which works fine when using regular credentials/a fedAuth cookie. Calling the https://siteurl/_api/sp.userprofiles.peoplemanager/getpropertiesfor(@v)?@v='i:0#.f|membership|user@site.com'&$select=PersonalUrl,DisplayName endpoint when using a valid OAuth bearer token results in a 401 Unauthorized error. Since we're only testing OAuth at the moment I went ahead and enabled all permissions for my app in the Azure management portal, so that's not the issue.

38 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            0 comments  ·  SharePoint Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Add support for Single Page Applications to the SharePoint Framework

Angular2 provides an excellent user experience, especially when tied to Bootstrap (v3 or v4) suitable for creating immersive experiences where the whole of the SharePoint chrome is replaced (other than the top bar).

However integrating it with the SharePoint REST API framework is cumbersome and unless extensive work is undertaken to mock SharePoint the unit testing and rapid deployment is very unpleasant if possible at all.

The SharePoint framework provides a rapid deployment and unit testable mechanism for developing SharePoint functionality but is limited to single web parts.

Please extend the model so that it can be used to create…

35 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              0 comments  ·  SharePoint Framework  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Fully integrated overlay calendar from Exchange

Make the calendar webpart so it can fully overlay any number of calendars from Exchange, and also make them writable. For example have a room calendar in Exchange where non Exchange users can see the calendar and even make a reservation.

35 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Fix REST API $batch Responses to include changeset references

A previous submission (http://officespdev.uservoice.com/forums/224641-general/suggestions/6298389-enable-batching-support-for-the-rest-api here was marked as closed but I'd argue that it isn't complete.. it's only a partial implementation of the $batch support for OData v4.0.

The challenge is that the $batch responses from SharePoint Online do not include changeset references. This means you have to manually parse every response and popular tools that rely on the changeset reference (like data.js) can't be used. I explain the problem in the last paragraph here:

http://www.andrewconnell.com/blog/part-2-sharepoint-rest-api-batching-exploring-batch-requests-responses-and-changesets

34 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                • Ability to upgrade all Apps in environment on update in App Catalog via Store or Side load

Currently when you deploy an App, any instances of the App will not upgrade until manually done via User Interface. It would be great to be able to Upgrade the App in the App Catalog from the Store or via Side Loading and it upgrade all instances at once.

34 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    0 comments  ·  SharePoint Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • Provide support in on-premise Office online faster for new versions of the APIs

The on-premise versions of Office Online server always massively lag behind the available features in O365. It would be helpful to cut this time lag from several years to several months to be able to use new features faster. Cloud solutions are not so popular in many customer segments in Europe.

34 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                      0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • Microsoft.SharePoint.Client.AuditQuery in CSOM

It would be good to be able to query the Site Collection Audit data via the client-side object model.

The current Audit Log Reports can serve a purpose, but the real power is being able to query the raw data and generate custom reports. This currently doesn't appear to be available in SharePoint Online and is only available for On-Prem via Microsoft.SharePoint.SPAuditQuery.

33 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                        1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • Add Web.Recycle method to CSOM

The Web class in the CSOM lacks the ability to send a web to the recycle bin. Currently it's only possible to delete a web by using Web.DeleteObject() which makes restoring from recycle bin impossible.

Please consider adding a Recycle() method to the Web class.

33 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                        • Allow all list/library advanced settings be accessible via CSOM/REST

Some list/library settings are available via CSOM. Others are available via the list property bag (although that approach is not desirable). However, there are even other advanced settings that don't appear to be accessible (read or write) via CSOM/REST. In particular, the advanced settings for "open documents in the browser" (open in the client application, etc.) or allow "quick edit" (yes/now).

I'm looking at SharePoint 2013 when trying to do this, but I suspect the same problem occurs for SharePoint Online and SharePoint 2016.

33 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                            0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • SharePoint 2016 TechNet Virtual Lab

TechNet Virtual Labs has a wonderful virtual labs for SharePoint 2013. It would be great if a similar Virtual Lab is provided for SharePoint 2016.

33 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                            • CSOM APIs to capture SharePoint DocumentSet version programmatically

The are no CSOM APIs to capture SharePoint DocumentSet version programmatically. As DocumentSet is a powerful SharePoint feature, CSOM should support API to capture document set version as SharePoint Server Object Model does.

33 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                              • Allow App installation / update through CSOM, without manually 'trust' the app (and without using SideLoading)

It will allow App Installation during site provisionning, and integration with devops tools such as TFS for install / update.
                                It's actually really difficult to integrate Apps Development in a continuous integration life cycle.

32 votes
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                • Fix the REST API to return the value and not the Id when getting single value Managed Metadata field

REST API should be fixed when getting single value Managed Metadata since it returns the Id instead of the actual value, which then requires another call to get the value. Without this you cannot show a list of items/docs with the single Managed Metadata value. Note that "Allow Multiple" Managed Metadata works fine as it returns a collection of actual values.

For details see: http://sharepointificate.blogspot.com/2014/05/taxonomy-columns-sharepoint-2013-list.html

32 votes
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                  • Provide the ability to create custom User Profile properties using CSOM/REST

Customers usually creates multiple custom User Profile properties. And there is always a need to script this so that it can be repeated across the environments. Today, the only way is to create these using Web UI. This is a huge problem for customers who are dependent on a large number of custom user profile properties.

31 votes
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    • Extend CSOM/REST for modifying item-level permission settings on lists

If possible, please provide a REST endpoint or CSOM API extension for modifying the item-level permission settings which can be found under the advanced list settings. More specific, this means being able to modify the "Read access" and "Create and edit access" settings.

30 votes
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      • Enable the ability to set DB and Quota during site collection creation using CSOM

From a DB planning asked management perspective e should be able to create site collections with similar usage profiles in the same DB. Within a single web application architecture MySites and Teams Sites will reside in the same DB if provisioning is done via CSOM. Perhaps you could add the ability to set MySite databases within the User Profile service or specify the DB at site collection creation. Also ideally we could set quotas from CSOM and potentially even move sites between DBs. This would allow us to manage increase requests in a controlled way through approvals and then action…

30 votes
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        • Update user profile properties using the client API

Why is it not possible to update a user profile properties with the client API (managed code and JS)? It is possible via the userprofiles.asmx - so it cannot be because of security concerns.

Please add the necessary methods to the API!

29 votes
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)